PDA

View Full Version : rememberance slowies (funerals)

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Have recently done disco wake in last month local footballer car crash etc etc

obviously Puff Daddy - Missing you, came up as the requested tune

what other slowies would you refrain from playing at a disco just in case it got all weepy to much or people have asked you to stop playing because of recent deaths etc etc

I have had tina turners - the best

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Do you mean at a wake, or at the post-funeral celebration (and yes I use that word, because it is a celebration of the person's life)

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 10:25 PM
Yep spot on always call them disco wakes

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 10:33 PM
A wake is when you sit with the desceased prior to the funeral. (& stay awake, hence the name)

dj_ags
22-06-2006, 10:34 PM
DJ Sammy - Heaven (Candlelight Mix)

I would refrain from playing this simply because it is reguarly played at childrens funerals and is quite upsetting, especially for parents of the child.

Also Westlife - Flying Without Wings is associated with childrens funerals too.

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Yep spot on always call them disco wakesI know - a lot of people do. For those of you who don't know what I am on about.... a wake is actually the period (usually 2 days and nights) between the time someone dies and the time they are buried. Someone stays with the coffin and sits with them all the time to watch over them (family, friends, neighbours, come visiting and take turns). ie there is always someone awake - hence 'The Wake'

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Didn't Steve just write that?

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Yep! well something similar anyway

Corabar Entertainment
22-06-2006, 10:40 PM
I got sidetracked off-forum when I was writing it. When I started, there were no posts after Badgers..... buy the time I'd finished, however...... :omg:

Anyway, at a post-funeral celebration, I am not sure that you should play any sad slowies - unless there was something that the family particularly wanted.

Have a disco
22-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Have recently done disco wake in last month local footballer car crash etc etc

obviously Puff Daddy - Missing you, came up as the requested tune

what other slowies would you refrain from playing at a disco just in case it got all weepy to much or people have asked you to stop playing because of recent deaths etc etc

I have had tina turners - the best

just to highlight the actual question??

Corabar Steve
22-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Moody! :teeth:

At a disco or a post funeral bash?

Have a disco
23-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Yep spot on always call them disco wakes

THINK IM FEELING DEJA VU

lets see if we can follow the thread with an answer LOL

DJ Sammy very good answer

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Moody! :teeth:

At a disco or a post funeral bash?
Answer the question & you might get an answer! Your original question was a bit ambiguous.

So are we talking ......

a) general disco
b) a wake
or
c) a post funeral celebration of the deceased
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????

dj_ags
23-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Answer the question & you might get an answer! Your original question was a bit ambiguous.

So are we talking ......

a) general disco
b) a wake
or
c) a post funeral celebration of the deceased

I think Badger meant a general disco. I may be wrong, but i think he was meaning what songs would you refrain from playing at a general disco in order to prevent a sad atmosphere at the function.

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I think Badger meant a general disco. I may be wrong, but i think he was meaning what songs would you refrain from playing at a general disco in order to prevent a sad atmosphere at the function.
No it looks like option c. The title of the thread has gained (funerals)

In which case wouldn't the logical thing to do be ask the client?????

dj_ags
23-06-2006, 09:40 AM
No it looks like option c. The title of the thread has gained (funerals)

In which case wouldn't the logical thing to do be ask the client?

Your guess is as good as mine :teeth:

I would certainly ask the client before the gig just to make sure...best way!

reemicks disco
23-06-2006, 09:43 AM
we would ask the client what they wanted us to play, would also ask for deceased favourite song

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 10:00 AM
we would ask the client what they wanted us to play, would also ask for deceased favourite song
That could, however provoke the reaction that Badger is trying to avoid :cry:

Have a disco
23-06-2006, 12:33 PM
A general disco where customers have ask a certain tune currently playing NOT to be due to a recent death

could not clarify this question much clearer

refuse to be provoked although a certain person is being tediously awkward/cantankerous about question in/at hand JUST ANSWER IT stop beating around the bush

Corabar Entertainment
23-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Badger - nobody is being cantankerous except you, and no-one is try to provoke you! - there was genuine confusion as to what you meant! :omg:

Have a disco
23-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Im sorry but continual questioning the question is starting to wind me up just wantng answers not continual digs because no one can understand me please note its not just 1 person at but several

beginning to feel that everything Im commenting on is a pure waste of time as Im feeling continually belittled by the big disco guys with there over inflated egos.. I HAVE ONE disco not 10 or 12 no wonder most just watch rather than participate to scared of being out commented or threaded by those on 1000+ threads

I think I'll just leave it to the Know it alls or so they think....

Sorry Angela Im taking some time out have enough worries without this hassle.. I will not be made to feel inferior to others

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 12:55 PM
If you were refering to me didn't I answer the question when I said....
wouldn't the logical thing to do be ask the client?????&
That could, however provoke the reaction that Badger is trying to avoid :cry:There was a genuine confusion about what the situation actually was, as this shows...
Your guess is as good as mine :teeth:

I would certainly ask the client before the gig just to make sure...best way!

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Im sorry but continual questioning the question is starting to wind me up just wantng answers not continual digs because no one can understand me please note its not just 1 person at but several
Please don't take this as a dig coz it isn't intended as one but.......

Maybe if you slowed down, thught about what you were typing & used some punctuation, the problem would not arise?

soundtracker
23-06-2006, 01:04 PM
I agree with Steve on this, its bad manners to write without punctuation, and leads to people getting confused as to the meaning.

i.e "Wanted, piano for old lady with carved legs"

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 01:13 PM
In fairness, they were only carved after she had her veins done :teeth:

I wouldn't say bad manners, but it does make it a lot easier for evryone else if you do use some punctuation.

soundtracker
23-06-2006, 01:26 PM
My English teacher always told us, that not using punctuation correctly, was bad manners, and would prevent us from ever becoming gentlemen! So there!!

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 01:30 PM
My English teacher always told us, that not using punctuation correctly, was bad manners, and would prevent us from ever becoming gentlemen! So there!!
That is besides the point & off topic. What would you do in the situation being discussed?

soundtracker
23-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Dunno! Didn't understand the question! :teeth:

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Come on, play fair.

soundtracker
23-06-2006, 01:44 PM
when there's a post like that I really can't be bothered.

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Come on, he's trying to ask a serious question. Just because someone isn't as eloquent as you dosen't mean you should ignore them.

soundtracker
23-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Its not a question of eloquence, if I dunno wot someone is on about, I'd rather not try to guess, and get it wrong.

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 01:55 PM
But it's been clarified now.
A general disco where customers have ask a certain tune currently playing NOT to be due to a recent death

could not clarify this question much clearer
Stop being pedantic.

soundtracker
23-06-2006, 01:57 PM
I ain't being pedantic - its gibberish, its has bad has Dudree!

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 02:00 PM
A disco where a member of the client's family is recently deceased. Would you ask what songs not to play or if there are any songs they'd rather you didn't play? Or is there another way you'd deal with it?

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 02:01 PM
its has bad has Dudree!It sin't has bad has that!

soundtracker
23-06-2006, 02:17 PM
A disco where a member of the client's family is recently deceased. Would you ask what songs not to play or if there are any songs they'd rather you didn't play? Or is there another way you'd deal with it?
Aah I see! Same as every function, ask for playlist and a list of those they don't want- Try and programme in some funerial favourites:

When I'm dead & Gone
Going Underground
Living in a box
Hole in the ground :teeth: :teeth:

Corabar Steve
23-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Behave yourself!