PDA

View Full Version : Staverton Park, Daventry

Spirits High
01-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm after a bit of local knowledge on this venue please.

I've got a Wedding there on June 5th and would appreciate any of the locals giving me some info on load in etc.

Thanks in advance

Cj_The_Dj
01-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Sorry to poop your thread but you reminded me... so i wondering have you ever worked at kenwood hall in Sheffield?

DJ James Lake
01-03-2010, 08:32 PM
If your in the county suite take a trolley as you have to go through a foyer and into the suite, theres a big stage in the room. Quite a large suite with a high room as well so you will need plenty of sound. The bar is in a separate room so be prepared for a tough gig.

You need to arrange setup time cause they have a nasty habit of booking out the day for other events and timing can be tight.

Spirits High
01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Sorry to poop your thread but you reminded me... so i wondering have you ever worked at kenwood hall in Sheffield?

How very dare you! Nope :D

If your in the county suite take a trolley as you have to go through a foyer and into the suite, theres a big stage in the room. Quite a large suite with a high room as well so you will need plenty of sound. The bar is in a separate room so be prepared for a tough gig.

You need to arrange setup time cause they have a nasty habit of booking out the day for other events and timing can be tight.

Thanks for that, been told that I can set up from 6pm. Originally I was doing background music during the Wedding breakfast but apparently the room isn't big enough for the guests and me. On that proviso I'm thinking it's not the county suite.

DJ James Lake
01-03-2010, 10:11 PM
How very dare you! Nope :D

Thanks for that, been told that I can set up from 6pm. Originally I was doing background music during the Wedding breakfast but apparently the room isn't big enough for the guests and me. On that proviso I'm thinking it's not the county suite.

your probably in the club house then will still need to take a trolley, the load in isnt bad you have to take the kit down a corridor. Easier room as the bar is right by the dancefloor.

Big Mix Mobile Disco
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes he's right your probably in the Golf Club House which is still a nice sized room, careful though as they have a nasty habit of setting up the dance floor in the most strangest of places sometimes even right up against the wall so you have to set up on the dancefloor :confused:

Sometimes you'll find the dancefloor isn't even down yet, thats of course unless it's changed. Been a while since I've played there.

You'll def need a trolley.

Hope this helps.

Darren

Spirits High
01-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Cheers for the info guys.

Got a trolley so no dramas there ;)