PDA

View Full Version : new website - go on pick it apart !

Creature
27-12-2009, 05:57 PM
its not finnished and to be honest not sure if im gonna use it - its just an excersise for me to stretch my knowledge further !

http://66.7.221.56/~dejavuro/newsite2010/flash/index.html

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-12-2009, 07:56 PM
If I come across any website with music on it, I won't even entertain looking at it. Horrible and very annoying.

NKR
27-12-2009, 08:10 PM
You will have spider issues using a flash intro and not pick up on keywords which is what you will rely on to get people there from search engines.

Now I sound like I know what I am talking about.

BeerFunk
27-12-2009, 08:26 PM
If I come across any website with music on it, I won't even entertain looking at it. Horrible and very annoying.I completely agree, I'm nearly always listening to music whilst I'm on the internet - any website that decides to intrude over my tunes gets the instant heave-ho!! :)

The only exception might be where there are controls on the page to stop or mute the music.

Creature
27-12-2009, 08:48 PM
must admit im already fed up with the music - luckily there is a turn off button on the page, as i said above am using to stretch my knowledge and not sure if it will ever go live.

a good point about search engines - easily curable by adding default page in front :):)

right now gonna go and remove that tune :)

gaza
27-12-2009, 08:57 PM
You have left the letter E of the end of the word MOBILE

Creature
27-12-2009, 08:57 PM
cheers Gazza will sort and teh music has gona as well :):) altho now it seems to take longer to load up even tho it dont :(

A1DL
27-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Honest opinions...

If the site is intended as a family & friends blog, to be viewed by people whom know you and about your hobbies/activities, for a bit of fun, then it's harmless enough.

However, if it is intended to be a commercial site to support and develop a disco business, then it is a ridiculously poor attempt at such. As a potential client, if I were to bother to wait for the pointless intro to finish and sift through the badly punctuated, mis-spelt trivia, I still would be none the wiser as to the service you offered.

Just my 2p.

discomobiledj
27-12-2009, 09:36 PM
I didn't get past the first page. Did you do it yourself or did you get someone in to do it?

As A1 says, needs alot of work to it, starting with the template.

Creature
27-12-2009, 09:55 PM
its not intended as a comercial site and has never been that - you say hobbies and interests but they are all linked to the disco either by the disco being there, actually raising funds or i'm there as compare/host

i am aware that my spelling *& grammar is pore and have never hidden that fact, and it will take me a while to sort it all out. As I dont see many mistakes untill pointed out I have to rely on others and just hope they are being curtious to someone with a regestered heavy dexlexic problem. even spell checkers dont help a sthey often dont point out errors.

If I continue with this then as stuff is added it should become more clearer, especially if i finish the front main page tio the site.

no it is something I have done it myself & has taken me a few days (but then im not very good at this sort of stuff)

at this stage the link is private and is not vuable to those i dont post the link to.

as for the intro just press the skip button ( have pencelled several intros out and this is just 1 of them - funnily enough the simplest.

as i have to learn as i go its gonna take a long time - my current site was writen notepad and is all i know. but i feel it needs changeing - this mucking around is totally diff from what is currently live.

Charlie Brown
28-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Didn't even bother reading it.

Horrible and not even disco related.