PDA

View Full Version : Database - Quick Question.

Shakermaker Promotions
21-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi all,

How easy would it be to add a database of my music collection on to my website with a search facility?

I would like to add an extra so that customers can actually pick and choose (should they wish to) music in advance or see the kind of music that I have.

Any help or advice would be great.
Thanks
G

Corabar Entertainment
21-01-2010, 11:29 AM
If you don't mind paying out for DJ Intelligence or DJ Event Planner, then it would be extremely easy (assuming you already have a database of music to upload!)

Vectis
21-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Again, assuming you have for example a spreadsheet list already, a decent free option would be to publish to Google Docs and grant read-only permission to anyone.

I tried this once, and spent SO much time keeping it fresh that it became a nightmare. Looking at weblogs over a 3 month period showed it got very few hits in relation to other parts of my site, so I relegated it to an "updated every 6 months" PDF. If folks want to search, use CTRL-F :p

Nowadays I generally tell folks that if it's available on iTunes, they can have it. Let someone else have the nightmare :) Requests via my website are now just free text.

Shakermaker Promotions
21-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys. It seems like a whole lot of bother to be honest with you. I thought about it as I imagined that it may be some help but I think I'll stick to telling them what I already tell them (what VV has just said above).