PDA

View Full Version : WANTED FOR HIRE: Moving Heads on 6th/7th May 2010

OllieJames
12-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi All,

I know it's a long way off, but I just thought I'd ask on here before contacting some hire companies.

I've been asked to supply sound & lights for a fashion show at my school on May 7th 2010 (dress rehersal on 6th). Sound is not an issue but I could do with some advice...

The last fashion show put on at the school (of which I filmed for the school) used the school lighting (pars and spots) but the AV company had also used 4 Moving Heads (Mac 250s I believe?) which looked really effective.

It won't actually be me paying for the hire, it'll be the student organising it that will pay from the ticket sales and the money from the clothing companies paying for stalls.

So, is there anyone "kind of" local to me that would have either 2 or preferably 4 moving heads available for those nights? If they're only available for the Friday then that's fine. I say local as I wouldn't really want to have travel a huge distance for a couple of hours of a fashion show.

The other thing to consider is that I would have thought to use them effectively a DMX controller would have to be used?

Thanks for your help,
Ollie

DynamoTom
12-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I could get you 4 Isolution IMOVE 250S Moving Heads for £40 + VAT Each, or 4 Isolution IMOVE 5S Moving Heads for £30 + VAT Each.

I will check on the avaliablity on monday next week for you.

A1DL
12-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Ollie

I recommend you contact John Huson at Pearce Hire, they are not a million miles from you (Peterborough). All their inventory is industry standard kit - you've seen what Macs can do at your last show & it will be worth paying the extra to get the right tools for the job.

Whilst entry level £250 movers may be ok for disco parties, I doubt they'll meet your expectations for a fashion show.

Here's a link:
http://www.pearcehire.co.uk/

Tony

Gareth
12-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Ollie

I recommend you contact John Huson at Pearce Hire, they are not a million miles from you (Peterborough). All their inventory is industry standard kit - you've seen what Macs can do at your last show & it will be worth paying the extra to get the right tools for the job.

Whilst entry level £250 movers may be ok for disco parties, I doubt they'll meet your expectations for a fashion show.

Here's a link:
http://www.pearcehire.co.uk/

Tony

Seconded - would definatley recommend them and have seen them in action.

Gareth

OllieJames
12-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks a lot for that Tony. Will get in touch!

Tom - I can already get 4 Mac 250s for less than that per night anyway. Thanks though.

Charlie Brown
12-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Tom, do you have the equipment to personally hire out or are you offering this on behalf of someone else?

DynamoTom
13-12-2009, 01:59 AM
I am offering this on behalf of a company I know.