PDA

View Full Version : Impressive music library

Spirits High
17-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I've been looking at the idea of having an interactive music library similar to Dj Intelligence etc and whilst doing some "research" came across this which I must say is very impressive.

Could the web gurus let me know if this is easy (for them:D ) to build and install?

Do you need a separate client area to look after it?

And how do you put your music into the database so it knows what you've got, if you know what I mean ;)

Here's a linky, looking at the site it looks (even to me) CMS based.

http://www.makeitahit.co.uk/music_library/

discomobiledj
17-03-2010, 02:15 PM
I like that!

Reminisce disco
17-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I was looking at the exact same site last night, and have to say i'm pretty impressed as well. I would definitely use something similar.

DJ Frankie
17-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I think the guy who own this site was on one of the forums wasnt he?

Daryll
17-03-2010, 03:09 PM
That's cool.
it`s hard enough to get a flash front end to talk to a database at the best of times.
I would use that :D

Daryll

Charlie Brown
17-03-2010, 03:17 PM
I remember starting a thread about this guy/his website a while back.

I have been sad enough to order his brouchers/information pack. They are less impressive however. He is using Dynmos on some of the pictures. I think he is a pretty average DJ with a superb site.

Marc J
17-03-2010, 03:25 PM
It's a lot of work, world be better done with AJAX, using Flash just for the player. But it's still a lot of work.

Charlie Brown
17-03-2010, 04:27 PM
As not to :hijack:

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21149

If anyone is interested.

Spirits High
17-03-2010, 04:27 PM
It's a lot of work, world be better done with AJAX, using Flash just for the player. But it's still a lot of work.

Ok Marc, I take the unsubtle hint. I won't be emailing you to build me one :D :D

Marc J
17-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Ok Marc, I take the unsubtle hint. I won't be emailing you to build me one :D :D

LOL, you know how long it's taken for me to get to your current request - and that's just a few images (soon, I promise)!

This'd be a good project to get my teeth into, I just wish I had the time - shouldn't really complain, though :)

Spirits High
17-03-2010, 05:21 PM
LOL, you know how long it's taken for me to get to your current request - and that's just a few images (soon, I promise)!

Indeed :D :D :D :D

That reminds me, I need to email you something ;)

Marc J
17-03-2010, 06:40 PM
That reminds me, I need to email you something ;)

Last time I checked, you're not able to email me a kick up the :Censored: :D