PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Court House, East Molesey

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I have a wedding there next week in the conservatory and was wondering if anyone has worked there before as it's a new venue to me and not very local either.

I will email them, but any info would be great on loading access, parking, room in the venue etc

Ta.

Tony Scott
25-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Sounds like a great gig Darren... :approve:

....... never worked there but I regularly play in a conservatory at a venue down here, it's fine at this time of year so you should have no problems with light but in the summer when it's light till 10:30 it can be a real pain, something to consider if you get booked there in the height of summer! :)

These were taken at 8:30pm:

funkymook
25-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Haven't worked in that particular venue, but I live fairly near there.
One thing to watch out for is traffic - not sure which way your coming from but it can get quite logged up around that area especially if there's any racing or events on at Kempton Race Course or Hampton Court.

wensleydale
26-03-2010, 06:26 PM
I've been there.
Nice venue but access to the conservatory is a pain.
You cant get your vehicle round the side so either have to go through the house or through the kitchen.
It's a bit of a walk and is much worse if there are guests/staff about.
Let me know if you need any other info.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I've been there.
Nice venue but access to the conservatory is a pain.
You cant get your vehicle round the side so either have to go through the house or through the kitchen.
It's a bit of a walk and is much worse if there are guests/staff about.
Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks Rich. I'll try and get some help. Can you wheel stuff through?

rob1963
27-03-2010, 10:23 AM

I'm not working next weekend, Darren, and the venue only 20 minutes from me, so I can help if you like.

wensleydale
27-03-2010, 11:33 AM

We ended up carrying it all- if I remember correctly it has lots of single steps up and down.
The "Kitchen" option is fairly narrow passageway and the "house" option is slightly longer.
Strangely there is a track around the side which you could take the van through if it wasnt for a bollard or two- when I asked whether the bollards moved and I could get the car down the side they looked at me as if I was mad and claimed no-one else had ever asked the same.

The other thing which could make life a little unpleasant is that as its completely glass if its still light theres no way of making it dark.
If that makes sense.

Not a bad size venue though, although there is a large room next door where they eat so it's not an "all in one room" venue which I tend to prefer.

Hope it goes well.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-03-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm not working next weekend, Darren, and the venue only 20 minutes from me, so I can help if you like.

Don't you threaten me Rob...:lol:

I am awaiting a reply from one of my guys,, but will let you know - thanks for the offer. :thumbsup:

Not a bad size venue though

What size show would be OK Rich? I don't really want to take a sub by the sounds of the access. Would 2-4 lighting effects be OK do you think?

rob1963
27-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Don't you threaten me Rob...:lol:

:Laugh:

I am awaiting a reply from one of my guys,, but will let you know - thanks for the offer. :thumbsup:

No problem.

wensleydale
27-03-2010, 03:29 PM
about the same size of the pics tony posted above by the looks of them.
wouldnt have thought you need a sub or more than 3/4 lights.
think they let you use smoke too which is unusual these days.

Corabar Steve
04-04-2010, 11:23 AM
How did it go?

Excalibur
04-04-2010, 11:40 AM
How did it go?

And did Rob assist the Maestro? If he did, could he lift the speakers? Or had he got lucky at the singles night, and was unavailable? ? We need to know these things. ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-04-2010, 01:55 PM
How did it go?

Best night so far this year without doubt.

I did their first dance at just after 8pm and finished at 12 and the floor was near enough full the whole time. Most guests were late twenties through to late thirties and they just drank and danced the whole night.

It was a bit of a sod to get in to as well....

The only drawback was the fact that I was set up in a conservatory and it was really echoey.

funkymook
26-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I used search and came up trumps!

I'm here in August - Darren did you use/need a sub in the end?

Any more advice on the place?

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-01-2012, 09:11 PM
I used search and came up trumps!

I'm here in August - Darren did you use/need a sub in the end?

Any more advice on the place?

No, didn't need a sub. It's a high ceiling, but quite a small place (the conservatory)

Access is not great. You park your van to the side of the main building, go down a small path, down some steps (they have a ramp you can borrow) and this takes you into the kitchen area. When you're setting up, you'll be fighting with waiters etc to try and get through, but they were all really friendly from what I can remember. When you get to the end of the short corridor, there's a few more steps to go up.

It's not overly far, but just a bit awkward.

wensleydale
26-01-2012, 09:13 PM
No, didn't need a sub. It's a high ceiling, but quite a small place (the conservatory)

Access is not great. You park your van to the side of the main building, go down a small path, down some steps (they have a ramp you can borrow) and this takes you into the kitchen area. When you're setting up, you'll be fighting with waiters etc to try and get through, but they were all really friendly from what I can remember. When you get to the end of the short corridor, there's a few more steps to go up.

It's not overly far, but just a bit awkward.

I think the easier option is to go through the house if there are waiters around, but it's all much of a muchness.

funkymook
26-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Cheers Darren :beer1: :beer1:

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I think the easier option is to go through the house if there are waiters around, but it's all much of a muchness.

I seem to remember that being a bit further with more sets of steps. I remember the venue 'cos the booking was really good.

Got a bit of footage on my website from there too.

funkymook
26-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Should be able to get a visit during half term (won't allow one during school time) so I'll check both ways in, will be setting up in the morning so shouldn't have to dodge any waiters.

Thanks for the video - that gives me a good idea of the space.

Cheers guys, much appreciated.

wensleydale
27-01-2012, 06:06 AM
I seem to remember that being a bit further with more sets of steps. I remember the venue 'cos the booking was really good.

Got a bit of footage on my website from there too.

It was, but wider doors etc and no staff!
Went in through the house and out through the kitchen!