PDA

View Full Version : New Terms Page

OllieJames
13-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently re-designing my website and one of the things I'm redoing is the terms page. Below are my current terms - are there any you would add, change or take away?

Thanks in advance,
Ollie

------------------------------------

1) Booking Fee/Deposit
The booking is confirmed by a non-refundable booking fee, which is half of the total fee. The booking form is sent to the client within 10 days of contact. This booking fee is taken off the final quote and must be sent to us in the form of a cheque. This fee must be sent to us within 10 days of the booking pack being sent to the clients address along with the signed terms and conditions. If this fee and or the signed terms and conditions are not received within the 10 day time period, the client will be contacted. Failure to reach the client via email, telephone or letter will result in no booking.

2) Payment
The remainder of the quote should be paid at the beginning of the event in cash.

3) Electricity
A minimum of 2 unshared 240volt 13amp mains electricity sockets are required in close proximity to the setup.

4) Space
For a large set up, a minimum of 3.5 metres wide and 2 metres deep is required.

5) Setup Time
We will need approximately 2 hours to get into the venue, setup and sound check. We will need approximately 60 minutes to dismantle and leave the venue.

6) Safety
Should the DJ and/or anyone accompanying the DJ feel unsafe or threatened, or the equipment is being abused by a member of your event, they reserve the right to terminate the disco until the problem has been resolved. Should the issues not suitably be resolved, the DJ reserves the right to immediatley cease the disco with the full balance to be paid by the client.

7) Supervision & Damage
The client should provide adequate supervision over the guests. Any damage caused by a member of the audience to our equipment will be the responsibilty of the client. You will be charged for any damage and we will advise you as soon as the damage occurs.

8) Client Cancellation
Should the client wish to cancel our services, we must be consulted in writing 21 days prior the event. If we are not consulted 21 days before there will be a surcharge of £20.

9) Start Time Delayed
Should the start time of the event be delayed due to restricted access to the venue or any other delay beyond our control, we are not liable for any refunds.

10) Electricity Failure
O.J. Entertainment will not be held liable for any power shortage e.g. power cut.

11) Facilites & Refreshments
The client will supply suitable changing facilites where possible and refreshments for the DJs if they are onsite for over 4 hours.

12) Substitution
The company reserves the right to substitute a similar artiste in the event of the original artiste being unable to appear for any reason. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the company will not be liable for non-fulfilment of the booking contract by the artiste, although every reasonable precaution will be taken.

13) Cheques
All cheques should be made payable to O Needham.

14) Terms
The terms for O.J. Entertainment are liable to change at anytime.

rob1963
13-12-2009, 04:57 PM
They seem to cover all the important stuff, Ollie...although you might want to add something about extra playing time & overtime rates.

However, I think some of your terms could do with a bit of re-wording, especially the first one.

Apart from that, I have a few other observations.

I see you only charge £20 if advised of a cancellation less than 3 weeks before a function. I'd consider increasing that to at LEAST £100. I think you'll find many people (including myself) charge the full fee in those circumstances.

Is your set up time REALLY two hours? I'm just wondering if this will put some people off...especially if the disco has to set up while the room is being turned around.

Number 7 states "You will be charged for any damage and we will advise you as soon as the damage occurs" which I don't really like. What if you aren't aware of the damage until some time later? and what if you can't find the client to tell them as soon as the damage occurs?

Hope this helps.

:)

OllieJames
13-12-2009, 05:03 PM
They seem to cover all the important stuff, Ollie...although you might want to add something about extra playing time & overtime rates.

However, I think some of your terms could do with a bit of re-wording, especially the first one.

Apart from that, I have a few other observations.

I see you only charge £20 if advised of a cancellation less than 3 weeks before a function. I'd consider increasing that to at LEAST £100. I think you'll find many people (including myself) charge the full fee in those circumstances.

Okay fair enough - Take your point! Will charge more than £20.

Is your set up time REALLY two hours? I'm just wondering if this will put some people off...especially if the disco has to set up while the room is being turned around.

The two hours covers getting into the venue, setup, soundcheck, get changed etc. Not just from unpacking to having it up-right. I always give myself more time than I need anyway. Would prefer to do that than end up running out of time.

Number 7 states "You will be charged for any damage and we will advise you as soon as the damage occurs" which I don't really like. What if you aren't aware of the damage until some time later? and what if you can't find the client to tell them as soon as the damage occurs?

Yeah I had thought about that earlier actually, was supposed to change it to something like they will be notified after the event by letter?

Thanks Rob.

rob1963
13-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah I had thought about that earlier actually, was supposed to change it to something like they will be notified after the event by letter?

Why not just change it to something like "We will advise you about any damage as soon as possible"? That way it's a bit more flexible, as you could tell them on the night itself, or write to them about it afterwards.

OllieJames
13-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Why not just change it to something like "We will advise you about any damage as soon as possible"? That way it's a bit more flexible, as you could tell them on the night itself, or write to them about it afterwards.

Okay, thanks Rob!

simonp
15-12-2009, 11:16 PM
I actually agree with Rob re: client cancellation.

My terms are; If the customer cancels within 30 days of the event the full fee is payable.

rob1963
16-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Ollie,

As you've had very little response to this thread, I've taken another look at your terms & there are a few specific things I'd change just to clarify/tighten things up a bit.

In term number two, I'd change "The remainder of the quote..." to "The outstanding balance..."

In term three, I'd change "A minimum of 2 unshared..." to "A minimum of 2 standard unshared..." I'd also add the word "location" after "set up"

In term six, I'd change "by a member of your event" to "by anybody at your event" (as this also covers staff & other people who might be in the room despite not being known to or invited by the client).

Jonny Boy
16-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Ollie

Agree with Rob that they need a little fleshing out: but you're on your way (in my non-expert opinion!)

I must say that composing my T&C was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to write*. My first drafts were very long and scary!

I probably went for over-kill on my T&C (additional items to cover re: sub-contracting and live work for me), but IMO the more specific you are the better, as this leaves less scope for loopholes. Nonetheless, I'd ALSO say get a non-DJ to look over them, in case they become over-complex.

I was fortunate that a Solicitor friend looked over mine in exchange for a steak meal, and I got some very good tips/ideas from one of the NADJ big-wigs on another forum. (Sir Colin of Cook - 'nuff respect).

Ollie, you're welcome to take a gander and cherry pick from mine:
http://www.phataahs.com/conditions
Suggest maybe shaving it down & re-wording to suit your business model better.

(*T&C marginally pipped in complexity by my dissertation! Six months of my life I will never get back. :bang: )

Jonny Boy
16-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Further to my earlier post and being a bit hyper-critical I know, but he's my thoughts on some of your conditions. BTW - I still think you made a good start. (I've not read the others' responses very thoroughly, so forgive any repetition.)

One general thing: the points numbered below are your CONDITIONS, not your terms. TERMS refers to the descriptions used IN the conditions. Often these TERMS are defined at the top of the conditions document

ie
"We, us, our" - OJ Entertainment & accompanying staff
"you, your" - the client entering into a contract with "us"
"service, show" - the contracted disco and supporting services supplied by "us" to "you"

Although, IMO if the conditions are clearly written, one can do without opening with terms as reasonable common sense would prevail, plus the fact when signed the client is saying they both understand AND agree to conditions.

1) Booking Fee/Deposit
The booking is confirmed by a non-refundable booking fee, which is half of the total fee.
Half?!?

3) Electricity
A minimum of 2 unshared 240volt 13amp mains electricity sockets are required in close proximity to the setup.
Do these need to be safe/usable? What will you do if this is not the case?

4) Space
And if not....? Will you use a smaller setup? Will you then discount the price becuase of this?

5) Setup Time
We will need approximately 2 hours to get into the venue, setup and sound check. We will need approximately 60 minutes to dismantle and leave the venue.
Suggest you don't mix "hours" and "minutes" in same condition. Minor thing - me being picky.

6) Safety
Should the DJ and/or anyone accompanying the DJ
..."we?" - if the terms we is defined to include people accompanying you.

feel unsafe or threatened,
.....BY?
or the equipment is being abused by a member of your event,
....slightly strang term... "you or your guests?"
they (WE?) reserve the right to terminate the disco until the problem has been resolved.
Suggest "suspend the disco" - if not resolved you THEN terminate.

Should the issues not suitably be resolved, the DJ reserves the right to immediatley cease the disco with the full balance to be paid by the client.
Suggest "without refund" - They should have already paid balance according to condition #2

8) Client Cancellation
Should the client wish to cancel our services, we must be consulted in writing 21 days prior the event. If we are not consulted 21 days before there will be a surcharge of £20.
SUGGEST "NOTIFIED" rather than consulted.

12) Substitution
.....In the event of unforeseen circumstances the company
Suggest "we" again....plus ARE you a "Company"?
will not be liable for non-fulfilment of the booking contract by the artiste, although every reasonable precaution will be taken.
I don't understand the 2nd part of this.

13) Cheques
Suggest incorporating this into condition #2?

14) Terms
The terms
do you mean "Conditions"??
for O.J. Entertainment are liable to
Suggest "may" rather than "are liable to"... the latter suggests changes happen frequently.
change at anytime.
Suggest you let them know that if this happens they will be informed (if substantially effects their rights/contract). Also what provison do you have if client doesn't understand the T&C?.

Also, (altho' I may have missed it) you do not mention what YOU will do for the client:
eg what will you do if your equipment fails? Do they get a part refund if the lights only fail? what if one bulb blows? will you work additional time if they ask for an extension: do you have to work longer if they ask? - how will this be paid for and at what cost?

Again tho', notwithstanding, you've got a good basis all on your own account: well done Ollie mate.

Spirits High
16-12-2009, 11:05 AM
My terms are; If the customer cancels within 30 days of the event the full fee is payable.

Here's mine:

• You may cancel the contract at any time by notice in writing. You will then be liable to pay us compensation based upon a percentage of the package fee depending upon when the notice is received:
91-120 days - 50%
61 -90 days - 60%
31 - 60 days - 75%
0 - 30 days - 100%

no messing with £20's here :D

rob1963
16-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Here's mine:

• You may cancel the contract at any time by notice in writing. You will then be liable to pay us compensation based upon a percentage of the package fee depending upon when the notice is received:
91-120 days - 50%
61 -90 days - 60%
31 - 60 days - 75%
0 - 30 days - 100%

no messing with £20's here :D

As I like to keep things simple, my terms state that if they cancel at least a month before the function they lose their deposit, and if they cancel less than a month before the function the full fee is payable.

Vectis
16-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Mine are basically cancel over 30 days = forfeit deposit; 30-15 days we'll bill 50% of the balance; 14 days or less we'll bill the balance. Any deposits will be held over against an alternative booking within 2 years subject to renegotiation of price etc. once new details are provided (and availability of course).

I also do the 2-year thing with postponements except if the target date is fully booked we'll treat it as a cancellation.

rob1963
17-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Any deposits will be held over against an alternative booking within 2 years subject to renegotiation of price etc.

I'm the same, except I have no time limit.

Therefore, nobody who cancels has to lose their deposit, as long as they book another disco in the future...which I think is more than fair.

Vectis
17-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm the same, except I have no time limit.

Therefore, nobody who cancels has to lose their deposit, as long as they book another disco in the future...which I think is more than fair.

But I'm not planning to retire anytime soon :p

Almost a moot point anyway; I only have the one "in progress" carry forward deposit.

rob1963
17-12-2009, 12:13 PM
But I'm not planning to retire anytime soon :p

Fair point!

:D

OllieJames
19-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Further to my earlier post and being a bit hyper-critical I know, but he's my thoughts on some of your conditions. BTW - I still think you made a good start. (I've not read the others' responses very thoroughly, so forgive any repetition.)

One general thing: the points numbered below are your CONDITIONS, not your terms. TERMS refers to the descriptions used IN the conditions. Often these TERMS are defined at the top of the conditions document

ie
"We, us, our" - OJ Entertainment & accompanying staff
"you, your" - the client entering into a contract with "us"
"service, show" - the contracted disco and supporting services supplied by "us" to "you"

Could you explain this further? I don't quite understand!

Although, IMO if the conditions are clearly written, one can do without opening with terms as reasonable common sense would prevail, plus the fact when signed the client is saying they both understand AND agree to conditions.

So are you saying that I should actually change the word "Terms" to "Terms & Conditions?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieJames

1) Booking Fee/Deposit
The booking is confirmed by a non-refundable booking fee, which is half of the total fee.
Half?!?
It would seem you disagree with this figure! What would your ideas be towards the booking fee?

3) Electricity
Do these need to be safe/usable? What will you do if this is not the case?
Yes, of course - I will add that into it. Also, what could I do if there wasn't any? :confused:

4) Space
And if not....? Will you use a smaller setup? Will you then discount the price becuase of this?
Yes, a smaller setup would be used, and no - no discount in price - they're buying my time & experience not how much equipment I take.

5) Setup Time
Suggest you don't mix "hours" and "minutes" in same condition. Minor thing - me being picky.
Yep, only just noticed that! Thanks :)

6) Safety
Should the DJ and/or anyone accompanying the DJ
..."we?" - if the terms we is defined to include people accompanying you.

feel unsafe or threatened,
.....BY?
or the equipment is being abused by a member of your event,
....slightly strang term... "you or your guests?"
they (WE?) reserve the right to terminate the disco until the problem has been resolved.
Suggest "suspend the disco" - if not resolved you THEN terminate.

Should the issues not suitably be resolved, the DJ reserves the right to immediatley cease the disco with the full balance to be paid by the client.
Suggest "without refund" - They should have already paid balance according to condition #2
Ah yeah, will change that - thanks

8) Client Cancellation
SUGGEST "NOTIFIED" rather than consulted.
Will do, thanks.

12) Substitution
.....In the event of unforeseen circumstances the company
Suggest "we" again....plus ARE you a "Company"?
will not be liable for non-fulfilment of the booking contract by the artiste, although every reasonable precaution will be taken.
I don't understand the 2nd part of this.
Thought I had changed this point, obviously pasted the older version into MDD! This will be resolved/

13) Cheques
Suggest incorporating this into condition #2?
Cheques are only used for booking fees, so I'll mention this in condition 1.

14) Terms
The terms
do you mean "Conditions"??
for O.J. Entertainment are liable to
Suggest "may" rather than "are liable to"... the latter suggests changes happen frequently.
change at anytime.
Suggest you let them know that if this happens they will be informed (if substantially effects their rights/contract). Also what provison do you have if client doesn't understand the T&C?.
Okay thanks for that - i'll revise this condition.

Also, (altho' I may have missed it) you do not mention what YOU will do for the client:
eg what will you do if your equipment fails? Do they get a part refund if the lights only fail? what if one bulb blows? will you work additional time if they ask for an extension: do you have to work longer if they ask? - how will this be paid for and at what cost?

If equipment fails then I will use the backup equipment which is always set up, this is covered in the FAQs, but I will add this as a 'condition'. I think it's highly unlikely that all lights will fail, as I always carry spare cables, lamps & fuses, so no refund would be issued, unless of course they magically all stop working... Additional time is covered on the prices page, although this is additional time that is arranged prior to the event. I will add a condition regarding the addition of time requested during the event.

Again tho', notwithstanding, you've got a good basis all on your own account: well done Ollie mate.

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it! Could you just run through the difference between "TERMS" & "CONDITIONS" once more please, it's still not very clear to me?

Thanks a lot.

Jonny Boy
19-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey Ollie - a lot of this is IMO stuff - others please feel to wade in! :-)

So are you saying that I should actually change the word "Terms" to "Terms & Conditions?"

Since you raised this I've looked into it further, it seems the 2 words are pretty much synonymous. I may have confused you unduly...

This: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090111211613AAfBpqj suggests to me that "Terms AND Conditions" might be better as we do have to adapt to situations as best we can to still fulfil the contract.

Deposit - It would seem you disagree with this figure! What would your ideas be towards the booking fee?
IMO that depends on the overall fee, maybe not so bad if you charge £100-150 altogether, but at what point does the down-payment become unattractive to the customer?
My average package is (at risk of starting another money thread!) circa £450-600. I ask £100 deposit.

3) Electricity
Also, what could I do if there wasn't any?
IMO You'd have to be reasonable and use you're judgement to assess HOW risky the point are. Liaise with duty manager for alternative points FIRST.

4) Space
Yes, a smaller setup would be used, and no - no discount in price - they're buying my time & experience not how much equipment I take.
I'd agree with that POV for a mobile disco.
But, would it be better to state the min space you need for you most compact show therefore? All extra space is a therefore a bonus towards a more complex show, as you feel appropriate when you set up. (Unless you promise the client "oh yes, that'll be the large show" and then can't fulfil that.)

