PDA

View Full Version : Just Finished New Website

funksoulbrother
02-04-2010, 04:09 AM
After working on it for a while, my new website is now up and running, at last. All comments, good and bad, gratefully accepted, I've got skin as thick as a rhino's.

Thanks, Richard

http://www.phoenixentertainments.com

discomobiledj
02-04-2010, 07:56 AM
Menu is screwed, needs centralising, photos are screwed, look very messy being here there and everywhere. Text needs aligning rather than being all over the place.

What's the point of a gallery when you have them all over your site?

FAQ page. Move your answers to the next line.

If you want some help on your Mr Site website (and you will!) look at www.theunofficialforum.co.uk for tips to get rid of the Mr Site links etc.

StarZSoundS
02-04-2010, 08:06 AM
After working on it for a while, my new website is now up and running, at last. All comments, good and bad, gratefully accepted, I've got skin as thick as a rhino's.

Thanks, Richard

http://www.phoenixentertainments.com

May be going out on a limb here Richard....but I like it a lot...There is no need to have a thick skin....

I'll PM you later with why I think it's good!!;) ;)

Shaun
02-04-2010, 08:36 AM
May be going out on a limb here Richard....but I like it a lot...There is no need to have a thick skin....

Why PM? :confused:

The forum is about exchanging ideas and opinion.

discomobiledj
02-04-2010, 08:43 AM

Bizarre. Coming from someone who doesn't have a website.

StarZSoundS
02-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Why PM? :confused:

The forum is about exchanging ideas and opinion.

I'm going to get into trouble again!!

Its not cluttered....

Its Personal.....

Its a quick read ....but reassures me that he is proffessional.

It is aimed at the client and not other DJ's.

Why do DJ's seek to list their equipment ...its only going to mean something if there is another DJ attending.:confused: :confused: (When you take an Anadin Extra....do you ever read that little slip which tells you what went into it......no.....because it probably wouldn't mean anything to you).

I could see none of the things that Nigel Slayer mentioned ....but then I don't have a trained eye......and the chances are neither will the potential customer. ;) ;)

Shaun....you did ask....I'm not trolling....Honest!!:) :)

StarZSoundS
02-04-2010, 08:52 AM

Precisely......

Shaun is encouraging me to post...probably from a Consumers point of view.

Why Bizarre??:bang: :bang: Checks with Mods that is ok for me to have an opinion??

I have never claimed to have one!!

Mark Wild
02-04-2010, 08:59 AM

Not really, I initially thought that but on reflection it's still an opinion, not a technical opinion but an opinion none the less. :)

Shaun
02-04-2010, 09:05 AM

What does that have to do with it? You don't need to have a website to have a personal opinion about websites.

Not really, I initially thought that but on reflection it's still an opinion, not a technical opinion but an opinion none the less. :)

Edit:

Precisely!

StarZSoundS
02-04-2010, 09:11 AM
What does that have to do with it? You don't need to have a website to have a personal opinion about websites.

Edit:

Precisely!

So heres another one for you...

Marks new website ......purely for Weddings was outstanding.

Slick.....Personal.....Uncluterred....Informative. ..

From a Consumers point of view...and isn't that who we are trying to impress!!

Hell.....It made me want to move to :Censored: Scotland and get :Censored: married for the third :Censored: time!!

Tony Scott
02-04-2010, 09:13 AM
..... (When you take an Anadin Extra....do you ever read that little slip which tells you what went into it......no.....because it probably wouldn't mean anything to you).....

I do, I take out the little slip in the super market, read the active ingredients then buy a generic version at about a fifth of the cost..... every penny counts you know! :D :D

Each tablet contains 300mg of Aspirin, 200mg of Paracetamol and 45mg of Caffeine..... nothing special there!

BTW I found the website a little sparse but does the job well enough... :)

Marc J
02-04-2010, 09:15 AM
I agree with everything in post #2.

All but the mrsite text in your footer is invisible until highlighted, for some reason.

The text on the page after an incorrect contact form submisson is also invisible (I didn't try a correct submission). But then if I were a potential client that wouldn't matter as I personally wouldn't have got as far as submitting your contact form...

funksoulbrother
02-04-2010, 09:15 AM
thank you for any comments, GOOD or BAD

:ontopic: :thanks:

rob1963
02-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Overall, it looks pretty good to me.

My biggest problem is the page/menu buttons & everything about them.

I think they should be at the top of the page, either in the banner (like on my site) or immediately below it. I also think they should be larger, bolder & have some kind of proper buttons around them so they stand out more.

On the contact page, I'd simplify the contact form to make it more versatile.

Hope this helps.

:)

funksoulbrother
02-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Steve-discomobiledj
Thanks your comments are appreciated, re:menu, photos and text, I'll be looking into that. With regards to the gallery and photos, I thought I would use pictures as sometimes "a picture says a thousand words" and seeing people enjoying themselves, might make them stay longer on the site and encourage them to contact.

Tony
Thanks for your feedback, do you find it sparse in content, information, what more would you like more of.

Marc J
Footer problem noted and on "to do" list. I am having slight problems with the Contact page at the moment. With regards to your last sentence of your post, could you explain your reasoning, thanks

Rob
Cheers for your comments, yes the menu/page buttons have been a bit of a thing with me as well, they have been moved about a few times, but I'm still not happy with them, Contact page comments noted.

Thank you all,
Richard

Tony Scott
02-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Tony
Thanks for your feedback, do you find it sparse in content, information, what more would you like more of......

No the content and info is spot on, it's just the overall look is a bit 2 dimensional. I think it would help to bring it all together if there were a border around the page and the banner at the top. Also the navigation buttons need to look more solid, more like buttons not just blocks? :)

funksoulbrother
02-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks Tony, comments appreciated, I have played about with several headers which I had sort of liked, but got annoyed with because I couldn't get the font style right, so that it made an impact to the viewer (I was probably too tired as I've spent many a late night and early morning trying to get things right). So yes that is another thing that is on the "to do" list. Once again the buttons are to be sorted.

Thanks Richard:(

funksoulbrother
02-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Well, I've changed the background of the site, I think it gives it a bit of depth, also changed the style of the page/menu buttons making them stand out, not sure whether to keep them where they are or move them to vertical on the left. The FAQ's I've done as Steve-discomobiledj suggested.

Other bits mentioned:( , I've still to do.

:) getting there;)

Charlie Brown
02-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes...it's getting there.

Similar to some of the pictures on my site - I think a few of them look a bit "tacky."

For example - the girl sticking up her middle finger?

I prefer the new background. :approve:

Menu still looks a tad odd?

Marc J
02-04-2010, 02:23 PM
if I were a potential client that wouldn't matter as I personally wouldn't have got as far as submitting your contact form...

Marc J
...With regards to your last sentence of your post, could you explain your reasoning, thanks

If I were a potential client, your website doesn't make me want to contact you - it's not well made or attractive, and doesn't portray a professional image.

funksoulbrother
02-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi Charlie, thanks for your comments, I think if you look at the photo again you will see that it is her index finger that she is pointing (unless she's got 5 fingers and a thumb) should have gone to Specsavers lol.

Thanks Marc for you honest opinion, I thought it looked ok and reasonably professional, then again, as I've said in a previous comment on here about someone's website that you designed " if mine looks half as good as this, I'd be happy". You guys set the level of the bar, and I am no match to that.

thanks Richard:eek: