PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 13th March 2010

Mayhem 1
08-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I am teaming up with DJ Jules from the forum to provide the entertainment at a big fund raiser in aid of The Bristol Children's Hospital.

I am really looking forward to this event due to it almost selling out!!! should be about 200 attending so a very nice audience.

No doubt Jules will be along to add anything further, and look out for his event report/gig log very soon after saturday.

DJ Jules
08-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I am teaming up with DJ Jules from the forum to provide the entertainment at a big fund raiser in aid of The Bristol Children's Hospital.

I am really looking forward to this event due to it almost selling out!!! should be about 200 attending so a very nice audience.

No doubt Jules will be along to add anything further, and look out for his event report/gig log very soon after saturday.

Thanks Garry, I was wondering who'd be first to post, and you beat me to it... :D

If anyone in the Bristol area wants to come along (with or without kids) tickets are just £2.50, and there's about 10 left and all proceeds are going to the Bristol Childrens Hospital :) PM me if you want more info?

Report to follow....!

Julian

Mayhem 1
14-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I would like to take this quick opportunity to thank DJ Jules and his family for making me so welcome in their home pre gig yesterday.

I was very impressed with all the massive posters in Bristol about the event especially the one in jule’s house window - nice touch mate - !!!!!!

I hope that Zoe & James (Jule's Children) have now calmed down mate after my visit.

Many thanks again for the invite.

Full event report and pics coming soon from DJ Jules

DJ Jules
14-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Grand total raised on the night - £580.23! A brilliant result.

Yup, Mr Mayhem is now well and truly infamous around this corner of Bristol at least - the A0 posters stuck up in peoples windows and at the community centre have seen to that :D

Photos to follow when I get a free sec... I'm expecting the Evening post to publish theirs online in the next few days too.

P.S. Kids are now just about calm, but got very excited when we asked if they wanted to see you again! ;)

DJ Jules
15-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Quick first pic and video from the night from my Mum's camera (hence the dust spots on the lens). Don't ask me what happened to the slide show which is supposed to be on the borrowed projector screen in the background - I have no idea! Dude with the camera hiding at the front was from the press, apparently we'll be appearing within the next couple of days. Guy with the pink shirt twiddling his knobs would be me, the man in Black would be Mr Mayhem :)

Quick video of one of the party dances :)

YouTube- Mr Mayhem - Hanham Community Centre 2010 - Clap Clap song

P.S. Garry - When my kids stop going "me me me me" and pointing at themselves, I might talk to you again :D

DJ Jules
15-03-2010, 09:15 PM
I've got to say a HUGE thank you to Garry for coming along and providing the entertainment for me for this event, it was a fantastic night and all of the kids and adults had an incredible time. I've had nothing but positive feedback from the parents who were there and from the kids. I think they're going to be pretty disappointed when I do their next school disco in two weeks :D

To top it all off, we raised a nice wad of cash for the charity as well, and they've asked me to extend their gratitude to Garry for what he's done.

Julian

rob1963
15-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Looking great as always Mr M!

:thumbsup:

Mayhem 1
16-03-2010, 06:23 AM
Many thanks Rob.

And remember one thing Jules mate.............. Is it cool or is it WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIcked you watched my show mate and I did say that you could use bits of it for your school disco!!!

DJ Jules
16-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Many thanks Rob.

And remember one thing Jules mate.............. Is it cool or is it WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIcked you watched my show mate and I did say that you could use bits of it for your school disco!!!

Thanks Garry, you definitely gave me a few ideas! Trust me, my kids aren't letting me forget any of it :D

Julian

Mayhem 1
16-03-2010, 07:30 AM
I like to make my mark mate!!!

FAO - Rob: Get yourself booked for a kids party mate and I will come along as guest presenter buddy!!!

DJ Jules
16-03-2010, 01:45 PM
FYI - the article online - I've been told there's better photos in the paper edition... Which I'll be buying on the way home :D

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/grand-thank-Bristol-medics/article-1916945-detail/article.html

Julian

Mayhem 1
16-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Hiya Jules,

Dont forget my copy mate!!!

StarZSoundS
16-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I like to make my mark mate!!!

FAO - Rob: Get yourself booked for a kids party mate and I will come along as guest presenter buddy!!!

I'll be the first to admit that you are Manchester United and I am Crewe in terms of interaction with the kids Garry.

Nonetheless....I too have a following!!

So if the invitation stretches as far as Barnsley I would love for you to come up as a Guest presenter.

If you watch the U-Tube presentation on this thread and then pop down to the bottom you will see Garry in action at other places.....he really has something for those kids.

They mob him at the end.The only other time i've seen hero worship like it is with the Blue-Rinse Brigade at Joe Longthornes concerts:eek: :eek:

Garry....you are the Joe Longthorne of Kids Parties....keep it up!!

Any other DJ's get mobbed at the end of their gigs.....I think not:) :) :) :)

rob1963
16-03-2010, 05:06 PM

I think it would be better for the kids if I just passed you the whole booking in the first place!

Mayhem 1
16-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Fair enough Rob!!!

Just think of the fun you are missing matey