PDA

View Full Version : Denon DN-HD2500 help please

connor
19-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi all, I've just bought a new HD2500 and think??? it's faulty. When I cue up a track to deck b/2/right hand side!! and then press play, the audio is stuttering quite severely and the "NEXT" button is flashing in-time to the stuttering????? If I press the "NEXT" button, the track then plays normally BUT!!! if I then press pause and then play it does the same thing, It plays fine in BEND or SCRATCH mode etc. and Deck A/1/left works perfectly. I've telephoned the company I got it from and spoke to one of their "TECHNICIANS" and he is positive that it is simply a settings problem and has advised me to ring the Denon helpline....NO ANSWER, Or I can return it for repair/replacement, which I am happy to do but obviously that won't be possible till Monday plus the time it takes for them to check it over etc. I'm hoping someone on here will say "yeah, dead simple...hit this button and that will cure it" I know deep down inside that's not gonna happen but I have to try!!!:bang:
Thanks in advance everyone.

Penfold42
19-02-2010, 05:43 PM
OK - never heard of this before.....so....start with the simple things.

What hard drive are you using?

connor
19-02-2010, 05:58 PM
I am using the one built in to the hd2500.

Penfold42
19-02-2010, 06:10 PM
I am using the one built in to the hd2500.
And how are the files being loaded in the unit - IE what format. (although this should not be a problem)
Have they been tagged?
and also is the data/software loaded on the unit.....?

I'm just trying to eliminate possibles......i'm sure someone else will be along to help as well. :)

NKR
19-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Have you loaded the software from the CD that came with it. If so get the latest version from the Denon site as mine said don't use the software that comes with it and revert to Denon site.

Penfold42
19-02-2010, 06:18 PM
And how are the files being loaded in the unit - IE what format. (although this should not be a problem)
Have they been tagged?
and also is the data/software loaded on the unit.....?

I'm just trying to eliminate possibles......i'm sure someone else will be along to help as well. :)

Have you loaded the software from the CD that came with it. If so get the latest version from the Denon site as mine said don't use the software that comes with it and revert to Denon site.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Excalibur
19-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Try asking here.
http://www.denondjforums.com/denonforums

Then go to the HD2500 forum. Worth a try.

connor
19-02-2010, 08:04 PM
HI, I've tried the latest software from the denon site, also updated the firmware, now on v1400, tried loading music onto onboard HDD, memory stick and even and SD card plugged into a USB card reader, all do exactly the same thing, I've gone into the setup menu and tried returning to factory settings, all to no avail. I think it must have a fault on it. Thanks for all the replys though.

Penfold42
19-02-2010, 09:20 PM
HI, I've tried the latest software from the denon site, also updated the firmware, now on v1400, tried loading music onto onboard HDD, memory stick and even and SD card plugged into a USB card reader, all do exactly the same thing, I've gone into the setup menu and tried returning to factory settings, all to no avail. I think it must have a fault on it. Thanks for all the replys though.
Have you tagged all the tracks with DDJ Music Manager?

Excalibur
19-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Seems to me you've covered all options, except:

Have you tagged all the tracks with DDJ Music Manager?

If yes, you know my suggested solution, don't you? ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Penfold42
19-02-2010, 09:36 PM
If yes, you know my suggested solution, don't you? ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Which is where I was going .....and think this could be it......:)

Excalibur
19-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Which is where I was going .....and think this could be it......:)

Doubt it. ;) Mine was " Buy a Cortex". :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Penfold42
19-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Doubt it. ;) Mine was " Buy a Cortex". :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:doh:

Excalibur
19-02-2010, 10:01 PM
:doh:

Go on then. I bow to your suoerior knowledge in this matter.

Penfold42
19-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Go on then. I bow to your suoerior knowledge in this matter.

Not me. Just ryin to help a 13yr old out without making it to complicated. :)

Excalibur
19-02-2010, 10:06 PM

Aha! So you think he should buy a Cortex as well? :D :D

Penfold42
19-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Aha! So you think he should buy a Cortex as well? :D :D

How much pocket money do you think a 13yr old gets.......:D

BTW we are drifting here....:)

Corabar Entertainment
19-02-2010, 10:29 PM
BTW we are drifting here....:)Yep!

:offtopic:

NKR
19-02-2010, 10:40 PM

As Penmare turns into Scooby Doo.

Corabar Entertainment
19-02-2010, 11:06 PM
As Penmare turns into Scooby Doo.Ahem! :mad:

:offtopic:

NKR
19-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Topic is pretty much finished. It is not working back to Denon for a new one.

Mine has never done that and it bounced off our slate floor in the kitchen. My three year old pulled it off the worktop and it never died. So as they are that bomb proof when working from day one, I would suggest it is deceased and in need of a replacement.

Corabar Entertainment
19-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Topic is pretty much finished. No it isn't :mad: Just because you personally have not encountered the problem does not make your opinion a categorical reply.

There are plenty of HD2500 users who haven't even seen this thread yet due to the fact that they will be out working and not on the forum today / night.

Until everyone has had the opportunity to reply and / or the issue is resolved (neither or which has yet happened) it is a current thread where someone is asking for other users help.

It may turn out that there is a fault, but you alone are not in a position to decide that.

NKR
19-02-2010, 11:31 PM
No it isn't :mad: Just because you personally have not encountered the problem does not make your opinion a categorical reply.

There are plenty of HD2500 users who haven't even seen this thread yet due to the fact that they will be out working and not on the forum today / night.

Until everyone has had the opportunity to reply and / or the issue is resolved (neither or which has yet happened) it is a current thread where someone is asking for other users help.

It may turn out that there is a fault, but you alone are not in a position to decide that.

Okay I was being flippant and apologise for that. However he has done everything with the software and firmware direct from Denons web site and the fault is on one side only, which would suggest a back to base repair or replace.

I wasn't suggesting I am the eternal knowledge on this, but if mine was doing that it would be back to Denon for a new one. It is box fresh so you don't want to be mucking about - get it back to them. It should just fire up and away you go. If I can do it with ease a man of the technological age is way ahead of me and its probably broken.

Again think you got me wrong there Angela.

WWDJ
19-02-2010, 11:33 PM
i have 2 HD2500 units and neither of them have exhibited that fault. my first thought was that is it a faulty job wheel on deck B, but if it is doing it in Pitch Bend mode then it cannot be that i wouldn't think.

if you havent already i would flash the latest firmware V1400 and if that doesnt cure it, return the unit.

Mine have been reliable (considering they are well used) and even though i have a faulty play button and jog wheel on the one unit, it is not exhibiting the symptoms you are describing.

Corabar Entertainment
19-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Again think you got me wrong there Angela.Fine, but I can only go by what you type, and adding that after I had requested TWICE that then thread get back on topic does somewhat muddy the waters. Anyway, there's no harm done (and as they say, no harm, no foul).... I'm just keen to try and keep this on topic in order that any help anyone can give will be forthcoming.

Back to the case at hand: I believe we are currently waiting to find out if connor has tagged all the tracks with DDJ Music Manager.

[PS: I'll delete any subsequent 'off-topic' posts]

NKR
19-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Fine, but I can only go by what you type, and adding that after I had requested TWICE that then thread get back on topic does somewhat muddy the waters. Anyway, there's no harm done (and as they say, no harm, no foul).... I'm just keen to try and keep this on topic in order that any help anyone can give will be forthcoming.

Back to the case at hand: I believe we are currently waiting to find out if connor has tagged all the tracks with DDJ Music Manager.

[PS: I'll delete any subsequent 'off-topic' posts]

I only got as far as Penmare's comment when I quoted him. Hadn't got so far as the off topic bits otherwise wouldn't have done it.

You don't need to use DDJMM if you drag tracks straight onto the units hard drive as the unit itself acts as the DDJMM and creates the database.

I know this as I have done it for my own internal drive and it works perfect. My two external drives are configured via DDJMM or they wouldn't work.

Plus it is only one side so it probably isn't a track issue.

WWDJ
20-02-2010, 07:50 AM
You don't need to use DDJMM if you drag tracks straight onto the units hard drive as the unit itself acts as the DDJMM and creates the database.

I know this as I have done it for my own internal drive and it works perfect. My two external drives are configured via DDJMM or they wouldn't work.

Plus it is only one side so it probably isn't a track issue.

Agreed. I only use internal drive and don't use DDJMM. The HD2500 rejects any tracks it cannot use.

(incidently you can get away without using DDJMM on external drives too as long as you build the DB on the HD2500 when you have finished transferring)

As long as a working test track has been played on both sides and is not working on deck B, then i think there is no other option to return this unit. it really is plug and play pretty much.

connor
20-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone, tried all of the above, no luck so it's going back to onmonday for a replacement.
I'd just like to thank everyone for all your suggestions, I can't believe how many replies I've had in such a short period.
Again, Thank You.
One last quick note, My Dad bought me a Cortex 1000 which was the first piece of equipment we had.....regularely locked up etc(second hand purchase), which is why we decided to bite the bullet and buy new, decided on a Denon after trawling the internet looking at reviews etc.

NKR
20-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Agreed. I only use internal drive and don't use DDJMM. The HD2500 rejects any tracks it cannot use.

(incidently you can get away without using DDJMM on external drives too as long as you build the DB on the HD2500 when you have finished transferring)

As long as a working test track has been played on both sides and is not working on deck B, then i think there is no other option to return this unit. it really is plug and play pretty much.

Good point on the external drives actually. I added some new tracks in a hurry to my external drive and forgot to database them. Updated the database at the venue using the unit.

Penfold42
20-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Hope you get it sorted Connor. :)

Excalibur
20-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone, tried all of the above, no luck so it's going back to onmonday for a replacement.
I'd just like to thank everyone for all your suggestions, I can't believe how many replies I've had in such a short period.
Again, Thank You.
One last quick note, My Dad bought me a Cortex 1000 which was the first piece of equipment we had.....regularely locked up etc(second hand purchase), which is why we decided to bite the bullet and buy new, decided on a Denon after trawling the internet looking at reviews etc.
Sopme Cortex units are very fussy about software updates. Mine have often developed faults which were cured by the free updates. Crazy K has never updated his, as far as I know. Did you have everything powered with the Cortex? That's another favourite fault, as are corrupted files, a brilliant source of crashes. :( :( :o :o

Hope you get it sorted Connor. :)

Indeed we all do. Keep us posted young 'un.

Corabar Steve
20-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Good point on the external drives actually. I added some new tracks in a hurry to my external drive and forgot to database them. Updated the database at the venue using the unit.
How small is your collection?!?!?!?!?!? It would take about 3 days if I tried to do mine with the HD2500

Excalibur
20-02-2010, 04:40 PM
How small is your collection?!?!?!?!?!? It would take about 3 days if I tried to do mine with the HD2500

Neil said Update, not create. Presumably much quicker?

Corabar Steve
20-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Takes about the same amount of time, it still has to search all files & folders.

OllieJames
20-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Takes about the same amount of time, it still has to search all files & folders.

Don't know if it's different with Cortex, but when I update my Cortex's external HDD it takes a fraction of the time to update than it does when creating a new DB.

NKR
20-02-2010, 11:37 PM

Set it up, turned it on, checked for the new tracks, bugger not updated it, set it off, went for a brew, came back and it was done. That's why I am always early. Gives me time to make up for the things I forgot to do.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-02-2010, 01:39 PM

17,000 tracks takes mine about 10 minutes to do.

Corabar Steve
21-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Last time I tried it with mine it creaked & groaned & took about 45 mins.

Much easier to use DDJMM on the PC IMHO

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-02-2010, 04:38 PM
It would take about 3 days if I tried to do mine with the HD2500

Last time I tried it with mine it creaked & groaned & took about 45 mins.

As long as you're not exaggerating...:p

Corabar Steve
21-02-2010, 06:42 PM
As if :sj:

connor
27-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks everyone but tried everything, but nothing worked so i got my money back (because they said they had none left in stock) and went and bought a new one which is working fine.
many thanks though

Excalibur
27-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks everyone but tried everything, but nothing worked so i got my money back (because they said they had none left in stock) and went and bought a new one which is working fine.
many thanks though

Glad to hear it came out OK in the end.

NKR
27-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Told you it was broke :D

Excalibur
27-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Told you it was broke :D

There's always a smartarse. :p And anyway, I said he should have got a Cortex. :D :D :D

NKR
27-02-2010, 09:43 PM
There's always a smartarse. :p And anyway, I said he should have got a Cortex. :D :D :D

You told me that too and mine wasn't even broke. :eek:

Excalibur
27-02-2010, 09:51 PM
You told me that too and mine wasn't even broke. :eek:

Predictable, ain't I? :D :D :D

NKR
27-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Predictable, ain't I? :D :D :D

You need to put a more positive spin on that and say consistent. ;)

CRAZY K
28-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Crazy K has never updated his, as far as I know. That's another favourite fault, as are corrupted files, a brilliant source of crashes.

Hmmmm second hand Cortex--always a source of suspicion its been sold because its no good--a familiar story recently--

My second NEW Cortex I actually BACKDATED the software because for some reason the keyboard didnt work perfectly--NEVER gone near updates--
NEVER had a problem. If it aint broke--;)

Yes the locking up MIGHT be due to corrupted file--brilliant source of trouble as Peter rightly points out.

Easy way to check is to put some perfect tracks on a memory stick and play through them.

Perhaps Peter and I have simple requirements for play out--but Cortex seems fine:)

welby
01-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Hmmmm second hand Cortex--always a source of suspicion its been sold because its no good--a familiar story recently--

Crikey, that's a sweeping statement - just sold mine and was perfect! :D

CRAZY K
01-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Crikey, that's a sweeping statement - just sold mine and was perfect! :D

Well lets face it---many people sell things BECAUSE they are faulty.

Sometimes they say things which they genuinely believe are true--but arent:eek:

Like the bloke that swore blind to me that his Warranty on Peavey UL15s could be transferred to me--im sure he thought this was true--quick call to Peavey--nah no chance:eek:

Nothing personal of course---if buying from fellow posters on here obviously different rules apply;)

welby
01-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Well lets face it---many people sell things BECAUSE they are faulty.

Sometimes they say things which they genuinely believe are true--but arent:eek:

Like the bloke that swore blind to me that his Warranty on Peavey UL15s could be transferred to me--im sure he thought this was true--quick call to Peavey--nah no chance:eek:

Nothing personal of course---if buying from fellow posters on here obviously different rules apply;)

I'd like to think most people are genuine - but like everything else you should not take things at face value as there is always someone who trys it on.

It's a bad world out there!