OllieJames
19-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Hey Ollie - a lot of this is IMO stuff - others please feel to wade in! :-)

Since you raised this I've looked into it further, it seems the 2 words are pretty much synonymous. I may have confused you unduly...

This: http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090111211613AAfBpqj suggests to me that "Terms AND Conditions" might be better as we do have to adapt to situations as best we can to still fulfil the contract.

Deposit - It would seem you disagree with this figure! What would your ideas be towards the booking fee?
IMO that depends on the overall fee, maybe not so bad if you charge £100-150 altogether, but at what point does the down-payment become unattractive to the customer?
My average package is (at risk of starting another money thread!) circa £450-600. I ask £100 deposit.

3) Electricity
Also, what could I do if there wasn't any?
IMO You'd have to be reasonable and use you're judgement to assess HOW risky the point are. Liaise with duty manager for alternative points FIRST.

4) Space
I'd agree with that POV for a mobile disco.
But, would it be better to state the min space you need for you most compact show therefore? All extra space is a therefore a bonus towards a more complex show, as you feel appropriate when you set up. (Unless you promise the client "oh yes, that'll be the large show" and then can't fulfil that.)

Hi Jonny,

Thanks for clearing those points up for me!

Considering my current rates, 50% of the final quote is a reasonable deposit. I totally understand where you're coming from, so I will consider these changes should my prices increase dramatically.

Agreed with you on the area point too, i'll re-write this condition to include a minimum & a maximum set up area?

Thanks!

OllieJames
26-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi all,

I have revised my "Terms & Conditions" page and have the ammended version below. If you have any other tips, advice or changes - please let me know!

Thanks a lot,
Ollie

1) Booking Fee/Deposit
The booking is confirmed by a non-refundable booking fee, in the form of a cheque (made payable to O Needham), of which is agreed between us and you. The booking form is sent to you within 10 days of contact. This booking fee is taken off the final quote and must be sent to us in the form of a cheque. This fee must be sent to us within 10 days of the booking pack being sent to your address along with the signed terms and conditions. If this fee and or the signed terms and conditions are not received within the 10 day time period, you will be contacted. Failure to reach you via email, telephone or letter will result in no booking.

2) Payment
The remainder of the quote should be paid at the beginning of the event in cash.

3) Electricity
A minimum of 2 safe unshared 240volt 13amp mains electricity sockets are required in close proximity to the setup.

4) Space
For a large set up, a minimum of 3.5 metres (12ft) wide and 1.5 metres (5ft) deep is required. If the set up area doesn't meet these requirements a smaller show can be used, of which the minimum space required is 2.5 metres wide and 1.5 metres deep.

5) Setup Time
We ask for two hours to arrive, set up, sound check and where appilicable change attire. We take approximately one hour to dismantle the equipment after the event.

6) Safety
Should we (all O.J. Entertainment staff at the event) feel unsafe or are threatened by a guest at your event, or if the equipment is being abused by a guest at your event, we reserve the right to suspend the disco until the problem has been resolved. Should the issues not suitably be resolved, the we reserve the right to terminate the disco without refund.

7) Supervision & Damage
You should provide adequate supervision over the guests. Any damage caused by a guest of your event to our equipment will be your responsibility. You will be notified and charged for any damage as soon as is possible.

8) Client Cancellation
Should you wish to cancel our services, we must be notified in writing. A cancellation made more than 21 days before the event will incur a surcharge of £50. Any cancellation made 21 days or less before the event will incur a surcharge of £100.

9) Start Time Delayed
Should the start time of the event be delayed due to restricted access to the venue or any other delay beyond our control, we are not liable for any refunds.

10) Electricity Failure
We will not be held liable for any power shortage e.g. power cut.

11) Facilities & Refreshments
You will supply suitable changing facilites if applicable, and refreshments for all our staff if on site for over four hours.

12) Substitution
We reserve the right to substitute a similar artiste in the event of O.J. Entertainment being unable to appear for any reason. In the event of unforeseen circumstances we will not be liable for non-fulfilment of the booking contract by the artiste, although every reasonable precaution will be taken.

13) Conditions
The conditions for O.J. Entertainment may change at anytime.

rob1963
26-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Hi Ollie,

I just have a few ideas for you.

1) Booking Fee/Deposit
The booking is confirmed by a non-refundable booking fee, in the form of a cheque (made payable to O Needham), of which is agreed between us and you. The booking form is sent to you within 10 days of contact. This booking fee is taken off the final quote and must be sent to us in the form of a cheque. This fee must be sent to us within 10 days of the booking pack being sent to your address along with the signed terms and conditions. If this fee and or the signed terms and conditions are not received within the 10 day time period, you will be contacted. Failure to reach you via email, telephone or letter will result in no booking.

I think this is rather confusing & needs to be simplified & shortened.

Assuming you have a fixed booking fee for all functions, you can change "a non-refundable booking fee" to "a non-refundable booking fee of £xx" You can then delete "of which is agreed between us and you."

I'd also delete "The booking form is sent to you within 10 days of contact" partly because I don't think it's necessary to state how soon you send out the paperwork & partly because 10 days seems a long time, and I think people might be put off if they have to wait a couple of weeks (by the time they receive it) for the booking form.

2) Payment

As previously mentioned, I would change "The remainder of the quote" to "The outstanding balance"

3) Electricity
A minimum of 2 safe unshared 240volt 13amp mains electricity sockets are required in close proximity to the setup.

I would change "mains electricity sockets" to "standard power sockets" as I've seen some sockets which are not standard. A normal mains plug will therefore not fit them.

4) Space
For a large set up, a minimum of 3.5 metres (12ft) wide and 1.5 metres (5ft) deep is required. If the set up area doesn't meet these requirements a smaller show can be used, of which the minimum space required is 2.5 metres wide and 1.5 metres deep.

This is a bit long winded. I'd change it to "We usually require a space about 3.5 metres (12ft) wide and 1.5 (5ft) metres deep. Where this is not possible, we may use a smaller show with less equipment."

6) Safety
Should we (all O.J. Entertainment staff at the event) feel unsafe or are threatened by a guest at your event, or if the equipment is being abused by a guest at your event, we reserve the right to suspend the disco until the problem has been resolved. Should the issues not suitably be resolved, the we reserve the right to terminate the disco without refund.

You need to change the phrase "a guest at your event" to "anybody at your event" because at the moment it doesn't cover staff or gatecrashers.

7) Supervision & Damage
You should provide adequate supervision over the guests. Any damage caused by a guest of your event to our equipment will be your responsibility. You will be notified and charged for any damage as soon as is possible.

Again, you need to change "damage caused by a guest of your event" to "damage caused by anybody at your event"

You will supply suitable changing facilites if applicable, and refreshments for all our staff if on site for over four hours.

I've never liked terms demanding refreshments, but yours seem harsher than some others, particularly with the phrase "for all our staff" which makes it sound like you might bring lots of staff, all of whom will need refreshemnts!

I would change "and refreshments for all our staff" to "and light refreshments for our staff"

Hope this helps Ollie.

OllieJames
27-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Hi Ollie,

I just have a few ideas for you.

I think this is rather confusing & needs to be simplified & shortened.

Assuming you have a fixed booking fee for all functions, you can change "a non-refundable booking fee" to "a non-refundable booking fee of £xx" You can then delete "of which is agreed between us and you."

I'd also delete "The booking form is sent to you within 10 days of contact" partly because I don't think it's necessary to state how soon you send out the paperwork & partly because 10 days seems a long time, and I think people might be put off if they have to wait a couple of weeks (by the time they receive it) for the booking form.

As previously mentioned, I would change "The remainder of the quote" to "The outstanding balance"

I would change "mains electricity sockets" to "standard power sockets" as I've seen some sockets which are not standard. A normal mains plug will therefore not fit them.

This is a bit long winded. I'd change it to "We usually require a space about 3.5 metres (12ft) wide and 1.5 (5ft) metres deep. Where this is not possible, we may use a smaller show with less equipment."

You need to change the phrase "a guest at your event" to "anybody at your event" because at the moment it doesn't cover staff or gatecrashers.

Again, you need to change "damage caused by a guest of your event" to "damage caused by anybody at your event"

I've never liked terms demanding refreshments, but yours seem harsher than some others, particularly with the phrase "for all our staff" which makes it sound like you might bring lots of staff, all of whom will need refreshemnts!

I would change "and refreshments for all our staff" to "and light refreshments for our staff"

Hope this helps Ollie.

Exactly the help I was looking for! Thanks a lot for your help Rob. Will change these now and post the updated page here :)

OllieJames
27-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Voila!

Any other adjustments?

Thanks for all your help guys!

1) Booking Fee/Deposit
The booking is confirmed by a non-refundable booking fee of £80 paid by cheque to O Needham. This booking fee is taken off the final quote. This fee must be sent to us within 10 days of you receiving the booking pack along with the signed terms and conditions. If this fee and or the signed terms and conditions are not received within the 10 day time period, you will be contacted. Failure to reach you via email, telephone or letter will result in no booking.

2) Payment
The balance should be paid at the beginning of the event in cash.

3) Electricity
A minimum of 2 safe unshared 240volt 13amp standard power sockets are required in close proximity to the setup.

4) Space
We usually require a space of 3.5 metres (12ft) wide and 1.5 (5ft) metres deep. If this is not possible, a smaller show with less equipment will bs used.

5) Setup Time
We ask for two hours to arrive, set up, sound check and where appilicable change attire. We take approximately one hour to dismantle the equipment after the event.

6) Safety
Should we (all O.J. Entertainment staff at the event) feel unsafe or are threatened by anybody at your event, or if the equipment is being abused by anybody at your event, we reserve the right to suspend the disco until the problem has been resolved. Should the issues not suitably be resolved, we reserve the right to terminate the disco without refund.

7) Supervision & Damage
You should provide adequate supervision over the guests. Any damage caused by anybody at your event to our equipment will be your responsibility. You will be notified and charged for any damage as soon as is possible.

8) Client Cancellation
Should you wish to cancel our services, we must be notified in writing. A cancellation made more than 21 days before the event will incur a surcharge of £50. Any cancellation made 21 days or less before the event will incur a surcharge of £100.

9) Start Time Delayed

10) Electricity Failure

You will supply suitable changing facilites if applicable, and light refreshments for our staff if on site for over four hours.

12) Substitution
We reserve the right to substitute a similar artiste in the event of O.J. Entertainment being unable to appear for any reason. In the event of unforeseen circumstances we will not be liable for non-fulfilment of the booking contract by the artiste, although every reasonable precaution will be taken.

13) Conditions

rob1963
27-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Exactly the help I was looking for! Thanks a lot for your help Rob. Will change these now and post the updated page here :)

Glad to help, Ollie.

Voila!

Any other adjustments?

Thanks for all your help guys!

1) Booking Fee/Deposit
The booking is confirmed by a non-refundable booking fee of £80 paid by cheque to O Needham. This booking fee is taken off the final quote. This fee must be sent to us within 10 days of you receiving the booking pack along with the signed terms and conditions. If this fee and or the signed terms and conditions are not received within the 10 day time period, you will be contacted. Failure to reach you via email, telephone or letter will result in no booking.

2) Payment
The balance should be paid at the beginning of the event in cash.

3) Electricity
A minimum of 2 safe unshared 240volt 13amp standard power sockets are required in close proximity to the setup.

4) Space
We usually require a space of 3.5 metres (12ft) wide and 1.5 (5ft) metres deep. If this is not possible, a smaller show with less equipment will bs used.

5) Setup Time

6) Safety
Should we (all O.J. Entertainment staff at the event) feel unsafe or are threatened by anybody at your event, or if the equipment is being abused by anybody at your event, we reserve the right to suspend the disco until the problem has been resolved. Should the issues not suitably be resolved, we reserve the right to terminate the disco without refund.

7) Supervision & Damage
You should provide adequate supervision over the guests. Any damage caused by anybody at your event to our equipment will be your responsibility. You will be notified and charged for any damage as soon as is possible.

8) Client Cancellation

9) Start Time Delayed

10) Electricity Failure

You will supply suitable changing facilites if applicable, and light refreshments for our staff if on site for over four hours.

12) Substitution

13) Conditions

Much better!

:thumbsup:

Jonny Boy
28-12-2009, 10:37 AM
:claphands:
Well done Ollie - see I told you you'd already broken the back of it!

:D