PDA

View Full Version : So I look at the recently joined members which there suddenly seems a lot

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Dial a Disco.co.uk website dont exsist so are they a disco???? even the liks I did find ie; dialadisco.co.uk led nowhere. So this leads me to the fact that we seem to be getting a lot of dud signups to the site or fake disco's????

Maybe they are a valid disco name but me thinks it could be a bogus name

dj_ags
18-06-2006, 06:38 PM
I checked that this morning Badger and found the same :mad:. I agree that we're getting a lot of people sign up for the forum but are not posting anything - just look at the amount of members with 0 posts there are......ALL OF THEM :mad:

+Scooby+
18-06-2006, 06:43 PM
I checked that this morning Badger and found the same :mad:. I agree that we're getting a lot of people sign up for the forum but are not posting anything - just look at the amount of members with 0 posts there are......ALL OF THEM :mad:

Does the Admin check matching IP addresses?

I appreciate these do change if you don’t have a fixed IP but it is a handy tool. :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Does the Admin check matching IP addresses?

We can, yes, but personally I've got better things to do....

It's not against forum rules not to post and as long as they're not spamming or making a nuisance of themselves then no problem.

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2006, 07:38 PM

There are a lot of people who just like to read forums, but don't feel 'brave' enough to post.

We actively encourage people to post, but if they don't want to, there ain't a lot we can do about it.

dj_ags
18-06-2006, 07:42 PM
There are a lot of people who just like to read forums, but don't feel 'brave' enough to post.

We actively encourage people to post, but if they don't want to, there ain't a lot we can do about it.

Well that does come into it i guess. Just as long as they don't spam or make a nuisance of themselves (like you said) then thats fine.

That was possibly a hypocritical comment from me considering i have signed up on a few forums but have yet to post anything :embarasse :teeth:

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 09:24 PM
I see one already banned so admin are doing there job but what do mobile phone suppliers have to do with disco's intending on supplying us with disco ringtones????

reemicks disco
18-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Dial a Disco.co.uk website dont exsist so are they a disco???? even the liks I did find ie; dialadisco.co.uk led nowhere. So this leads me to the fact that we seem to be getting a lot of dud signups to the site or fake disco's????

Maybe they are a valid disco name but me thinks it could be a bogus name

Dial a disco is listed in Yorkshire under, Total Events Mangement Dial a disco, in leeds, So i dont think he is bogus, perhaps he is having trouble with his web site, He is also listed on other sites.

ian8limelight
18-06-2006, 09:30 PM
I see one already banned so admin are doing there job but what do mobile phone suppliers have to do with disco's intending on supplying us with disco ringtones????

Ring My Bell might be appropriate !! :lightbulb :lightbulb :)

dj_ags
18-06-2006, 09:36 PM
I see one already banned so admin are doing there job

I think Wolfie banned Mark02 because he was trying to sell a variety of "non-DJ related" items on here, like mobile phones, sat navigation systems, laptop computers and computer game consoles to name a few! The prices were all very low, eg - £185 for an Xbox 360 Premium Package, which obviously hinted Stolen Gear :omg:

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Dial a disco is listed in Yorkshire under, Total Events Mangement Dial a disco, in leeds, So i dont think he is bogus, perhaps he is having trouble with his web site, He is also listed on other sites.

totally understand reemicks but just seems that we have a lot of Ghost members and Dial a disco although very simular to mine a name wasn't quite ringing true but Total Events Management I do know, prehaps they are about to rename themselves with the new site after seeing mine LOL

OOOOOIIIII copy my lead watchit

Corabar Entertainment
18-06-2006, 09:42 PM
As Darren already said, if someone says/does something they shouldn't be doing, then fine - one of us will do something about it, but you can't ban someone from a forum just because they haven't posted :omg:..... nor (IMHO) should we ever consider going down such a heavy-handed route :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Have a disco
18-06-2006, 10:30 PM
So Mr Taxman is a regular poster yes?? hes registered as well under a pseudoname as well?? does he do many disco's No??? my point has now been voiced. this is a site for DJ's & Disco's or trade related sites I would presume, not an 8 year old whom wishes to play games struth would be nice If checks were slightly more thorough. Im with a few other sites admitedly I post on an Irregular basis but I still watch and post??? if out of curtosy

