PDA

View Full Version : Multiple websites, Good idea?

charlie
31-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Hey guys,

I have been working hard on my website http://www.prodiscohire.com for a while now.

I am now thinking about doing a wedding specific site, very elegant and plain and also a kids disco website, funky colours etc.

I was just wondering if anyone has done this and does it work better for you? Is it hard to keep things organised with emails etc?

Any advice would be great

Alex
31-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Heya Charlie....

Have to admit, keeping emails tidy and organised is a nightmare with multiple sites.... it does get very tricky.
I use Thunderbird for all mine and have finally got organised with them... but it's taken a while.

I suppose it depends on how organised a person you are! :) hehe

With regards to multiple sites, there are pro's and cons....

Without going into too much details, the main things are : you can personalise each site for different sections of your company, like weddings, 18th parties, corparate gigs.... etc.... which is a good thing to some extent
On the downside, it can be confusing to the customer.... and in the long run, thats not a good thing.

Mutiple domains are a good idea, and perhaps copying your site to each domain is a good idea.... you can then use the domain name and page descriptions to manipulate your rankings in the search engines... techinically the more sites you have, the more chance of getting in google are.... in theory!!!!

I currently use a few domains.... alexentertainment.co.uk / portsmouthparties.co.uk / hampshire-disco.co.uk / magicportsmouth.co.uk / kidspartyhampshire.co.uk / mobilediscoportsmouth.com

Hope some of that helped.... it's 3:30am and I'm still awake so my brain might not be as switched on as I think (I'll re-read this tomorrow and check! LOL)

Kind Regards

Alex

yourdj
31-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Hope some of that helped.... it's 3:30am and I'm still awake so my brain might not be as switched on as I think (I'll re-read this tomorrow and check! LOL)

Kind Regards

Alex

ha! its 3.50 am on my watch and im still editing my site :D
with the help of my good friend Captain Morgan & snackerjacks.

nothing better than an honest site where the client can get to know you without having to call you as i hate phones :mad:

http://www.yourdj.co.uk/

get in to the mind set of your customer as deliver them what they want, not what you think they want.
there are far too many sites with pics of empty dancefloors and light shows going on etc.

Alex
31-03-2010, 02:54 AM
I'm just buzzing off the 4 litres of cola I'm drinking and the chocy biccies.... capt morg will send me to sleep! :)....... ohhh just found beer in my fridge..... hehe

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-03-2010, 08:24 AM
nothing better than an honest site where the client can get to know you without having to call you

Not sure I agree with that. How on earth can you convey as much emotion on a website or email as you can by speaking to someone?

Answer: You can't.