PDA

View Full Version : I open my site to the lions

Daryll
28-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Bit of a revamp , and yes there is a prices page , and no ,its not what's being judged :p

the gallery is a stop gap , until I can find a decent PHP/Mysql script.
there is still a few images that need watermarking

Daryll

Leicester Ben
28-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Just had a quick look now and noticed a couple of obvious things:

1: The banner at the top is too big, it needs to be shorthened in height.
2: The links would look better at the left hand side of the page - not where the text should be.

Richie
28-12-2009, 12:30 PM
If you are going to use a flash navigation, use a site map with text links as well for the search engines to get around your site :)

This also helps for people without flash installed (Iphone etc)

rob1963
28-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi Daryll,

I have a few observations on the general look of the site rather than the actual text.

Firstly, I agree with Ben that the banner at the top of your home page is too big. It's also very hard to see your disco name through it (or is that just meant to be a watermark?). In addition, I think the banner photo would be better if it showed people dancing rather than just a number of girls standing & smiling at the camera.

The terms & conditions page needs a banner or at least some kind of heading at the top.

If you click on the booking button, you are taken to a form called "booking/enquiry form". However, if you click on the booking form link on your enquiry page, exactly the same form comes up, although this time it is called a "contact form". If it's the same form, I think it needs the same name, regardless of where the link to it is.

Hope this helps.

:)

Shakermaker Promotions
28-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi mate,

If I were you, I would wait until you have a decent Uplighting photo. The first one you have doesn't really show them to good effect and people wanting to go for Uplighting may well change their minds?

Daryll
28-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Thankd for the input guys :D
On the index page it is a photo and not a banner , I`ll exchange it with a dancing pic
I`ll address the other suggestions tonight.

Daryll

Daryll
28-12-2009, 03:30 PM
OK.

I have exchanged the index pic for a banner.

Remover the flash menu , and put a DHTML menu in its place ( is that better for the search engines?)

Booking/enquiry form sorted , links amended

were getting there

:D :D

Daryll

wensleydale
28-12-2009, 03:41 PM
some of the pics arent great- ie the banner on the prices page-why not create a decent logo banner and use on each page, or just remove some of the pics completely.

Daryll
28-12-2009, 03:53 PM
some of the pics arent great- ie the banner on the prices page-why not create a decent logo banner and use on each page, or just remove some of the pics completely.

I dont know how to create a good banner/logo

CRAZY K
28-12-2009, 04:45 PM

Use the existing index ( home) page banner with just your name on it ---until you have got one designed.

That would improve the look.

I think amongst others Marc J or Elite can do this for you---for some Scottish Pound Notes;)

To liven things up I would get some vid clips of events on the site possibly through a You Tube type link.

Works for me.

CRAZY K

wensleydale
28-12-2009, 07:03 PM

Even without making one there have to be some better pics than the one of the empty room on the "prices" page.

Tom
03-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Just had a look.

To me it seems like you are using a , in space of a full stop.

Also I have noticed that sometimes you put Crimson tide disco, then Crimson Tide disco and also Crimson Tide Disco. Would it not be best to put them all as Crimson Tide Disco?

I think the whole website could do with looking over regarding punctuation and grammar. Seems to be be a few mistakes here and there. Nothing major.

Sorry for nit picking. :o

Daryll
03-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I will be having a close look at everything. :D :D
for the moment I have taken the site down , TBH the site has only generated one booking , so I`ll leave it down for a few weeks , it will make no difference either way

Daryll

discomobiledj
03-01-2010, 03:57 PM
I will be having a close look at everything. :D :D
for the moment I have taken the site down , TBH the site has only generated one booking , so I`ll leave it down for a few weeks , it will make no difference either way

Daryll

Actually it will. You're better leaving the site up, or at least a holding page with your name and a contact form active.

Daryll
03-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Actually it will. You're better leaving the site up, or at least a holding page with your name and a contact form active.

Good point , I`ll put up a holding page , thanks

Daryll

all done :) :)