PDA

View Full Version : Stress. I've just had a Penmare moment.

Excalibur
05-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Arrived early in Newcastle, after a 130 mile drive. Whoopee. Set up in a relaxed manner, plugged everything in, including laptop, no power at amp. Check cables and fuses, swear under breath, fetch spare from car. Still no power. :confused: At this point, realise 4way is not plugged into extension cable. Oops, silly me. :o :o :o 130 miles back tonight, Xmas party in the golf club. Hey ho. :eek: :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I think we've all done something similar.

Except me of course :sj:

simonp
05-12-2009, 12:45 PM
:lol: can imagine the initial instant panic, where all logic goes out the window and the slow spread of cold panic rises up through the body :lol:

Excalibur
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
:lol: can imagine the initial instant panic, where all logic goes out the window and the slow spread of cold panic rises up through the body :lol:

I'd checked that the wall socket was on. What threw me was that the laptop was on. I'd plugged its mains lead in, but of course it didn't matter. :o :o :o

rob1963
05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
I think we've all done something similar.

Gone to Newcastle?

:eek:

Tom
05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Iv had a few moments like this before. Get everything setup and forgot to plug in a few things. Doh. lol

Excalibur
05-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Wahey, I'm in the Golf Club. :D :D Come on, be fair, how many of you can drive 130 miles in an LDV van, and set up a complete disco in two and a half hours? Us old 'uns can still do it. ;) :D :D :D

DeckstarDeluxe
05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
i havent done that but did once wonder why the music was so quiet, course hadnt noticed the talkover function on the mixer was on so clicked it off and of course the music was really loud for a couple of seconds haha oops!

Penfold42
06-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Don't do what I did last night and switch the hard drive off when just starting.! :eek:

:doh:

rob1963
06-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Last weekend I found the last song, sent it to deck 1, pushed up the fader, hit play & the counter started counting down...but absolutely noting was coming out, so we had about 10 seconds of silence while I sent the same track to deck 2, pushed up that fader & was relieved to hear it DID work on that deck.

I then noticed that the toggle switch above the fader on deck 1 was in the "phono" position rather than "line"...so I'd obviously knocked it by mistake & not realised what I'd done.

simonp
07-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I then noticed that the toggle switch above the fader on deck 1 was in the "phono" position rather than "line"...so I'd obviously knocked it by mistake & not realised what I'd done.

:rofl: Rock AND Roll Rob, Rock And Roll :rofl:

rob1963
07-12-2009, 10:56 AM
:o

Vectis
07-12-2009, 02:54 PM

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt :p

jc light and sound
07-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Wahey, I'm in the Golf Club. :D :D Come on, be fair, how many of you can drive 130 miles in an LDV van, and set up a complete disco in two and a half hours? Us old 'uns can still do it. ;) :D :D :D

I take my hat of to you 130 miles in a ldv van then do a gig you must have some stamina,i never realised a ldv was capable of running 130 miles:)

Excalibur
08-12-2009, 08:30 AM
I take my hat of to you 130 miles in a ldv van then do a gig you must have some stamina,i never realised a ldv was capable of running 130 miles:)

Got to be honest, I posted the truth elsewhere, but I can't find it. :confused:
I'd set the Golf Club gear up beforehand, and simply had to hurtle down the
A1 in the Astra. Plug the mixer case in and away I went. :D

Done hundred mile gigs in Lincolnshire in SS Continental Drift before though.

jc light and sound
08-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Nice one, good to hear there are few djs out there like myself who dont mind a bit of traveling well done.