PDA

View Full Version : Just knocked this up tonight + the video..

Charlie Brown
08-02-2010, 11:23 PM
http://weddingdjnottingham.co.uk/

Rip it to shreds...:sofa:

I will remove the vista print branding when I have enough money in my bank. :o

I need to pop the video onto my new site...

YouTube- Wedding Video - Nottingham - Premier DJ.

rob1963
08-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi Charlie,

It looks pretty good to me!

I just have a couple of comments.

Firstly, I think it could do with being a bit shorter.

Secondly, some of the camera work is a bit jerky. Can you borrow a tripod to get some footage with smoother pans?

Apart from that, great job...it shows people enjoying themselves, and that's the important thing!

:thumbsup:

Charlie Brown
08-02-2010, 11:47 PM
I agree Rob! I was getting frustrated watching it back...website all right? I thought it would be decent to pop on a few of those websites you gave me! :)

rob1963
09-02-2010, 12:20 AM
I agree Rob! I was getting frustrated watching it back...website all right? I thought it would be decent to pop on a few of those websites you gave me! :)

Absolutely!

Go for it!

:D

discomobiledj
09-02-2010, 02:08 AM
I found a few things on your site, here goes:

Award winning....

What award did you win? Who was it presented by? Someone could report you if you fall out with them. Protect yourself!

A rough plan.....

I'd change this to "An example..."

Prices:

You've missed out the word hour on the first line! Also not sure on your difficult access charge. Everyones idea of difficult access is different. TBH I wouldn't charge it nor would I book anyone who tried to charge it, but that's me!

T & C's:

you would send out a booking contract, not a quotation if they have confirmed that they want to book you.

What about short term bookings who book two weeks before the event. It can happen. Make sure you cover yourself.

The phone numbers make my eyes go funny looking at them, far to hard to read. Do they need to be hyperlinked? Actually could be because I'm viewing the site on my iPhone.

Apart from that, the site looks good, one last thing but again, just my personal preference, justify the text rather than having it all over the place at the end.

Hope this helps!

Chris1984
09-02-2010, 06:37 AM
video is a good idea as already mentioned a bit long and jerky in places.
Also the sound is distorted in places.
Couple of other things:

3d laser light show - how exactly do you achieve this?

providing fireworks - are you insured to provide them or as i read it outsourced it in which case i would change it to "we organised"

MagicMusic
09-02-2010, 08:20 AM
3 things I noticed off the bat,

1. The white writing over that black patterned background is a bit awkward, I can imagine people having difficulty reading it properly (maybe use a larger font?).

2. I'm not sure people looking for a wedding DJ will be enamoured by your desription of your P.A as a "club sound system". I understand why you would call it that but it might sound a bit over the top for a bride to be.

3. Maybe you'd benefit from making the "what makes us different" section into a page in its own right so that people notice it in the page headings list?

EDIT: There's a couple of other spelling mistakes - Jamie Cullum and Michael Buble :)

rob1963
09-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Charlie,

I've just looked at the website (I only viewed the video before), and have just one thing to add to the previous comments.

One of my pet hates with mobile disco websites is when they have a heading along the lines of "What makes us different" and then go on to list a number of features which also DO apply to most other discos!

Maybe change it to something like "Main benefits of our service"

:)

soundtracker
09-02-2010, 10:20 AM
"leading mobile disco company in
Nottingham & Derby..."

Um...................... Who says!

rob1963
09-02-2010, 10:26 AM
"leading mobile disco company in
Nottingham & Derby..."

Um...................... Who says!

Good point.

I missed that one.

Another of my pet hates!

soundtracker
09-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Good point.

I missed that one.

Another of my pet hates!

Yeah and mine!:)

Vectis
09-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Sorry Charlie but the thread title really does say it all.

soundtracker
09-02-2010, 10:31 AM
"When booking a disco with us, I will be more than happy to visit you free of charge to discuss the details for your event: "

That's lovely Charlie I live on The Isle of Skye!

soundtracker
09-02-2010, 10:34 AM
"92% of brides say that the evening entertainment is one of 3 most important elements of their wedding day."

87.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot.............including that one!

WWDJ
09-02-2010, 10:47 AM
my favourite bit was from 5:48 onwards ....

I'm joking Charlie :D:D:D:D:D:D ... but why is there 3 minutes of blank on the end ?

rob1963
09-02-2010, 10:49 AM

I'm joking Charlie :D:D:D:D:D:D ... but why is there 3 minutes of blank on the end ?

Maybe there was a power cut?

Charlie Brown
09-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Sorry Charlie but the thread title really does say it all.

Fair enough...I tried and doubt I could do a better job. :o

"When booking a disco with us, I will be more than happy to visit you free of charge to discuss the details for your event: "

That's lovely Charlie I live on The Isle of Skye!
Yes, but I will only provide entertainment in the Nottingham and Derby area...I doubt they will live hours away.

"92% of brides say that the evening entertainment is one of 3 most important elements of their wedding day."

Maybe so...hence why I didn't insert them in the new site? :confused: Still, many people will still believe them don't you think? Especially because the survey was based on 500 people brides for a wedding magazine? Maybe I should make this clearer. :)

It's my favourite too ;) I have no idea..it's just how it uploaded too You tube.

wensleydale
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
You have Michael Bubble, Jamie Cullman and Otis Reading.
Try Buble, Cullum, and Redding instead.

The only thing that was missing from that section was "we pride ourself on our musical knowledge".

Plus the comment about people getting married where they live is wrong- traditionally people get married in the brides home town, regardless of where they live now.

Charlie Brown
09-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Thank you...

Any more comments will be really appreciated...harsher the better, because then I can actually do something about it :)

soundtracker
09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Thank you...

Any more comments will be really appreciated...harsher the better, because then I can actually do something about it :)

That's the spirit Charlie!:)

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Thank you...

Charlie

You're rubbish and you've got funny hair :sj: :D :D :D

Charlie Brown
09-02-2010, 11:08 PM
I was waiting for that. ;)

Penfold42
09-02-2010, 11:10 PM
I was waiting for that. ;)

If you were.....do something about it then. :D :D :D :D

Charlie Brown
09-02-2010, 11:13 PM
There is nothing wrong with my hair!

Darren and yourself are just probably very jealous that you don't have....:D :sj:

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-02-2010, 11:16 PM
There is nothing wrong with my hair!

Darren and yourself are just probably very jealous that you don't have....:D :sj:

Watch it Tango boy :handbag:
:D

DazzyD
09-02-2010, 11:16 PM

I know Charlie has provided a source for this statement (and really should include the source, in brackets, after thattcomment on the website) but I still find this hard to believe. I don't think the majority of brides rate the disco as highly as the wedding dress, the cake, the flowers, the ceremony, the photos/video, etc (I could go on but you get the idea!).

Not a bad website design but perhaps the copy could be improved on.

My biggest concern was actually the pricing of £350 for a twelve hour shift :eek: . I'd have expected that to be higher. But, that's not really what this thread is about so apologies!

Charlie Brown
09-02-2010, 11:30 PM
My biggest concern was actually the pricing of £350 for a twelve hour shift :eek: . I'd have expected that to be higher. But, that's not really what this thread is about so apologies!

Yes, yes your right.

I have personally never worked at a 12 hour wedding or event for that matter so did find it hard to price up...

Maybe I should look at that again...I'm happy with the 4 hour evening price of £245 though.