PDA

View Full Version : Following on from 1st Dances

GrahamH
23-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Following on from the topic of whats played at weddings for the 1st dance.
I tend to play two more songs after the 1st dance to get people onto the dance floor the go straight in with Celebration by Cool and the Gang to get the reception started. what do other people start off with??

dj_ags
23-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Before the first dance, we will play Cliff Richard - Congratulations. When this is on, we request that all guests present form around the dancefloor and clap the bride and groom, who are standing in the middle. After around 30 seconds, we cut out of this and play their selected first dance track. After playing this, we play your choice of Kool and the Gang - Celebration, to kick the evening off.

Shaun
23-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Before the first dance, we will play Cliff Richard - Congratulations. When this is on, we request that all guests present form around the dancefloor and clap the bride and groom, who are standing in the middle. After around 30 seconds, we cut out of this and play their selected first dance track. After playing this, we play your choice of Kool and the Gang - Celebration, to kick the evening off.

Nice idea ags. I usually use "congratulations" for near the end of the night. Yours is a nice twist for getting everyone involved early on.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Didn't we have this thread a couple of days ago????

GrahamH
23-06-2006, 08:59 PM

i did do a search and came up blank...either that or was looking in the wrong place :embarasse :embarasse

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-06-2006, 09:03 PM
i did do a search and came up blank...either that or was looking in the wrong place :embarasse :embarasse

Sorry Graham, it was a similar thread, but not about weddings in particular..

Here.http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2491

Carry on though :)

GrahamH
23-06-2006, 09:04 PM
cheers darren

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-06-2006, 09:08 PM
OK, as I said in the other thread, if it's a mixed age wedding, I normally start with something poppy from the last few years, Sugababes, Madonna, Kylie etc and gradually build up to the real party tunes.

Paul James Promotions
23-06-2006, 09:36 PM
After the first dance, give the happy couple a competition...

Groom to get all the ladies onto dancefloor
Bride to drag all the guys up

Anything like S Club - Reach or DJ Otzi will usually work well.

Full dancefloor within 5 minutes, excellent :teeth:

Ricesnaps
23-06-2006, 09:39 PM
We usually play a second slow number - usually a choice from the bride and groom and invite there guests to come up and join them. usually very successful.

Another nice touch is playing there first dance as the last track of the night!

Corabar Entertainment
23-06-2006, 09:39 PM
After the first dance, give the happy couple a competition....... and what does the 'winner' get? :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
23-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Another nice touch is playing there first dance as the last track of the night!It's funny you should mention that, because Steve has done that a few times recently as the Bride & Groom are saying goodbye to their guests and leaving..... and every time they have commented on what a nice touch that was.

soundtracker
23-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah I do that as well sometimes!

ian8limelight
23-06-2006, 11:10 PM
We usually play a second slow number - usually a choice from the bride and groom and invite there guests to come up and join them. usually very successful.

Another nice touch is playing there first dance as the last track of the night!

Agree here as well. When I send out our Questionnaire, it asks for their 1st dance followed by their 2nd dance (with parents, etc).

I have occasionaly used there first dance at the end when they don't want an arch/circle, etc.

Corabar Entertainment
23-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Agree here as well. When I send out our Questionnaire, it asks for their 1st dance followed by their 2nd dance (with parents, etc)Our questionnaire differs slightly from yours in that it asks them if they want a 2nd or 3rd 'special' dance, and I have to say that almost all come back saying that they don't.

colinm345
24-06-2006, 12:17 AM

Yes we did

Corabar Steve
24-06-2006, 01:02 AM
It's funny you should mention that, because Steve has done that a few times recently as the Bride & Groom are saying goodbye to their guests and leaving..... and every time they have commented on what a nice touch that was.
OK answer for me, fine, see if I care, I'll just go & sit in a corner, maybe a dark room, not that it was that important anyway, would be nice to be able to speak for myself , oh well....

...........brain the size of a planet............ :sad:

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-06-2006, 01:33 AM
But you weren't here love!

Corabar Steve
24-06-2006, 01:46 AM
But you weren't here love!
LOVE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :omg:

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-06-2006, 01:49 AM
LOVE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :omg:

OK then darling.... :teeth: :rose: