PDA

View Full Version : Numark DDS and D2- whats different

wensleydale
05-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Apart from the colour screen are there any other major differences between the D2 and the DDS (the DDS without the tray and HD).

Thanks

R

rob1963
05-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Apart from the colour screen are there any other major differences between the D2 and the DDS (the DDS without the tray and HD).

Thanks

R

No Rich,

Apart from the colour screen, the only other difference is that a couple of the illuminated buttons are a different colour. They're white on the D2 & blue on the DDS.

That's it.

I'm 99% sure there are no other differences at all - major or otherwise.

deltic
06-01-2010, 04:55 AM
the font is smaller on the dds,but easier to read.

DJ Jules
06-01-2010, 06:53 AM
No Rich,

Apart from the colour screen, the only other difference is that a couple of the illuminated buttons are a different colour. They're white on the D2 & blue on the DDS.

That's it.

I'm 99% sure there are no other differences at all - major or otherwise.

I would have thought that under the hood there would be a better processor and more memory making it quicker to respond, but functionality wise, I think you're right. Did the D2 have the graphical track overview thingy?

Julian

deltic
06-01-2010, 07:16 AM
I would have thought that under the hood there would be a better processor and more memory making it quicker to respond, but functionality wise, I think you're right. Did the D2 have the graphical track overview thingy?

Julian

yes when you build the full library

Excalibur
06-01-2010, 08:12 AM

Julian

Err, that would happen in the world of the user. In the world of the men in suits, it's same old same old. :( :(

OllieJames
06-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I would imagine Spin Mobile Disco (Matt) would know, as he's got the DDS & the D2.

deltic
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I would imagine Spin Mobile Disco (Matt) would know, as he's got the DDS & the D2.

i have both as well don't use either since the pioneer mep came along

spin mobile disco
18-01-2010, 06:47 PM
The DDS had a better sound to noise ratio than the d2 mark 1. It is easier to read and has a more current firmware update.
The screen is also slightly smaller than the D2 but it can be viewed at a better angle.
Tried a Pioneer mep with the 7000 cd decks combo and although nice it wasnt really anything different than the D2 or the dennon. Other than you can use Karaoke disk (which I dont use anyway) I didnt see the poiint in changing from what I have.