PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Mixer

DJkiller
11-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Hello,

Looking for a new mixer to use for Karaoke & Disco. What is the best one to use?

Thanks
Michael :)

visualdjmax
11-03-2010, 03:06 PM
This look pretty reasonable. I have just this from a March Newsletter.

djdave01
11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
if your just after a mixer, not an amp too, have a look at this one, im thinking about one for myself.

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=2933

Digitalsounds
11-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Have a look at the Behringer range of mixers we use these for karaoke application and they work well.

Shakermaker Promotions
11-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Same here. I use a 12 Channel Behringer Xenyox Mixer for Karaoke.

Sarahjovi
12-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I use a small Alesis mixer which has 4 mic inputs and echo/reverb FX's which are essential for Karaoke.

This is my one, http://www.alesis.com/multimix8firewire

However you probably don't want the firewire option and you may prefer sliders to twisty knobs. And you may want more channels???

I 2nd the beringer mixers mention above too!

Sarah:D

flatliners
12-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I use a small Alesis mixer which has 4 mic inputs and echo/reverb FX's which are essential for Karaoke.

This is my one, http://www.alesis.com/multimix8firewire

However you probably don't want the firewire option and you may prefer sliders to twisty knobs. And you may want more channels???

I 2nd the beringer mixers mention above too!

Sarah:D
i will second the alesis mixer my mate has 1 and there great i have a 1622fx

mark karaoke
12-03-2010, 01:53 PM
i've gone down the powered mixer route --- use an f.b.t or a dynacord and got an old studiomaster for backup

Jays karaoke
12-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Hello,

Looking for a new mixer to use for Karaoke & Disco. What is the best one to use?

Thanks
Michael :)

If you question is which is the best on to use and money is no problem......Dynacord, Dynacord, Dynacord.

If your question is which is the best desk to use that will not break the bank then there are fairly some nice powered desks out there for £500 ish look around. These are both powered mixers.

Unpowered mixers I would probably always go for an Allen & Heath or Spirit Folio or something.

paulg
12-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Behringer is a good recommendation. For karaoke buy cheaper stuff, it doesn't matter that much because karaoke tracks are so badly put together and often the singers aren't much better! Buy two - one for a spare. Get one with sliders not knobs for faders. You can control four micophones with one hand simultaneously. We use Yamaha's which have basic compression on 4 channels - this helps to compensate for singers with no microphone technique. They RRP at about 200 quid. Downside is the external mains transformer that is like a house brick.

Don't bother with peavey - we've had 3 repairs on faulty sliders in 2 years.

http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/products/mixers/mg_cx_models/index.html

Excalibur
12-03-2010, 09:45 PM
i've gone down the powered mixer route --- use an f.b.t or a dynacord and got an old studiomaster for backup

Me too. Old powered Behringer, courtesy of old Arkwright on here. :D :D :D Loads of bells and whistles, one day I might find out what some of them do. :confused: :confused: :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Me too. Old powered Behringer, courtesy of old Arkwright on here. :D :D :D Loads of bells and whistles, one day I might find out what some of them do. :confused: :confused: :D :D

Old?

You cheeky sod :boxer2:

Excalibur
13-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Old?

You cheeky sod :boxer2:

OK. Young Arkwright. ;) :D :D

DazzyD
15-03-2010, 07:44 PM
We have number of powered mixers including Dynacords and Studio Masters that are ideal for karaoke. I do believe we have a Behringer kicking around too!

If you're on a budget, there's the SoundLab G742 which I bought for £350 and made about £20 worth of modifications to to bring it up to a reasonable standard. It's a reliable workhorse now!

If your after a mixer-only that's suitable for karaoke then try the KAM Audio Pro 1500 which is ideal for karaoke and a decent price too.

http://www.images2.co.uk/Sound_Equipment/Mixers.With_Vocal_Delay_And_Echo/AUDIO_PRO_1500_7_CH_ECHO_MIXER_SC425820.html

ppentertainments
15-03-2010, 07:49 PM
We have number of powered mixers including Dynacords and Studio Masters that are ideal for karaoke. I do believe we have a Behringer kicking around too!

If you're on a budget, there's the SoundLab G742 which I bought for £350 and made about £20 worth of modifications to to bring it up to a reasonable standard. It's a reliable workhorse now!

Are you selling any Dazzy ??

Excalibur
15-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Are you selling any Dazzy ??

Dunno, but Daryll's selling a Yamaha, which I believe would suit the OP.

DazzyD
15-03-2010, 09:13 PM
I've never been one to sell gear. I have plans for world domination and put out a thousand DJs every night so the kit will all come in useful one day! :D

Well, I can dream!

I did get the Behringer for free as it required a few sliders replacing. I think it's been used twice. One of the Studio Masters is bust but I might get round to fixing it one day. The Dynacords are used for karaoke and for charity nights when we do the Blues Brothers tribute show as they have lots of inputs. And the Soundlab is set up in my room with a small pair of 8in speakers so I can practice. I've also got 2 small mixers one of which is part of my dads hi-fi set up so he can practice his karaoke singing :eek: