PDA

View Full Version : How to drum up more work

intensesound
20-02-2010, 05:13 PM
hi guys hope your all well just wanted views on going about getting some more work in want to do disco/dj/karaoke/lightshows/hire full time

NKR
20-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Okay so what are you currently doing as the majority of your work load, what is your experience and what would you prefer to be doing.

This year is pretty tricky and I am well down on work.

We need some more info, so break it down for us.

yourdj
21-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Get a good website and work on google rankings. stick a post in the website section and get people to slate it (vectis for one). That always helps.

I would personally ditch all the photos and information about lighting and equipment and get some great photos and videos of people having the time of their life.

I assume your a compitent DJ?
You website only has pics of one event and two testimonials which will put lots of people off?

Put thought love and visualise being busy.
Think success and you will get it.

also contact some good agencies - thats a quick way to find work.

I would concentrate on Weddings - my booking are through the roof this year!

discomobiledj
21-02-2010, 07:40 AM
On your site, you have an open bracket at the start of your business name. Is this correct?

For your gallery I would make it a slideshow, that way it covers up the lack of "party" pictures you have.

You have online booking and contact us. Combine the two.

Testimonial page. Take it off until you have at least 10 IMO. Otherwise it looks like you've only had two discos.

Business wise. Advertise on all the disco directories. Some you never get any from, others you will get plenty from. I have a list, kindly given by Rob, if you want it.

Make contact with function suites. Ask if you can leave your cards there or if the can recommend your services and say that you pay them a commission. Same with previous clients.

Get booked up with wedding fayres. Get in early mind as some fayres will only take one DJ at a function.

rob1963
21-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Business wise. Advertise on all the disco directories. Some you never get any from, others you will get plenty from. I have a list, kindly given by Rob, if you want it.

I was also going to say that the best way to drum up more work is through more advertising, and the place to do that is online, as the internet is now the number one place for advertising.

Maybe you can put up the list of sites which I've previously posted if you have it handy, as it will save me searching for it.

:)

ppentertainments
21-02-2010, 10:22 AM
you pay them a commission. Same with previous clients.

I agree with all you comments apart from the above. Be very careful about working directly for a venue where they gain commision (or backhanders if you want to be blunt). The type of venue which operates like this tend to be the ones who will try and get you cheaper and cheaper, more work - less money.

A website is a great medium and does generate you work, however make sure you follow up wherever possible to gain further knowledge and also look at any other services you can incorporate. As well as gaining more money from these other services, it could be those services that attract customers to book you. for example, I gain a lot of bookings from offering a photo slideshow.

Daryll
21-02-2010, 10:32 AM
This one rob.

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showpost.php?p=378242&postcount=6

:D :D

Daryll

discomobiledj
21-02-2010, 10:34 AM
That's the one.

rob1963
21-02-2010, 11:04 AM
:thumbsup:

Vectis
21-02-2010, 11:07 AM
That's the one.

:thumbsup:

:mad:

intensesound
21-02-2010, 11:50 AM
thanks guy all good so far website is not 100% finished only been back online a week and only you guys no about it and me of course lol

yourdj
21-02-2010, 01:07 PM
thanks guy all good so far website is not 100% finished only been back online a week and only you guys no about it and me of course lol

No necessarily but i think each individual can give you at least one very good piece of knowlege/tool that relates to you and will be your killer gig maker

:D

intensesound
21-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Background - mobile bar/club dj with great lighting design skills been djing since was 6 only 21 now dont mind traveling up and down the country

Charlie Brown
21-02-2010, 06:18 PM
I hate to nip-pick here but you have copied stuff from my website. :(

http://charliebrownsdisco.co.uk/SchoolEventsampProms.html - Mine

http://www.intensesl.co.uk/services.php - Yours.

"Pricing...
Flat rate for a 4 hour school prom during the evening is, inclusive; of DJ, club sound system, computerised 3D laser and light show, pre-event meeting to discuss music/running order of the night/special requirements, £250. There is an additional charge per hour for proms ending after 12.00am, as there is for an event outside our map area please call for full pricing."

"It's the end of your School, College, or University year: and you want to end it with a bang, so what's a better way of doing it than a party so great you'll look back on it for years to come.
Undoubtedly, that makes your choice of entertainment vital: and you want someone professional yet flexible, able to pick and choose the best songs or be approachable enough to take requests on the night; and that is what Intense Sound & Lighting can offer.
Imagine the perfect night: the ideal venue, great food, all your friends ready to celebrate your achievements and make it the party of a lifetime, and you've decorated the rooms to perfection; now all you need is fantastic entertainment!
Intense Sound & Lighting can help make your school, college, or university party a truly unforgettable event! With one of our night club packages. We only use top-of-the-range equipment, creating an awesome club atmosphere: We provide smoke machines, and of course a crystal clear club sound system. The light and laser show is fully computerised, so we have total control of the effects; often changing them to suit different songs."

All my words.....:confused:

intensesound
21-02-2010, 06:30 PM
what ever

Corabar Entertainment
21-02-2010, 06:32 PM
what ever:confused: What do you mean by that?

Charlie Brown
21-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Please can you delete it?

intensesound
21-02-2010, 06:34 PM
sorry no as i said i have had that wording for along time mate im sorry but im not just going to get rid because you have the same

Charlie Brown
21-02-2010, 06:35 PM
But you can't copy my website? It's not fair...How long have you had it then?

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-02-2010, 06:43 PM
It appears that Intensesound doesn't wish to play ball and change his site. I have tried to sort this out via PM nicely but unfortunately all I got was a rather aggressive PM back.

I know Charlie Brown very well and know he wouldn't fib about something like this, so as forum rules state:

25. Member ‘Code of Conduct.
Any member found to be in breach or our ‘codes of conduct’ below, may be sanctioned, removed from the forum and directory.

a) Plagiarism

The member will now be banned from this forum.