PDA

View Full Version : Vayron Brand of Laser

Megamix
24-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Anyone used a Vayron brand of Laser light? They sell one very similar to the Kam Cluster Ultimate 4 in 1 but its almost half the price.
http://www.ebdj.co.uk/vayron-x4-ultimax.html

flatliners
25-02-2010, 10:51 AM
try the illumination quantum 3d great laser sure mike has them at 199

Megamix
25-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Just out of interest I got this back from a supplier- which makes me wonder what's missing!

"The Vayron X4 has simply had most of the un-nessessary features removed, it's been designed for venues and djs that just want to plug in and go"

Corabar Steve
25-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I would guess no DMX control or the ability to program it.

soundtracker
25-02-2010, 11:47 AM
think Vayron may be zoom or source. or whatever their latest re-incarnation is.

Megamix
25-02-2010, 02:29 PM
try the illumination quantum 3d great laser sure mike has them at 199

Saw that one (Mike is Phase One?) but someone on youtube was saying the lens had slipped down on his - YouTube- ILLUMINATION QUANTUM 3D-2 LASER

Starlight
25-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Saw that one (Mike is Phase One?) but someone on youtube was saying the lens had slipped down on his - YouTube- ILLUMINATION QUANTUM 3D-2 LASER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqiM4_6FSRM)
Hi Megamix,

Judjing by the video, the build quality of this laser projector looks rather quite nice, rubust and strong, just unfortunate about the mis-allignment really. I suppose to fix the alligning problem wouldn't cost you a penny to get them to fix it, don't quote me on that but my gut instinct tells me you'd be covered with the warranty.

OK, if I was to go for these kind of laser projectors, I'd be wanting to go to my local dealer and if possible, have a shoot out of a couple of 'starcluster' type laser projectors and decide which 1 performs best. I personally think £199 is a fair price. If you do get the chance to demo a couple of these laser projectors, go for the 1 that's got A) The best pattern sequences and B) Got the highest pps (points per second) rating because the higher the pps rating, the less flicker you'll have. If a laser projector has a pps rating of 8K and another laser projector of 20K pps, the 20K laser prjector's animations etc will be much smother than the 8K pps laser projector.

Hope this helps :)

Neil.

Starlight
25-02-2010, 08:55 PM
That wouldn't suprise me :lol: It's like Mad lighting, I think they are Abstract! I'm not sure really :o

Neil.

CRS1.com
25-02-2010, 09:34 PM

That wouldn't suprise me :lol: It's like Mad lighting, I think they are Abstract! I'm not sure really :o

Neil.

You are both correct.

The Vayron brand is from the latest incarnation of Mr Darren Cragg's Business empire. He of Source, Zoom and now also of the 9999 Club..... Nuff said!

And yes the mighty Abstract are behind the Mad brand but the main difference is that the Mad stuff is quite good quality and mainly UK made still, hence the pricing.

Megamix
25-02-2010, 10:29 PM
The Vayron brand is from the latest incarnation of Mr Darren Cragg's Business empire. He of Source, Zoom and now also of the 9999 Club..... Nuff said!

So reading between the lines - not such a reputable make?

Megamix
25-02-2010, 10:37 PM
OK, if I was to go for these kind of laser projectors, I'd be wanting to go to my local dealer and if possible, have a shoot out of a couple of 'starcluster' type laser projectors and decide which 1 performs best. I personally think £199 is a fair price. If you do get the chance to demo a couple of these laser projectors, go for the 1 that's got A) The best pattern sequences and B) Got the highest pps (points per second) rating because the higher the pps rating, the less flicker you'll have. If a laser projector has a pps rating of 8K and another laser projector of 20K pps, the 20K laser prjector's animations etc will be much smother than the 8K pps laser projector.

Thanks for this info Neil