PDA

View Full Version : Website Help

Starlight
20-03-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm having a problem updating my website. I currently use Dreamweaver V8, I update/edit the pages and when I upload to ftp and look at the updated website on IE, there's no changes! I even refresh the page by clicking ctrl and F5 at the same time but this doesn't update the page either. I then right-click the web page and look at the coding again and select 'view source' and lo and behold, it's the coding I had previously had before I did any editing

I'm puzzled why I'm having this issue because I've previously updated my website perfectly alright in the past. Do you think it's something to do with cookies? Or is it something else?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.

Neil..........

discomobiledj
20-03-2010, 04:46 PM
You are saving to the server aren't you, not locally?

Starlight
20-03-2010, 06:53 PM
You are saving to the server aren't you, not locally?
Mmm not sure mate. All I know is that I'm exporting the php page from Dreamweaver into my folder where I store all my web pages and then basically uploading the php page into both my www and public_html folders in my ftp, so presumably I'm saving it to the server :shrug:

Neil.....

Starlight
20-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Problem sorted out, it worked out that when I previously saved the web pages, it was the wrong formatting (Unicode, UTF-8 etc)

Neil.

Marc J
21-03-2010, 02:36 PM
All I know is that I'm exporting the php page from Dreamweaver into my folder where I store all my web pages and then basically uploading the php page into both my www and public_html folders in my ftp, so presumably I'm saving it to the server :shrug:

I think you'll probably find that you only need to upload to one or the other, as they are effectively the same location (www is a symbolic link to public_html, like a shortcut in Windows).