PDA

View Full Version : Website

Dial a disco.co.uk
22-06-2006, 07:04 AM
My web site is online now! www.dialadisco.co.uk i would appreciate your comments.

thanks
adam

colinm345
22-06-2006, 08:00 AM
My web site is online now! www.dialadisco.co.uk (http://www.dialadisco.co.uk/) i would appreciate your comments.

thanks
adam

Hi Adam
Well here goes then I love the title.........its great

As regards the Flash I like it 2,but it takes a little long to skip the intro so maybe the code could be trimmed a little ,as the search engine spiders dont like Flash that much

dj_ags
22-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Firstly, compliments on your site :teeth:

Firstly, IMHO, the flash introduction on the first page is way to long. The rumoured time that a customer waits for a site to load is 10 seconds. If the site isn't fully loaded in that time, then they will move on to the next! However, i appreciate the fact that this intro can be skipped but many will not notice the skip button in the right hand corner!

You could also do with a few more pages being added to your site as well. For example, i would add an "About Us" page, telling people who you are and what you do. This way, you can go into more detail. I would also add a "Service" page, telling people what services you provide. Finally, i would add a "Pricing" page which will tell people how much you charge, of which in this page will include a BEFORE (when nothing is switched on) and AFTER (when the show is in full swing) picture of your setup.

Please don't take it that im taking the p*ss out of your site as im not. They're just some pointers that are of my opinion. However, i do compliment you on your site and it does look good :beer: :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Great start on which to build: The site looks nice, clean and tidy, but I would reiterate what the others have said about the intro - it might be better if it were a little shorter.

The only other thing I would add is you might want to have your photo gallery on the site, rather than a link to elsewhere - but you can sort this out as the site develops and grows..... as I said, great starting point.

PS - Noticed a typo in your opening paragraph "atmospere" instead of "atmosphere" :teeth: :teeth:

Good Luck!

Shaun
22-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Looks great..nice job :)

My site should be online very soon too. I did all the design and passed the files onto a web design company as I'm clueless about web design. I can't wait to finally be "online". Any day now :)

Wolfie
22-06-2006, 01:34 PM
time to hitch up the trousers a bit higher & switch into "Simon Cowell mode"....

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/01/24/cowell_narrowweb__300x426,0.jpg

1) lose the flash intro...it will kill your ranking. If you intend to keep it, you could add some HTML to it's page (i notice the flash movie is sitting in a HTML page frame) so the search engines can latch onto it, nothing fancy just a brief description of what your site is about under the movie somewhere, about 250 words tops.

Google does index pages that use Macromedia Flash. However, Google may have problems indexing the Flash pages, you may want to consider creating HTML copies of those Flash pages. As always, you will need to include a robots.txt file that disallows the Flash pages so that Google does not recognize those pages as duplicate content.

2) Change the page titles, they are very important to search engine ranking - especially on Google.

3) the HTML code looks a bit sloppy in places.. try moving the java script down into the main body of the HTML or remove some of the script, as you use lots of java & it all is sitting in the Head tags of the code This will ensure the pages are crawled properly

colinm345
22-06-2006, 02:25 PM
These may be of help to you

http://businessnetwork.smh.com.au/articles/2006/04/27/4494.html

http://www.digital-web.com/articles/seo_and_non_html_sites/comments/

...........Also, as to the searchability issue, many developers that know whassup are starting to use Flash as a front end for XML content, which is of course fully searchable and indexable.:teeth:

Dial a disco.co.uk
22-06-2006, 06:43 PM
thanks for your comments and i will adjust the site. to be honest without being able to ask anyone i wouldnt have known. so thanks again.

adam

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Even though I didn't contribute much, I'll answer on behalf of everyone above.......
Your welcome :teeth:

Feel free to ask away with any questions; there's almost always someone around who will be able to help :)

BeerFunk
23-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I would have to disagree with the pricing information - if you say £50-£200, you will be sure to get people contacting you for a £50 disco, and they may try to negotiate the price with you?

CRAZY K
24-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Just to mention--I like the look of the Site--nice and fresh--but you will be in competition with a huge number of other Discos.

According to the Home page you have 2,000 tracks available--is that right?

It will not impress the punters who will be reading other sites claiming to have huge numbers of tracks--I know you can only play a few every gig but the sites I have seen claim to have 5,10 or 20k tracks.

I would take this off your site or increase your collection :teeth:

CRAZY K

Alex - Cream Ents
24-06-2006, 08:59 AM
Nice clear and professional looking site. I would agree with Crazy K on the no of tracks, perhaps leave that out or reword to something less specific

"Thousands of tracks to choose from ensuring we will make it a night to remember"

Possibly something less cheesy than that though!

Other than that I like it, not "cluttered" or info overload.