PDA

View Full Version : Terms/Insurance for Hire Equipment

Corabar Entertainment
13-03-2010, 03:09 PM
For those of you who hire out supplemental equipment, how do you handle the insurance?

ie: Do you have a term in your contract that states that the hirer will be responsible for insurance (as I've seen many do), or do you obtain insurance via your insurance company for each hirer and build it into your costs?

Similarly, if you hire in additional equipment for your use, has anyone specifically checked whether or not their insurance covers this?

Any and all info gratefully received! ;)

OllieJames
13-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Angie, not sure this is the same as what you've asked/said but - if I was to hire out some of my kit to a "fellow DJ" - what kind of insurance would I need to sort out, or would the other DJ need to have?

Danno13
13-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Hirer is responsible. Never seen it done any other way, infact I don't even think you can get insurance for equipment whilst its hired out.

SC Events
14-03-2010, 10:39 AM
This is what my insurance policy says (From DJ Guard):

Cover Outside Insured Location: Yes
Breakdown: Yes
Hire of Equipment: Yes
In Vehicle: Yes
Public Liability: 2 Million
Personal Accident: 10,000

All for 146 Pounds :D

Danno13
14-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Are you sure that doesn't mean they cover the cost to hire replacement equipment, should yours get stolen?

Pe7e
14-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Hirer is responsible. Never seen it done any other way, infact I don't even think you can get insurance for equipment whilst its hired out.

That's the way I do it too, I also take a cash security deposit to cover any likley damage to the kit. I'm also quite careful about who I hire kit to, although this isn't an exact science, it works foe me.