PDA

View Full Version : Line Dance suggestions

KrazyKaz
24-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Hi all

I'm doing my parents 50th wedding anniversary gig and my father has asked me to play some line dance stuff for some friends of theirs who go line dancing regularly.

Any ideas?

:teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Crazy K will be the best person to ask I reckon, but how about

Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy breaky heart or Mavericks - Dance the night away?

Corabar Entertainment
24-06-2006, 11:14 AM
We have done quite a few gigs for one particular family who are line-dancing mad! One of their favourites is "Yellow River": not the obvious choice, but works really well.

However, Crazy K is definitely your man for this one! :teeth:

BeerFunk
24-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Irish Stew is a really good one, don't know the artist as it was given to me on the night to play, with just 'Irish Stew' written on the CD-R

BeerFunk
24-06-2006, 11:43 AM
There is actually a line dance to Sugababes - Push The Button aswell, believe it or not!

Fresh
24-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Irish Stew is a really good one, don't know the artist as it was given to me on the night to play, with just 'Irish Stew' written on the CD-R

written on or remnants of

Sapphire Disco
24-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Try Shania Twain , Brookes & Dunne , Kimber Clayton.

BeerFunk
24-06-2006, 10:34 PM
written on or remnants of

??? Explain, please!? :)

Corabar Steve
25-06-2006, 08:54 AM
??? Explain, please!? :)
Irish stew on the CD I would assume.

How about Dwight Yoakam's version of Crazy little thing called love? I seem to recall it was used on an advert & there was line dancing involved.

CRAZY K
26-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Just picked up on this---all suggestions so far sound fine--Cotton Eyed Joe is another belter that gets used--might be a bit lively for this party though!

Used it last Saturday---madness!

Two steps forward-two steps back--Desert Rose Band--thats popular as well.

Man I feel like a woman--Shania--wow what a beat!

Baton Rouge--- Garth Brooks--

The list is endless-your best bet is to ASK the Line Dancers!

The reason is they will all have learnt Line Dances to different tracks---theres thousands of dances and tracks out there---just ask for 6 tracks they know they can dance to--otherwise you are not doing the job properly.

Dont forget you can play Cowboy Macarena --Groove Grass Boys--- complete with fiddles and Yee Has---same as the ordinary dance so no practice needed :teeth:

I always play it at Country Discos :teeth:

CRAZY K