PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Advice

Dial a disco.co.uk
21-06-2006, 09:44 PM
I am just starting out as a mobile dj and have brought 4 x soundlab gastos. Are they any good? and if not what do you recommend.

thanks
adam

Corabar Steve
21-06-2006, 09:50 PM
I am just starting out as a mobile dj and have brought 4 x soundlab gastos. Are they any good? and if not what do you recommend.

thanks
adam
They're a greatway of generating revenue if you happen to be a police force.

Hang on , that's the wrong sort of gatso. Sorry not a clue :teeth:

I'm sure somebody on here will be able to help though.

Wolfie
21-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I thought Serco made Gatso's

Shaun
21-06-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm not familiar with the gastos so unfortunately I can't help.

Just wanted to drop into the topic to welcome you to the forum Adam. :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-06-2006, 09:53 PM
I think he means Soundlab Vastos possibly...

A cheap little moonflower effect - OK for starting out I would have said, but for a few more quid there are better effects on the market.

ian8limelight
21-06-2006, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the Forum, Adam.

Do you want to let us know something about you in the Newbies section, so others can also welcome you.

Paul James Promotions
21-06-2006, 09:55 PM
The Manias from Martin are a good unit for the money.

Corabar Steve
21-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Aren't gatsos a slow strobe like effect?

No that's the other ones again

ian8limelight
21-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Aren't gatsos a slow strobe like effect?

No that's the other ones again

Have you been flashed at recently ...................... by a Gatso ??

Corabar Steve
21-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Last September.

Dial a disco.co.uk
21-06-2006, 10:15 PM
sorry yes they are soundlab vastos

charlie
26-06-2006, 11:38 PM
hey adam these lights arent to bad. Try www.thomann.de iv recently bought some gobo flowers form them and they are cheap and good quality.

Charlie

Danieleastwood.com
07-07-2006, 12:00 PM
the sad Unfortunate thing with lighting is to many people tend to forget the whole False economy thing.

Say for instance, you were to buy some moonflowers effects (wont mention any manufacturers names) and you bought 4 for 200-300 pounds, you'd think that was an awesome bargain.

Think again, have you ever tried to get these lights fixed? I guarantee you that the after sales on these things is very poor, you can wait weeks or even months for a return. You'll find these days, most mobile disco shops will in-fact repair them in the shop at a higher cost. (they do, after all have to make money)

Further to this, Bad design and poor manufacturing quality inevitably mean that you are going to eat through Lamps like a fat kid eats chocolate. The exaust and cooling flow are usually sacrificed in order to cut down on material costs.

Because of this..... if you spend £50 - £75 on a cheap effect, don't be suprised that you could easily spend that again on 3-4 lamps over a busy month.

It annoys me that people are willing to sell foreign (meaning cheaply made) units to un-sure mobile disco's and DJ's.My theory is if you going to sell somebody something, It has to do the Job it was intended to do and DO IT WELL. Ohterwise, your reputation would be on the line.

I appreciate cost is paramount with the price of higher end kit, but in the long term, trust me you will save fortunes.

But further to your question about Soundlab stuff.....

They last for years and have very little tendancy to go wrong, but you will find you will replace lamps quite frequently especially in the winter months. and the aftersales is pretty good with them.

Corabar Entertainment
07-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Hello Daniel.

Why not introduce yourself to everyone in the newbies section? :teeth: