PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some critique...

CCDJ
10-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Ok, ive just finished out new site. All done in dreamweaver, no stupid flash, just wanted somewthing simple really. Got a few bits to finish up but wanted some general comments...

http://www.ccdj.co.uk

Cheers

Penfold42
10-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Not bad. :)

Prices coming soon? :confused: Would either put them up or leave them out. IMO
Gallery - I can't scoll through the pictures....or is it me. Top line does what my son does when he takes photos - misses the top half and I cant seem to get to the ones below...:)

Excalibur
10-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Not bad. :)

Prices coming soon? :confused: Would either put them up or leave them out. IMO
Gallery - I can't scoll through the pictures....or is it me. Top line does what my son does when he takes photos - misses the top half and I cant seem to get to the ones below...:)

It's you. Download Postcard viewer, and it's a doddle.

Charlie Brown
10-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Not bad at all....I don't like the "factory" part though. I don't really understand that....

rob1963
10-01-2010, 12:59 PM
I don't like the "factory" part though. I don't really understand that....

I completely agree with Charlie. As far as I know, a factory is a place where a product is made, but mobile disco operators provide a SERVICE, not a product. I'd definately lose the factory part, unless you're making little plastic dolls of DJs, of course.

The heading on the home page says "C & C DJ Factory", a few lines down it uses the phrase "CCDJ's mobile disco" and further down still it talks about "Mobile DJs". All rather confusing if you ask me.

At the bottom of the home page, I'd space the phone numbers as xxxxx xxx xxx, because eleven numbers without a space could easily be dialled or written down incorrectly.

Moving to the gallery page, on the first gallery only about 10 of the 25 photos seem to have the disco lighting on. In the other photos, the room's normal lights seems to be on & there's no disco lighting at all. Personally, I'd lose these photos.

As someone has already mentioned, in the second gallery most of the pics can't be viewed, as they are cut off, and the scroll feature doesn't work, so you can't move down the missing pics to view them.

On the prices page, I'd either get your prices on there pretty sharpish or remove this page completely, as people don't like blank pages with "under construction" or "coming soon" type messages. I certainly don't!

On the contact page, I'd turn your email address into an actual link, add a simple contact form and space the mobile phone numbers as xxxxx xxx xxx. If possible, the addition of a landline number would also be good.

Hope this helps.

:)

CCDJ
10-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Not bad at all....I don't like the "factory" part though. I don't really understand that....

Thats because youre 16...its a play on the name of the group C + C Music Factory who were big up to the early 90s...:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2BC_Music_Factory

Those querying the gallery, you use the arrow keys to navigate it...im gonna recode it though so they all fit on the same page....

Rob, some valid points which i will take on board...I want to do a contact page but not sure how to, anyone got some code i can just paste in?

Just made a couple of amendments....better?

rob1963
10-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Rob, some valid points which i will take on board.

Glad to be of help.

:)

Charlie Brown
10-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Thats because youre 16...

Most of the time, I don't even know why I bother.

Rob, who certainly isn't 16, didn't understand either? :confused:

I don't even think people could take you seriously.

On the phone..."Good afternoon C + C DJ Factory, how may I help?"

:confused:

CCDJ
10-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Well, unfortunately we are established under that name and were not changing now. Plus, this is a side thing for us, we both have full time well paid jobs so were not too fussed if people dont understand the name. Im pretty sure the actual DJing side of things is more important...

Also, I wasnt being funny...I merely meant, you are too young to know who C + C music factory are and to understand the name...anyway, the name is staying, we have t-shirts, banners, flyers, car stickers all in that name, and have successfully been operating no for almost 2 years with regular work....

Anyway, back to the actual site, has anyone got the html for a contact page? thanks...

Marc J
11-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Lose the frames - it's not good for SEO.

This means you won't be able to piggy-back as a subdomain off of phuzion.co.uk but if you take your business half as seriously as you say you do then surely the cost of it's own quality hosting is a drop in the ocean....the price of a few car stickers?

Needs a contact form. See: -

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6041
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24034

christoph
11-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeah what a crap name. I've always said that. And the amount of calls we get asking if we make DJs in our factory really is getting annoying. Still I guess now we've had the four car stickers made we are stuck with it.........

PMSL!

The names great, anyone over 25 (who are our target market) always comment on it. Plus when we answer the phone we just say 'hello DJ factory'. Our rig is quite industrial looking, folded horn bins and scanners on trusslite. All the black and chrome looks good with the name. Actually it is slowly morphing into just DJ factory as thats what venue managers are telling people we are called when recomending us.

AND I'll take 'factory' over 'roadshow' or 'disco' anyday. Especially when its written in massooovveee letters on the deck frontage. Welcome to the future of 1989.....

Oh and Craig, I'll email you a copy of the contract to stick up on there if you haven't got one on your PC.

Honestly, if you want a job doing right...............

Danno13
11-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Also, I wasnt being funny...I merely meant, you are too young to know who C + C music factory are and to understand the name...anyway, the name is staying, we have t-shirts, banners, flyers, car stickers all in that name, and have successfully been operating no for almost 2 years with regular work....

What a silly thing to say. Do you not know any music released before you were born then? If so, I reckon you might have chosen the wrong job :D

rob1963
11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
AND I'll take 'factory' over 'roadshow' or 'disco' anyday.

What about over 'entertainment'?

:D

CCDJ
11-01-2010, 03:08 PM
What a silly thing to say. Do you not know any music released before you were born then? If so, I reckon you might have chosen the wrong job :D

Im not the one failing to see the connection though. If he knew who C + C music factory was, surely he wouldnt had commented in such a manner...

If you created a DJ business, and your name was Mike Ammy, then you called said business Mike-Ammi Sound Machine...I would instantly see where the name was derived, and not just call it stupid...:D maybe not the best analogy, but you get my point...

christoph
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
What about over 'entertainment'?

It sounds like you are a stripper......

;) :)

rob1963
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
It sounds like you are a stripper......
;) :)

Not any more ;)

OllieJames
11-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Although it's simple, which in a lot of cases is good - I think it's a tad too boring? I don't think it says enough about your services i.e. what you look like, what your rig looks like, what previous clients say, who YOU are etc. I mean, that's my opinion and I've heard a few people say the clients aren't bothered with what you or the rig looks like, but I disagree.

It's easy to read - definitely, just could do with some improving by some more images/colour.

Hope that helps.

christoph
11-01-2010, 10:59 PM
I defo agree with that. Will be getting some nice rig pics up soon. We've got plenty. Good idea, thanks. :)