PDA

View Full Version : Kids Fayre

Mayhem 1
08-04-2010, 07:47 AM
I have always wondered why there is nothing like a fayre for children.

At a wedding fayre you have all the various suppliers of all things wedding so how come somebody has never done the same thing for childrens parties/primary schools?

Maybe I should put one on!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Probably because a wedding is one of the biggest days of your lives and very expensive and kids parties...., well, aren't either really.

Charlie Brown
08-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I agree with Darren.

I don't think there is a market for it. :(

DJ Jules
08-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Probably because a wedding is one of the biggest days of your lives and very expensive and kids parties...., well, aren't either really.

Hmm, I did my 2yr olds party "On the cheap" a couple of weeks ago - total cost, £320.00.

It's actually big business, not wedding size business, but big regardless. Party costs can easily exceed £600 if you hire a hall, have a disco/entertainer, get a bouncy castle and pay someone else to do the catering and party bags.

I've been to a couple of very successful kids party fayres and they do attract people, but you need to choose your area very carefully as you're really targetting the high end of the market as the lower end will not plan their kids party more than a week in advance - or be looking to spend significant amounts of money.

Julian

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Hmm, I did my 2yr olds party "On the cheap" a couple of weeks ago - total cost, £320.00.

It's actually big business, not wedding size business, but big regardless. Party costs can easily exceed £600 if you hire a hall, have a disco/entertainer, get a bouncy castle and pay someone else to do the catering and party bags.

I've been to a couple of very successful kids party fayres and they do attract people, but you need to choose your area very carefully as you're really targetting the high end of the market as the lower end will not plan their kids party more than a week in advance - or be looking to spend significant amounts of money.

Julian

It's not big business in comparison to weddings, hence my comments. Kids parties are not a major event in comparison to weddings either.

Vectis
09-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Kids parties are not a major event in comparison to weddings either.

Neither are proms. But they're catching up fast, with some parents lashing out stupid amounts on dresses, limo hire etc..

Properly targeted and marketed I think you might be on to something Mayhem :)

I don't think we're talking posh hotel, lots of high-profile suppliers here but maybe the afternoon hire of a hall which is popular for kids party hire, get a disco in there, couple of clowns, bouncy castle and lots of giveaways to tempt the little darlings in. Maybe even run something alongside a big outdoor event - any school fetes coming up? maybe a spare hall at the school that could be hired to coincide?

StarZSoundS
09-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Neither are proms. But they're catching up fast, with some parents lashing out stupid amounts on dresses, limo hire etc..

Properly targeted and marketed I think you might be on to something Mayhem :)

I don't think we're talking posh hotel, lots of high-profile suppliers here but maybe the afternoon hire of a hall which is popular for kids party hire, get a disco in there, couple of clowns, bouncy castle and lots of giveaways to tempt the little darlings in. Maybe even run something alongside a big outdoor event - any school fetes coming up? maybe a spare hall at the school that could be hired to coincide?

No need.

Just had a storming Bank Holiday Monday at a local club.....

No Clown...Bouncy Castle....etc...JUST ME!!

Gave out 14 Business Cards AND took a nice fee as well.:beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Just convince your local club that you are doing them a favour....getting folk through the door.

You've got time....Another on in early MAY!!:D :D :D :D :D

DJ Jules
10-04-2010, 08:52 AM
I was going to mention This (http://www.little-monster.co.uk/) as this is now a yearly event in Bristol - but isn't targetted specifically at kids parties, just parenting in general from pre-birth to about 5yrs of age.

We went along a couple of years ago and it was very busy, but a lot of the trade was around what could be seen as the "trendy baby" products - i.e. custom built strollers costing £800+ and home birthing pools and the like. But there were quite a few kids party organisers/entertainers (Sing and Sign, Party Princesses, etc) advertising there as well as a couple of bouncy castle suppliers.

Julian