PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays Wedding Fayre

Shakermaker Promotions
22-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi all,

Unfortunately I forgot my camera (probably due to the fact that my head was allover the place due to no sleep the night before).

Long day yesterday but a profitable one again. I had 9 enquiries on the day. 3 for functions this year and 6 for next year. One of the functions for this year was a 60th Birthday Party and the lady said she went along because she saw on my website front page that I would be at the wedding fayre and wanted to meet me. That booking was confirmed this morning. One of the weddings for this year was also confirmed this morning, the other one I am waiting to hear back from. I quoted for 6 weddings for next year, all of them with Uplighting at the same venue.....3 of them confirmed last night and the other 3 I am waiting to hear back from...so it was another good wedding fayre with me being the only DJ there.

The venue is a nice venue with a lovely big marquee. It does'nt have a resident DJ.....as yet ;)

I wish I had taken my camera with me as I thought my stand looked really good. It was quite sparse but neat. Just the Denon and 2 x DB Tech Actives playing wedding first dances throughout the day. 4 x LEDJ Colourbursts behind me set to Lilac - Blue - Lilac - Blue and 2 x 22" Monitors playing my slideshow on a continuous loop. I also had my brochures and cards spread around the table too.

The only problem that I had was that opposite my stand on the other side of the marquee was a lady that was singing every now and then. Her volume seemed to increase throughout the day and you could see people actually covering their ears. I felt slightly sorry for her at first but as the day went on I found myself increasing my volume a tad too. During the last 20 minutes of the fayre I stopped the wedding first dance playlist as the customers had more or less disappeared so I started to dismantle the Uplighting and upped the volume a bit and started to play party classics. The whole atmosphere of the marquee changed and it went from being all serious with nice background music to other exhibitors having a bit of a boogie and smiling as they started to pack up too.

A good but tiring day.

Shaun
22-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Good to hear it went well for you Gary. :)