PDA

View Full Version : Matchmakermarketing-anyone else get a call?

scoopd
09-02-2010, 10:24 AM
A guy phoned yesterday from them.When I said I was happy with my spend on advertising this year and happy with the amount of business traffic he said "well that's a bit backward" and put the phone down.

I know these companies have to get business but,really, where do these people get off being downright :Censored: rude!

MagicMusic
09-02-2010, 10:30 AM
I've been getting inundated with calls from various sources. The one's that aren't withheld numbers I have saven as "Con Man" or "Yell.com" etc. Now I just ignore them.

If you wanna have some fun, hard sell them back!

"Who are you?" "what do you do" "What can you do for me" rapid fire questions - its fun reversing the roles!

rob1963
09-02-2010, 10:45 AM
A friend of mine gets about three sales calls a day, as I recently found out when he went on holiday & directed his calls to me!

The best way to stop these calls is to register with the telephone preference service. Website here: http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/ and it's free.

Since registering, I found it stopped about 80% of these calls, and I now get about one such call a week, if that. When I tell them I'm registered with the telephone preference service & ask why they're calling, they soon apologise & hang up!

:D

Corabar Entertainment
09-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Just to add to that Rob: previously, businesses weren't allowed to register with TPS, but several years ago they introduced CTPS (Corporate Telephone Preference Service) specifically for businesses..... just to make sure you register with the right one! :)

scoopd
09-02-2010, 10:55 AM
The thing is I understand that people need to make a living. It's the rudeness that gets me.There's no need for them to be rude and hang up!
I'm at least doing them the courtesy of not hanging up on them

rob1963
09-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Just to add to that Rob: previously, businesses weren't allowed to register with TPS, but several years ago they introduced CTPS (Corporate Telephone Preference Service) specifically for businesses..... just to make sure you register with the right one! :)

Thanks for the clarification, Angela.

:)

Corabar Entertainment
09-02-2010, 10:58 AM
No probs :approve:

Vectis
09-02-2010, 10:59 AM
You could always try this:
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24530

scoopd
09-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I may be tempted!

Danno13
09-02-2010, 02:27 PM
These lot are scumbags - they've been telling people that NADJ passed on their details to try and add credibility to their services, which is obviously rubbish! Basically they're just harvesting details from the listing section on the NADJ page.

scoopd
09-02-2010, 02:43 PM
:offtopic:

09-02-2010, 03:44 PM
I got a call from them earlier today, apparantly they are the company that google uses to sell their adwords, which is just a small lie.

When i explained that i get enough work and it's only me, so why would i need to spend more money getting more enquiries that i'd just have to turn down he suggested that I should just turn my phone off and then hung up.

I'm guessing that he wasn't having much luck today with his sales pitch.

scoopd
09-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Charmers aren't they!