PDA

View Full Version : Contract lease Vans / transport

Spirits High
31-01-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm weighing up the pros and cons of contract lease for a new vehicle.

Anybody do Contract lease of a van at the moment?

My current vehicle (Audi A4 Avant) is on contract lease and due to be returned to the lease company in July. After this time I'll have no business transport so hence why I'm looking at things now ;)

Now there's a few ways of going. Another A4 is a possibility but they're priced a little too high now as the new model is in. but in it's favour is that it can be used for client meetings and gigs

Get a van on finance lease. I''ve found this deal which I think is a good one. Initial payment of £1200 then £259 pm for 47 months. At the end of the 47 months you own the van and can do what you like with it. now it's probably me being a snob but I wouldn't use it for client meetings so would need a car aswell.

http://www.thevanwarehouse.com/renaultvanleasing.php

Expenses wise 100% van costs (less VAT) could be reclaimed and if it was car "derived" transport then 75% as I do at the moment.

In a real quandary as I know "business" wise what's the best to do but inside I'm thinking a nice new sports car :eek: :eek:

Any pointers would be great

NKR
31-01-2010, 08:59 AM
My current vehicle (Audi A4 Avant) is on contract lease and due to be returned to the lease company in July. After this time I'll have no business transport so hence why I'm looking at things now ;)

Now there's a few ways of going. Another A4 is a possibility but they're priced a little too high now as the new model is in. but in it's favour is that it can be used for client meetings and gigs

The contract lease on my A4 Avant is very high (but then my company pays it - day job). However, its worth noting that it is nothing like the last generation of A4. I had the last one and liked it at the time. The new one makes it feel like a dirty uncultured tractor, there is no comparison.

The chasis has been sharpened to the point that the new A4 feels skitish when you get into it as I was used to the old model, which although not lumbering wasn't nimble. The engines are the new generation of 2.0TDi units and the 140bhp unit is a dream to drive.

Internally the audi infotainment system is excellent and having an SD card slot for you music is great, especially now I am ripping all my CD's.

Its not the biggest estate model, but a big roof box means we can go on holiday in easy without stacking stuff above head height in the rear, although it has a retractable catch net which fixes to the ceiling if you need to.

Good motor and although more expensive once you drive one you will know why.

Excalibur
31-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Paul, get a Van.Surely that will convey the correct image to the customers, if it's new and shiny? A lot better than the latest GT Super Whizzer?

Leicester Ben
01-02-2010, 08:39 AM
vans all the way mate, it gives you the flexibility to do so much more stuff. I went through a time when I could only afford 1 vehicle and chose the van and in no way regret it.

Over time you can have both :)