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2006, 10:58 PM
So Mr Taxman is a regular poster yes?? hes registered as well under a pseudoname as well?? does he do many disco's No??? my point has now been voiced. this is a site for DJ's & Disco's or trade related sites I would presume, not an 8 year old whom wishes to play games struth would be nice If checks were slightly more thorough. Im with a few other sites admitedly I post on an Irregular basis but I still watch and post??? if out of curtosy

And what checks would you suggest then Wabbit?

For god's sake this is an internet forum....

Shaun
18-06-2006, 11:08 PM
I fail to see what the big deal is. If people join up and don't want to post then so be it. By not getting involved they miss out on the networking possibilities and the community aspect of the site. Entirely their choice.

I see no need for "checks" and action unless they have breached any of the forum rules.

Corabar Entertainment
18-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Got it in one, Shaun! :teeth:

BeerFunk
18-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Some people have too much time on their hands if they are watching things like how many newcomers are posting...

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Here here to Elite, Corabar and Beerfunk.

Mmmmmmm beer....

Corabar Entertainment
18-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Wot! You mean you haven't had any yet! :omg:

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Wot! You mean you haven't had any yet! :omg:

Did I say that? :beer: :) :beer:

(just watching a documentry about Britains fattest man - and no it's not me...... :teeth: )

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 12:03 AM
Did I say that? :beer: :) :beer: You had me worried for a minute then..... I thought you were slipping! :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 12:17 AM
You had me worried for a minute then..... I thought you were slipping! :teeth:

No way!!!!!!!! :beer:

Paul James Promotions
19-06-2006, 02:44 AM
I'd have a guess and say that some of the new registrations are attempts to re-join by a recently banned member....

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I'd have a guess and say that some of the new registrations are attempts to re-join by a recently banned member....
& once any of them step out of line, they will be banned same as anyone else who blatantly breaks forum rules.

Badger, you really need to get some more advertising, so you can get some more work. Way too much time on your hands!

Have a disco
19-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Never disagree with that

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 04:24 PM
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Have a disco
19-06-2006, 04:52 PM
A simple check on their website if they have one would be good or a reference or telephone number should suffice. Most record labels demand these as standard

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 05:00 PM
.... But we're an internet forum, not a record label handing out promos!

Many DJs don't have a website, and none of the admin volunteers have the time to be telephoning around to check if someone is a DJ or not.

In any event, I really don't understand your problem! It isn't against the rules for someone who is not a DJ to register, and just because someone doesn't post it doesn't mean that they are 'phoney'. If someone actually does something wrong, then we can take action (moderate people, ban people (as last resort) etc).

Quite frankly, I think that this thread would put any Newbie off posting on this forum.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 05:05 PM
.... But we're an internet forum, not a record label handing out promos!

Many DJs don't have a website, and none of the admin volunteers have the time to be telephoning around to check if someone is a DJ or not.

In any event, I really don't understand your problem! It isn't against the rules for someone who is not a DJ to register, and just because someone doesn't post it doesn't mean that they are 'phoney'. If someone actually does something wrong, then we can take action (moderate people, ban people (as last resort) etc).

Quite frankly, I think that this thread would put any Newbie off posting on this forum.

Here here! :beer: :)

Shaun
19-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Badger, why are you so adament about this?. Is it really such a problem?. How is this affecting you so personally that you have such strong opinions on this?.

Nowhere did I read in the forum guidlines anything about it being a neccesity that members need to be dj's or in the business in any shape or form. What does it matter if Joe public visits and posts?. The more people the merrier in my opinion. In fact it would be a good thing...it would show the public that we are serious about the profession we're in.

No offense intended badger, but I have no idea where you're coming from on this subject matter.

I'm interested in understanding why you feel this way.

Shaun
19-06-2006, 05:51 PM

I think you're absolutely right.

Alex - Cream Ents
19-06-2006, 08:35 PM
It does give a bit of a gestapo feel...As long as no-one is breaking any forum rules there isn't a problem surely?

I quite often view a thread and not post, as on some occasions I have nothing to add that has not already been said. Lets keep it friendly and easy going eh!

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 08:43 PM
It does give a bit of a gestapo feel...As long as no-one is breaking any forum rules there isn't a problem surely?

I quite often view a thread and not post, as on some occasions I have nothing to add that has not already been said. Lets keep it friendly and easy going eh!

Absolutely - I'm glad we mostly all agree on this. :)

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Agreed!

From all of the posts on this thread, it's clear that no-one agrees with Badger's view. (Sorry Badger, you're on your own! :) )

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Agreed!

From all of the posts on this thread, it's clear that no-one agrees with Badger's view. (Sorry Badger, you're on your own! :) )

Nothing new there then... :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Have a disco
19-06-2006, 10:26 PM
GEE was ONLY A Suggestion especially if it looked dodgy enuff to check it

Would you just like to all Gang up on me and beat the living daylights out of me for it

I am a Small operator compare to most of you but sometimes YOU bigger operators overlook the OBVIOUS solution a RANDOM check hence my obvious request for a MINOR clampdown or beefing up of checks too many GHOST Members exsist and never fully integrate with the site due to say sibling rivalry of other sites etc etc

I AM NOT saying a complete clamp down just to be MORE AWARE

Hate to say this ADMINISTRATORS can be there own worst critics amongst themselves I am independant enough to know an outside view

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 10:39 PM
But nobody has actually broken any rules have they? Unless you know something the rest of us don't.

Quite frankly (& this is a purely personal opinion) I wish you would take a leaf out of their books sometimes!

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 10:50 PM

Would you just like to all Gang up on me and beat the living daylights out of me for it

I am a Small operator compare to most of you but sometimes YOU bigger operators overlook the OBVIOUS solution a RANDOM check hence my obvious request for a MINOR clampdown or beefing up of checks too many GHOST Members exsist and never fully integrate with the site due to say sibling rivalry of other sites etc etc

Hate to say this ADMINISTRATORS can be there own worst critics amongst themselves I am independant enough to know an outside view

I know you have the right intentions, but you don't half post rubbish sometimes.

What has being a large or small operator got to do with anything?

We are very aware of what goes on in this forum. We know who is just watching and not posting, and I regularly check IP addresses to make sure people aren't registering under false names etc, just to make trouble.

Because we don't talk about this kind of stuff, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, abeit not on a regualr basis. In fact I had a converation this afternoon with Angela and Steve about this very thing.

Stop worrying about how we help run the site, and just enjoy it.

Corabar Steve
19-06-2006, 10:55 PM
I know you have the right intentions, but you don't half post rubbish sometimes.

What has being a large or small operator got to do with anything?

We are very aware of what goes on in this forum. We know who is just watching and not posting, and I regularly check IP addresses to make sure people aren't registering under false names etc, just to make trouble.

Stop worrying about how we help run the site, and just enjoy it.
To quote another moderator.......

Seconded

Because we don't talk about this kind of stuff, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, abeit not on a regualr basis. In fact I had a converation this afternoon with Angela and Steve about this very thing. But as we're bigger opperators we did it via conference call :teeth:

reemicks disco
19-06-2006, 10:56 PM

I have just spent another 3 hours checking and updating the PLI & PAT sites, also the MDD, in the top ten new members, two have been banned for spam, the mods and admins on this site all work hard on here and elsewhere on the site, I really dont think it matters about posting, and yes there some funny new members with disco names like LA, but as everyone has said they have broken no rules. :teeth:

Have a disco
19-06-2006, 10:56 PM
trying too... now can the others post and some people just disappear as we may make posts & not feel like were always abut to be pounced on every 5 seconds always feel Im about to be BIG Brothered. would like to speak to newer members rather than top 5 all the time making comment Nothing personal

Corabar Entertainment
19-06-2006, 10:59 PM
We would all like new members to post - no-one has ever disagreed with that

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-06-2006, 11:00 PM
trying too... now can the others post and some people just disappear as we may make posts & not feel like were always abut to be pounced on every 5 seconds always feel Im about to be BIG Brothered. would like to speak to newer members rather than top 5 all the time making comment Nothing personal

And if you didn't make such stupid comments then no-one would 'pounce' on you.

So, you want us to check out members who aren't posting and get rid of them, but you don't want us to post on the site or moderate when we have to.

Slightly hypercritical I would have thought...

Dial a disco.co.uk
21-06-2006, 09:56 PM
not a non replying member. have had problems with uploading the web site, but if you had checked you would have seen that the web site was registered to me.

Have just started out. I can appreciate that you must get a lot of people joining and going but im not going anywhere.

My name is Adam by the way

Corabar Entertainment
21-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Hello Adam and welcome to the forum.

As I think Ian has already said, why not start a thread in the Newbies section and introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself so that we can all welcome you properly?

Corabar Steve
21-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Hi Adam, take no notice of old Stripey :teeth:

reemicks disco
21-06-2006, 10:27 PM

Think i was right then :teeth:
no i am not a admin just cant remove it :)

colinm345
22-06-2006, 07:03 AM
I think you're absolutely right.

I also agree ,we should be encouraging ,and not the other way round

soundtracker
22-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Well said young Colin!

colinm345
22-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Well said young Colin!

Thanks Pete

I try my best ,but at some times it can be somewhat trying lol:)

BTW I like the word young

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 08:40 AM
I also agree ,we should be encouraging ,and not the other way round
100% agree! :)

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 09:07 AM
BTW I like the word young

colinm345
22-06-2006, 09:08 AM

Oi enough of that :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 09:16 AM
:teeth: What? :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 09:20 AM
:teeth: What? :teeth:

The Jimmy Young business,I just happen to be good looking:teeth:

Wolfie
22-06-2006, 09:26 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1600000/images/_1602705_victorbbc300.jpg

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 09:30 AM
The Jimmy Young business,I just happen to be good looking
....http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1600000/images/_1602705_victorbbc300.jpg
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :note2: :note: I'm to sexy for my shirt:note2: :note:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 09:43 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1600000/images/_1602705_victorbbc300.jpg

:omg: Wolfie I look nothing like that and Angela you have never seen me:teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 09:45 AM
:note2: :note: I'm to sexy for my shirt:note2: :note:

Angela you have never seen me,and Wolfie I look nothing like that you may need some new glasses is it just a figment of your imagination?:teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 09:46 AM
I know I have never seen you, but Wolfie has always told us you look like Victor Meldrew! :teeth: :D :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 09:49 AM
I know I have never seen you, but Wolfie has always told us you look like Victor Meldrew! :teeth: :D :teeth:

PMSL ,I just dont believe it,Take no notice of Wolfie

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Moi??? :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Moi??? :teeth:

:omg: Now dont you start :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 09:54 AM
.....I just dont believe it......LOL!!! :) :teeth: :)
:zip: :zip: :zip:

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 09:54 AM
:omg: Now dont you start :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
As if I would?

colinm345
22-06-2006, 09:55 AM
LOL!!! :) :teeth: :)
:zip: :zip: :zip:

PMSL

Wolfie
22-06-2006, 11:22 AM
actually...

this is what Colin looks like..

http://www.galeforcekaraoke.co.uk/assets/images/db_images/db_IM0007851.jpg

make your own mind up.. but to me for lookalikes it's a toss up between

http://pelmke.de/media/web/babylon/wallace_gromit.jpg
(the one on the left by the way)

or

http://onefootinthegrave.bravehost.com/myPictures/Victor+Meldrew.JPG

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Definately the bottom one, if I could see it! :teeth:

Sorry Colin you do look like Richard Wilson! :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 11:58 AM
And could this be Steve?:teeth:

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 12:04 PM
How dare you!!!!!

I haven't got curly hair!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth: :angry: :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 12:05 PM
How dare you!!!!!

I haven't got curly hair!!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth: :angry: :teeth:

But I bet it was a good guess:teeth:

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Could be what might happen if you tried to mix my DNA with that of Art Garfunkel though

colinm345
22-06-2006, 12:07 PM
And here is Wolfie ,in a few years time

No correction he is not that far off now:teeth:

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Nah, too good looking! :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Seems like everyone has got to much time on their hands

As they say the Devil makes work for idle hands:teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Nah, too good looking! :teeth:

Were you referring to you or Wolfie

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Were you referring to you or Wolfie
The bloke in the photo actually :teeth:
Seems like everyone has got to much time on their hands

As they say the Devil makes work for idle hands:teeth:
I hope you're not starting on religion? :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Or calling me a satanist! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 12:28 PM
The bloke in the photo actually :teeth:
I hope you're not starting on religion? :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Or calling me a satanist! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

The Bloke in which photo?

Starting on Religion?..............Hell no (Whoops :embarasse ):teeth:

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 01:01 PM
And here is Wolfie ,in a few years time

No correction he is not that far off now:teeth:
That one :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 02:39 PM
That one :teeth:

Ok then ,is he a little more like this

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Ok then ,is he a little more like this
Too much hair! :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Frogs don't have hair :teeth:

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Not the frog, the wolf ! as well you know!

colinm345
22-06-2006, 03:31 PM
:teeth:
Frogs don't have hair :teeth:

Wolfie,s going a bit thin on top anyway,and when he does have his haircut there is not a lot of difference

Discodaz
22-06-2006, 03:49 PM
I just read this thread and thought I'd say I agree with everyone - except Wabbit (sorry Wabbit).

Just in case I get kicked off for not posting. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: .

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 03:57 PM
I just read this thread and thought I'd say I agree with everyone - except Wabbit (sorry Wabbit).

Just in case I get kicked off for not posting. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: .You mean DJ Badger :teeth:

Discodaz
22-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Oh shoot! Now I'm for it! Where's that EDIT button!

colinm345
22-06-2006, 04:56 PM

Just in case I get kicked off for not posting. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: .

Dont agree with Wolfie,or Steve that photo of me was taken in a bad light,thats my story and I am sticking to it:teeth:

Wolfie
22-06-2006, 05:01 PM
nah, i'm more like this (so i'm told) only a little sleaker around the edges......

http://www.gumgod.com/images/davis/davis_july_bubba.jpg

colinm345
22-06-2006, 05:10 PM
nah, i'm more like this (so i'm told) only a little sleaker around the edges......

:omg: Looks like a cross breed between you and Daz:teeth:

soundtracker
22-06-2006, 05:15 PM

Kicked off for not ageeing with him!! If that happenend he'd be on here by himself! :teeth:

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 05:38 PM

I thought it was....

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 05:45 PM
OOOOIIII enuff of the silly comments that Im supposed to be making DUH take a good look at yourselves and hi adam

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 05:51 PM
OOOOIIII enuff of the silly comments that Im supposed to be making DUH take a good look at yourselves and hi adamHe is right though
Kicked off for not ageeing with him!! If that happenend he'd be on here by himself! :teeth:You do have some off the wall opinions sometimes

Wolfie
22-06-2006, 05:54 PM
I thought it was....

I'd have you down as Al Snow more then Mick Foley.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/images/snow.jpg

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 05:58 PM
I'd have you down as Al Snow more then Mick Foley.

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/images/snow.jpg
Where did you get the photo of me & Angela the morning after my birthday bash???

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 06:17 PM
moderators that dont do there job OOOIIII

BACK on TRACK

please moderate when threads drift

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 06:23 PM
I think the actual subject of this thread was done to death & done and dusted some time ago.... I don't think there's any 'track' to get back on, Badger! :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I think the actual subject of this thread was done to death & done and dusted some time ago.... I don't think there's any 'track' to get back on, Badger! :teeth:

Well it is great to see us having some light hearted fun

It has cheered me up no end:teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 06:27 PM
He is right thoughYou do have some off the wall opinions sometimes

Or a copy of The Beano joke book:teeth:

Shaun
22-06-2006, 06:31 PM

BACK on TRACK

Topic drifts do happen.....especially when they have run their course.

If you feel that there's more that can be added that's relevant to the original discussion, then a post that's "back on topic" is sometimes all that's needed to kick-start the original discussion.

soundtracker
22-06-2006, 06:42 PM
and when moderation takes place- its a fascist dictatorship! ****ed if you do etc!

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 06:47 PM

BACK on TRACK

Incase you hadn't noticed, there aren't any Moderators yet!
Well it is great to see us having some light hearted fun

It has cheered me up no end:teeth:I have to say I agree totally with Colin on this one, especially as....
&

and when moderation takes place- its a fascist dictatorship! ****ed if you do etc!the man speaks the truth! Are you a fellow Gemini by any chance :teeth: :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Incase you hadn't noticed, there aren't any Moderators yet!I have to say I agree totally with Colin on this one, especially as....
&
the man speaks the truth! Are you a fellow Gemini by any chance :teeth: :teeth:

Who me or Soundtracker?

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Who me or Soundtracker?
Badger, he's certainly got enough names to go with the multiple personalities! :teeth:

soundtracker
22-06-2006, 07:19 PM
No but the wife is- both of her!!

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 07:20 PM
:teeth:
No but the wife is- both of her!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

soundtracker
22-06-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm a Pisces- y'know shy, insular,retiring, modest!!!

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm a Pisces- y'know shy, insular,retiring, modest!!!
5 second memory :teeth:

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Sooner site moderated the better but have fun whilst it lasts could put people off the site NOT ME before you comment

Im a Earthy Taurean, Fire Horse in chinese

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Sooner site moderated the better but have fun whilst it lasts could put people off the site NOT MR before you comment

There are however 2 admin.

Shaun
22-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Sooner site moderated the better but have fun whilst it lasts could put people off the site NOT MR before you comment

If topics have run their course I see no problem with allowing "off topic" banter till the thread dies a natural death. I can see your point in relatively new threads that are still ongoing and being discussed within the original context, but when the topic has run it's course then theres no harm in a little side-tracking. In my humble little opinion it's the friendly, fun chat and carry on that adds to the 'community' aspect of the site. There's room for both professional discussion and fun too ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-06-2006, 07:52 PM
There are however 2 admin.

This is true and we will be running the site, the way we want to, not the way others think it should be.

That said, I don't mind a bit of off topic, as long as it doesn't detract from the original post too much. :)

soundtracker
22-06-2006, 08:10 PM
5 second memory :teeth:

I'm a Pisces- y'know shy, insular,retiring, modest!!! :teeth:

colinm345
22-06-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm a Pisces- y'know shy, insular,retiring, modest!!! :teeth:

Of course you are Pete,how anyone may have thought otherwise is beyond me

I'm looking for a tongue in cheek smile,but here's an ordinary one instead:)

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 08:19 PM
This is true and we will be running the site, the way we want to, not the way others think it should be.

That said, I don't mind a bit of off topic, as long as it doesn't detract from the original post too much. :)

So we being MDA members for MDA forum members, or in a facist dictatorial style where if we say the wrong thing like on other sites world war III kicks of over paltry things

PS am not complaining so far over laxing on freedom of speech would suggest placing moderators asap just for keeping piece even you guys need sleep

colinm345
22-06-2006, 08:20 PM

As I have said before please give Angela and Daz your support:)

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Give us a flippin' chance Badger!

We aren't sitting here doing nothing, I can promise you and we will come back as soon as we can. Can we please just leave it at that for now?

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 08:28 PM
they have my support fully hence my questions better to ask than sit on ones laurels

colinm345
22-06-2006, 08:38 PM
they have my support fully hence my questions better to ask than sit on ones laurels

fair comment!! but things need time:)