PDA

View Full Version : Booking Management System

Corabar Entertainment
10-01-2010, 04:22 PM
As I mentioned elsewhere, I am in the process of completely overhauling our systems.

On my travels, I came across this little program and have been playing with it for a while, and as I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone else, I thought I'd post up a thread:

eWebmin (https://www.ewebmin.com/Default.aspx)

It's a handy little online administrative system and you can set up template forms and emails and even automate the sending of emails at given times.

For multi-ops, it is extremely useful as you can set different access levels for as many users as you want and your DJs can log in to see all the details of their up-coming jobs.

The other good thing about it is, there are different fee levels depending on how many events you want to store during a year, so it's very affordable for everyone.

If you just want to try it out, you can sign up for a '10 events per year' account for free and play with it to your heart's content. You get all of the features, you just can't input more than 10 events.

You can then upgrade at any time if you want to.

It's not perfect, but I am finding it pretty decent... especially for the money. (and no, I'm not on commission!!!)

soundtracker
10-01-2010, 05:00 PM
I use http://www.djeventplanner.com/ which has been an absolute godsend to me.

Steve the DJ
10-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I use http://www.djeventplanner.com/ which has been an absolute godsend to me.

+1

eWebmin can be used as a standalone product or integrates with DJi to give you a complete package, but all of the features of both products are included with DJEP for 1/2 the price.

No brainer for me, DJEP all the way!

Corabar Entertainment
10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
... for 1/2 the price.Well, certainly wouldn't be 1/2 the price for us, but what suits one business doesn't suit another so I thought I post up another alternative that I haven't seen mentioned on here before.

Steve the DJ
10-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Of course, he has changed the pricing since I first joined, I forgot about that. :o

It used to be $99 a year regardless of how many people you employed, then he added a bolt on for those with more than 5 employees, then within the last month or so he has changed it again to monthly fees.

I had the benefit of being an early adopter! Still, as a previous user of DJi and eWebmin I can still say with reasonable authority that DJEP kicks it in the proverbials, even if it is not as cheap as it used to be.

Corabar Entertainment
10-01-2010, 05:38 PM
...as a previous user of DJi and eWebmin I can still say with reasonable authority that DJEP kicks it in the proverbials, even if it is not as cheap as it used to be.I'd be very interested in your expanded views on this.

I did look at DJEP, but didn't much like the 'feel' of the system, but maybe I didn't give it a fair go.

In what way does it 'kick proverbials'?

Steve the DJ
10-01-2010, 06:02 PM
In what way does it 'kick proverbials'?

If you look at the feature lists side by side then they are very similar granted, but for me, despite claiming complete integration between eWebmin and DJi, it never worked properly and I kept losing data, a real issue.

DJEP is an all in one programme with all the data in a single area which means I can manage a booking from enquiry to post event thank you and feedback from one dashboard and most of the tasks I can automate.

Pretty much everything is customisable to suit your own business and the support forum is excellent for one main reason, if you ask for a change or for the software do something new, Troy rights the code and implements it. Done. No faffing about.

Of course your needs are different to mine but I would never go back to eWebmin and/or DJi, in my view they aren't as customisable, responsive to my needs, competitively priced, or secure with my important data all in one place.

I struggled at first finding my way round DJEP but after a couple of weeks I had discovered how to do most of what I needed and more importantly, automated it.

At least you have a free trial of both products.

Corabar Entertainment
10-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks for that. :)

jamesh
10-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Yep have to say another vote for DJ Event Planner here... I really wouldn't be without using mine now - it is a bit of a pain to set up and sort out to begin with but onces it's up and running it really is the best system currently available.

nisfo
10-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Nowt wrong with a planner diary, I've used one a year for 16 years now, only error will be mine and not my computers!!

Diaries dont crash!!

Corabar Entertainment
10-01-2010, 11:07 PM
We're discussing a little bit more than a calendar here though!

Danno13
10-01-2010, 11:12 PM
At the moment I'm using Outlook for contact deatails and my calendar, with mail merges for contracts and I then use Sage for quotes. However, they don't sync together and it's a bit long winded and confusing not having everything in one place.

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of Sage ACT! which should be able to manage all of my client details, bookings etc. albeit with a bit of customisation. Granted, it's not an online solution but will integrate well with my accounts (Sage 50 2008) and also with Outlook, so that all contact details go onto my phone.

I'm sure I can put together a web interface or two for client requests etc. which I can get to sync with the ACT! database using some email rules possibly .... :richie:

jamesh
11-01-2010, 12:18 AM
I used to use act log ago for another business i was involved with dan and it is a great system as everything is all in one place and all links in nicely from creating quotes through to being able to phone people / email people at the click of a button and it's all recorded in the history of that client...

The big downside is the lack of being online... DJEP doesn't go into as much detail as Act! but it's handy being able to log in from anywhere with an internet connection and event through my mobile phone browser if i really need to.

Steve the DJ
11-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Nowt wrong with a planner diary, I've used one a year for 16 years now, only error will be mine and not my computers!!

Diaries dont crash!!

Every single bit of information you put into DJEP can be downloaded in various formats for back up, something everyone should do regularly although annoyingly it is one of the few things you can't automate.

I guess if there is one potential downside to DJEP vs eWebmin it is that Troy (owner of DJEP) is a one man band whereas eWebmin has a bigger team.

I'm not really sure what we would all do if he went "bang". :eek:

Spirits High
24-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Just to throw in my 2p's worth I've been playing with the free trial DJ event planner for the last couple of days and like a few have said it's a bit complicated to start. But, I've even got my head round it now so it can't be that tricky :D

Troy (owner of DJEP) has been mentioned earlier on has been superb. He emailed with links to custom pages he'd done in the colours , font etc of my site including logo and I hadn't asked for that :eek: Now that's what I call service, a few more days playing and I think I'll be signing up ;)

Rowleys
24-03-2010, 04:25 PM
i no something a lot cheaper and 100% how you want it

now make a bid for what you want on your website.

EG

booking forum
user login for music request
admin login to edit anything and sort booking out ..

You think of it and a coder out there will be able to do it.

i got for like £30 a coder to do my booking for where users can fill out a online booking forum and pay then deposit by paypal saying all time and postage.
user can login to view booking for and edit song's

all new booking forum email me so i can print out and send then to the user as well so they can print off

welby
25-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Here'e another one to look at:

http://www.checkfront.com/

FREE for small businesses.

and here (Commercial @ $99 per year)

http://www.djintelligence.com

Alex
26-03-2010, 03:35 AM
Ok...

Been reading this thread with GREAT interest.... and can honestly say that in my opinion... DJevent Planner... all the way!!

I tried checkfront, but it was too simple for me... it wasn't customer interface friendly either.

DjEvent Planner has everything! I love it.... so much so, I've actually got 2 of my mates to start using it! :)