PDA

View Full Version : Something a little bit different for a prom?

servoskull
22-11-2009, 11:16 AM
We've been 'pencilled in' for a booking by a the local high school for a prom at a country hotel next year.

They said they'll give me all the entertainment budget, which should be around £650. This needs to pay for our disco services, and 'something a bit different'.

Every year they have 'something a bit different', one year it was fireworks, the following year it was a magician and entertainer. They've suggested some sort of laser show, Searchlights, and i've suggested perhaps some local bands. They also want a "Class of 10" lancework (for those of you who haven't dabbled in fireworks, those are the signs that burn with words like goodnight and happy new year)

So in total, after paying us and paying for the lancework, (bout £100), we're gonna have about £300 for something different.

Any one have any suggestions?

Cheers!

yourdj
22-11-2009, 01:10 PM
LED dance floor and club type quad trussing if you can stretch that far.

servoskull
22-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah, hadn't thought about that, problem is, cost! Hiring in a LED floor would massively eat into the budget, if not take it all up!

Quad trussings another good idea, again it'd have to be hired in.

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, hadn't thought about that, problem is, cost! Hiring in a LED floor would massively eat into the budget, if not take it all up!

Quad trussings another good idea, again it'd have to be hired in.

I don't think you'd get an Led floor for £300.

servoskull
22-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I meant the 650 budget, :p , which i something i'd definitely not want to do, i want some payment for this!

How about a gangsters and molls theme?

xx

Leicester Ben
22-11-2009, 07:05 PM
for a small starlit floor you are looking at £550 so thats out of the budget.

How about venue lighting with an operator to controll the units all night, that may be in budget!

thex-faders
22-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Why not get some 42" screens and some people to video throughout the night projecting onto screens etc. Then wideo editing for a Prom DVD or something the kids can buy after?

Not sure on budgeting for this but is a moder nand interesting idea i think for a prom!

charlie
22-11-2009, 10:42 PM
i was asked to do this for a local college.

How about some large silk flames for the entrance

Some profile lanterns projecting gobos onto walls, ceilings (i used star break ups, looked really good!) - also in the entrance

LED par cans uplighting the corridors, entrance etc.

Maybe some cheap red carpet from the limo drop off to the entrance?

You can create a really good effect for not much money and its amazing what people think is really impressive!

Jonny Boy
23-11-2009, 12:22 PM
How about a gangsters and molls theme?
xx

or how about a Rat Pack/Las Vegas theme and get a live singer in.... if only we knew someone on this forum that could do something like that for around that kinda money..... ;)

OR they could go for a "Legends" show with all those "cheesey" classics like Sweet Caroline and It's Not Unusual, Build Me Up Buttecup etc etc....

But who would have vocal versaility? Hmmmmm. ;-)

PM sent.

Paul James Promotions
23-11-2009, 12:50 PM
LED uplighting?

yourdj
23-11-2009, 01:17 PM
LED uplighting?

Thats the best bet for a good profit! Theme it and use a projector to screen video too. Ie gangster night. :)

flatliners
23-11-2009, 01:19 PM
how about a popcorn party saw this in spain big popcorn machine sprayed popcorn everywhere

servoskull
25-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Like the uplighting and 2x 42" with live camera feeds. Where can i get the screens, cameras and transmitters for hire, for not too much?

And of course, who's going to start offering me quote on uplighting hire?