PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Karaoke

SteveH
12-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Guys,

I am currently playing from about 1000 tracks on CDG. I am thinking of getting mobile broadband and streaming from Sing to The World or something similar. Can anyone tell me
1) Is this legal
2) Can anyone recommend a Good Mobile broadband package?
3) Does anyone know how this would use up GB download limits from a Broad Band supplier as I am not actually downloading anything.

Thanks for your help:confused:

Charlie Brown
12-12-2009, 04:42 PM
I have sing to the world....for some reason mine sounded terrible when run through the system.

Great idea though.

DazzyD
13-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Hi Guys,

I am currently playing from about 1000 tracks on CDG. I am thinking of getting mobile broadband and streaming from Sing to The World or something similar. Can anyone tell me
1) Is this legal

Not if you're doing it for financial gain (ie as a business). These services are for home/personal use only.

2) Can anyone recommend a Good Mobile broadband package?

None (in my experience) are really fast enough for quality streaming. You'll find them buffering the data for most of the time.

3) Does anyone know how this would use up GB download limits from a Broad Band supplier as I am not actually downloading anything.

You are downloading data from the host server to your computer. These services (much the same as BBC iPlayer) will eat up your data allowance pretty quick. Just because you're not saving them to your computer doesn't mean you're not downloading data!

Thanks for your help:confused:

If you've got a good, fast reliable connection at home (that doesn't keep buffering iPlayer) then you could use them there. As mobile broadband is reliant on the signal quality this is a no-starter for doing karaoke at different venues as, if you turn up with just a dongle, there's no guarantee of a signal and you could be stuffed!

Good application in theory but, I'm afraid, the reality is very different.