PDA

View Full Version : People having fun with multiquote?

Corabar Entertainment
11-02-2010, 12:44 PM
OK.... a couple of people recently have mentioned that they are having difficulty getting to grips with multiquote.

Can you explain what your difficulties are and I'll try and help.

NKR
11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
OK.... a couple of people recently have mentioned that they are having difficulty getting to grips with multiquote.

Can you explain what your difficulties are and I'll try and help.

I've sussed it.

The bit that threw me and probably Martin is.

You need to press the little speach marks for each quote - ie these ". you want to quote

The next bit was what took me ages to work out - you then need to click post reply and they all bob up.

Its easy Martin - says smug Lancastrian after inventing the wheel long after everyone else had been using them for years.

Corabar Entertainment
11-02-2010, 12:52 PM
:approve: you've got it! :D

StarZSoundS
11-02-2010, 01:15 PM

I'll try tonight.....Thanks!!

Corabar Entertainment
11-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Any problems... give me a shout!

(Actually, if you want a 'practice' run, why not have an experiment in this thread now?)

StarZSoundS
11-02-2010, 01:52 PM

Wow..... how good am I??

Any problems... give me a shout!

(Actually, if you want a 'practice' run, why not have an experiment in this thread now?)

Look out Peter....the King of the Multiquote!!

You any good at dmxing Angie???
Can't do that either!!:rose:

Corabar Entertainment
11-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow..... how good am I??

Look out Peter....the King of the Multiquote!!YAY! Congratulations! :lol:
Can't do that either!!:rose:Nope.... never tried (but reading about it sounds like goggledegook! :D )

JDB Entertainment
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I've sussed it.

I have been trying to work this out since I joined! :bang:

Corabar Entertainment
12-02-2010, 06:31 PM
:lol:

Well, glad this thread has helped a couple of people out anyway! :D

OllieJames
12-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I have been trying to work this out since I joined! :bang:

Should have asked! :D

OllieJames
12-02-2010, 09:10 PM

;)

:D

StarZSoundS
12-02-2010, 09:22 PM

Yep....you have made an old man very happy.;)

I'm dead pleased with myself....I'm stopping complete strangers in the street and telling them that I can multiquote on a forum:D :D :D

Excalibur
13-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Can't do that either!!:rose:

YAY! Nope.... never tried (but reading about it sounds like goggledegook! :D )
Aw shucks. :( :( :( And we looked up to you as a real Techie. :(

Yep....you have made an old man very happy.;)

Angie, you haven't bought him a drink, have you? :confused: :D :D :D

NKR
13-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Aw shucks. :( :( :( And we looked up to you as a real Techie. :(

Angie, you haven't bought him a drink, have you? :confused: :D :D :D

That explains why he is so quiet - It's his round! :beer1:

STEVE HANLEY
13-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Is that thing in the bottom right hand corner third one along??? Also instead of replying to the whole quote how do you pick out just the bits your replying to?? Be gentle with me:)

Corabar Entertainment
13-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Is that thing in the bottom right hand corner third one along??? Yes, that's it :)

Also instead of replying to the whole quote how do you pick out just the bits your replying to?? When you quote and go to your reply box, you will see the post you have quoted typed out there. The quote starts with a little bit of coding between square brackets (the word "QUOTE" + the name of the person you are quoting and the number of the post in between [ ] brackets). At the end of the quote, the word 'QUOTE' appears again between [ ] brackets, but this time a slash ie / appears before the word quote. This signifies 'end quote'. To only quote part of someone's message, all you need to do is delete the words between the start quote and end quote coding that you do not want to appear in your reply..... but always make sure that you leave the square brackets and the bits in between the square brackets untouched. :)

Gentle enough for you :D

STEVE HANLEY
13-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes, that's it :)

When you quote and go to your reply box, you will see the post you have quoted typed out there. The quote starts with a little bit of coding between square brackets (the word "QUOTE" + the name of the person you are quoting and the number of the post in between [ ] brackets). At the end of the quote, the word 'QUOTE' appears again between [ ] brackets, but this time a slash ie / appears before the word quote. This signifies 'end quote'. To only quote part of someone's message, all you need to do is delete the words between the start quote and end quote coding that you do not want to appear in your reply..... but always make sure that you leave the square brackets and the bits in between the square brackets untouched. :)

Gentle enough for you :D

Sorry Angela no I've lost the will to live. I'll comeback to it later when I've sobered up or had another:beer1:

Corabar Entertainment
13-02-2010, 03:30 PM
OK.... in more basic terms..... leave the brackets and delete the bits you don't want :D

Daryll
13-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Sorry Angela no I've lost the will to live. I'll comeback to it later when I've sobered up or had another:beer1:

A complete quote from Steve

Same again , but with "Sorry Angela no I've lost the will to live." highlighted and cut

I'll comeback to it later when I've sobered up or had another:beer1:

Daryll

STEVE HANLEY
13-02-2010, 05:00 PM
A complete quote from Steve

Same again , but with "Sorry Angela no I've lost the will to live." highlighted and cut

Daryll

What?????????:confused:

Corabar Entertainment
13-02-2010, 05:13 PM
He quoted you in full the first time, then quoted you again, but the second time he highlighted and cut (ie deleted) half of the post.

STEVE HANLEY
14-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi Angela

I'm even more :Censored: than I was this afternoon but I now understand your previous quote about about multi-quoting and just using the bits I want to use from quotes,thank you. I'm off to listen to last nights essential mix now I hate trance music normally but the dj thats on tonight is an all round decent bloke

Corabar Entertainment
14-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Just shows that everything makes sense when you've had enough to drink!

Trick is, to still understand it when you sober up! :lol: