PDA

View Full Version : DJ Event planner users

Spirits High
29-03-2010, 09:14 AM
I know there's a few forum members that use DJEP for their "housekeeping".

Question is do you use the email system it has incorporated with it or use your normal default one?

If you do use the DJEP one , any glitches, good/ bad points?

Thanks in advance

Steve the DJ
29-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Question is do you use the email system it has incorporated with it or use your normal default one?

I have been using both but it gets very confusing so I have starting spending some qulity time setting it up correctly and will shortly move over to using the DJEP system only.

If you do use the DJEP one , any glitches, good/ bad points?

I think it is excellent, it stores each email you send on a clients file and can automatically send out emails to remind clients about payments, choocing music etc.

I haven't had any problems yet and when I send an email manually through the system I always select "BCC - [email protected]" so I get a copy to make sure it has gone.

Spirits High
29-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for that Steve.

I was thinking that it would have to be one system or the other as like you say it could get very confusing :D

Steve the DJ
29-03-2010, 10:16 AM
The only problem I have keeping track now is when people email me directly, i.e. via [email protected] which is the general email address I publish or if they reply to a DJEP generated message because neither go into DJEP but do end up in my normal inbox.

So DJEP is great for keeping tabs on what correspondance you generate but doesn't help you track any responses, so you have to use Outlook as well and can never totally entrust DJEP.

Still, it does far more than DJi for less money so can't complain... :D

Alex
29-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm currently using DJEP and have to admit, I think it's fantastic!

Only glitches I've found are :

Contact Number is NOT a required field, so they don't have to put it in (Same as email address)
Invoicing - Can't find a place to print off invoices for ad-hoc events...

BEFORE using DJEP, I was using a system called Atrex from Millenium Software.
have used it for about 8 years now and it's fantastic POS / Inventory / Invoicing software... unfortunately It lacks a calendar feature.

Spirits High
29-03-2010, 11:11 AM

Contact Number is NOT a required field, so they don't have to put it in (Same as email address)

Alex , if you go into "website tools" and the request info form it should be a required feld , it is on mine :confused:

Just had a quick look at your site. It seems you're using the "contact" form opposed to the "request info" form. If you swap them over you'll get the fields you want

yourdj
30-03-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm currently using DJEP and have to admit, I think it's fantastic!

Invoicing - Can't find a place to print off invoices for ad-hoc events...

BEFORE using DJEP, I was using a system called Atrex from Millenium Software.
have used it for about 8 years now and it's fantastic POS / Inventory / Invoicing software... unfortunately It lacks a calendar feature.

i would like to have a closer look at this. i was thinking of setting up my own php system but its allot of work.

Can you please set up that password for me and i will have a go.

Your demoing it at the next meeting by the way :)

Spirits High
31-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Well as you probably know DJEP is now fully integrated to the site.

Going to start inputting all the bookings onto it now, how much fun is that going to be.....not! :D :D