PDA

View Full Version : Hard drive music--practical uses

CRAZY K
16-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Last night after my Line Dance set ( working on another DJs gear) I played a couple of follow up tracks on my Mini Disc to fill the floor--- 5678, Dance the Night Away etc --all going well but before handing back to the DJ with a full floor I said the killer track now would be Cotton Eyed Joe --could you play it next please--they will LOVE it:D

Its not on this particular Mini Disc I was playing.

DJ reported back--cant find the CD:eek:

What price a Laptop or HD controller;)

CRAZY K

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-12-2009, 11:36 AM
DJ reported back--cant find the CD:eek:

...or perhaps he was fibbing! ;)

servoskull
16-12-2009, 11:49 AM
So, you want some prices on the equipment?

Thanks

DazzyD
16-12-2009, 12:46 PM

I would be more inclined to say I can't find the disc for the Mavericks!! :D :D

So, you want some prices on the equipment?

Thanks

Erm, don't think that's quite what Alan meant! I feel confident he will be quite aware of what things cost in this business!

deltic
16-12-2009, 01:20 PM
priceless in that situation,inclined to think the dj was fibbin.

servoskull
16-12-2009, 01:29 PM
why would he want to fib?

Reluctance to take advice from some one who's doing a great job of keeping the dance floor filled, because of his own stubbornness?

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-12-2009, 01:44 PM
For god's sake stop analysing everything. It was a throwaway comment from someone that knows DJs do that sort of thing if they don't want to play a song.

Excalibur
16-12-2009, 06:29 PM
For god's sake stop analysing everything. It was a throwaway comment from someone that knows DJs do that sort of thing if they don't want to play a song.

What? :eek: :eek: The bounder. The Cad. Disgraceful.

CRAZY K
16-12-2009, 10:50 PM

Erm well after the incidents where the Radio Mike supplied by the DJ broke down after two minutes due to a duff battery--- the temporary replacement hand mike had an 18 inch lead and the EV speakers kept feeding back I will leave you to decide whether it was genuine or not:D

CRAZY K

cosmo1200
03-01-2010, 01:23 PM
priceless.

CRAZY K
03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
priceless.

Total incompetence unfortunately---couldnt arrange a :Censored: up in a brewery type of episode.

Fortunately ultimate professionalism and a good helping of bull :Censored:
got me through.

What was really annoying I drove a very long way up the Motorway fighting snow on the way to do the job which was a specific request following an outstanding Western Event I had provided in the Summer for the client.

I still groan when I think how unprofessional this was---even though I managed to downplay most of the problems created and how the DJs apparently had the Contract with the Hotel for xxxx million years allegedly. :bang:

Motto--dont work with Children, Dogs and certain DJs.

CRAZY K