PDA

View Full Version : Hello, stokeEntertainment.com here

stokeentertainment
28-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Sorry, I posted in the Trading area before this one. I deserve a slap :)

Well, I'm not really new and I thought I had registered for this forum already but I must have just dreamed it all.

So hello to you all and I hope you're all well

Cheers,

Matt.

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Sorry, I posted in the Trading area before this one. I deserve a slap :)

Well, I'm not really new and I thought I had registered for this forum already but I must have just dreamed it all.

So hello to you all and I hope you're all well

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi Matt

Perhaps you'd like to let us know what you are all about?

Welcome to the forum :)

Shaun
28-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Trading before intros?. If you promise to visit (and post) regularly it may be overlooked. :p :)

Hope to see you around the forum Matt. Welcome to the community. :beer: ;)

stokeentertainment
28-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Well, I thought I was the only person on these forums in this very late hour and, once again, someone has made me type even more just as I was about to get some zzz's :)

Okay, well, I've been a DJ for a few years now. I did all that residency thing at a couple of places but decided to go mobile. Been working on all kinds of DJ software packages ever since I started to DJ because I could never find something that did everything I wanted. Ever since, I've been programming like crazy until many of the early hours that only a few people see :) much like tonight really!

I used to work at Royal Mail as a manager in Stoke-on-Trent, but I happily took voluntary redudancy (ker-ching) in Christmas 2005. A bad move? Maybe and maybe not. It's been difficult to find another full time job even with my mangerial experience so I've been working on liveDJpro, a new software package, and trying to get as many DJ gigs in as possible. So if anyone has any techy jobs available, let me know! :)

The above text is exactly the reason why I might knock the DJ side of my web site on the head and move to Ormskirk with my lovely girlfriend. So this might be my last year of DJing, at least for a while. ormskirkentertainment.com doesn't quite have the same ring to it :)

So who wants to place a bid for stokeentertainment.com? Just jokin'!

So that's me for now ...

Matt.

BeerFunk
28-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Hoooo-k.... :)

Welcome Matt,

Might read that again tomorrow to take it all in... :omg:

;)

Shaun
28-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Well, I thought I was the only person on these forums in this very late hour and, once again, someone has made me type even more just as I was about to get some zzz's :)

Welcome to our little insomniacs club :D

stokeentertainment
28-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Wow, there's more of you up at 2AM! Come on now, you can't all be just in this forum :)

Actually, I wanted to do another post to see if my signature looked okay :)

Matt.

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-06-2006, 01:06 AM
It looks fine, but you may want to check the rules with regards to signatures though...

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-06-2006, 01:06 AM
I'm far too slow obviously...

Shaun
28-06-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm far too slow obviously...

Already taken care off...catch up Darren :D

stokeentertainment
28-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Yes, sorry, I didn't mean to span three screens with my banner, sorry :)

Shaun
28-06-2006, 01:11 AM
No worries mate ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Tsk, people who aren't drinking...

Shaun
28-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Tsk, people who aren't drinking...

Who says I'm not. :beer:

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-06-2006, 01:17 AM
Who says I'm not. :beer:

You're in Scotland - you're probably eating a deep fried Mars bar or something now..... :teeth: :beer:

Shaun
28-06-2006, 01:25 AM
don't forget the whiskey chaser.

Corabar Entertainment
28-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi Matt & welome to the forum :teeth: :teeth: :beer:

soundtracker
28-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Hello Matt & Welcome!

Paul James Promotions
28-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Greetings Matt

Corabar Steve
28-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Well I was asleep last night anyway :sleep:

Welcome Matt :teeth: :thumbs_up

stokeentertainment
28-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Awww, I feel so welcome, just like you're all my family. And since you're all my family, who wants to babysit for me tonight? :)

Matt.

Alex - Cream Ents
28-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Hello Matt, and welcome - I was awake at 2 o clock last night, but unfortunately loading out of a student event drenched in sweat...!

stokeentertainment
28-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Nice :)

At least it's not as warm as it was a few weeks back. I was about an hour into a gig, at least 30 degrees C in the top floor of a medium size building, and the laptop overheats, never to return :omg:

An important phonecall and an ambulance-style journey to my house later, the desktop PC was ripped out of its sockets, the monitor was pulled out of the plasterboard and the night was saved :)

Alex - Cream Ents
28-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Ha ha!! Quality, well not really but makes good reading! Yes a couple of weeks ago circa 30 degrees I had a party in the afternoon in a very hot room, followed by a swift de-rig and then off to the Hilton Northampton for another gig in the evening - I think I lost a stone in fluid...

BeerFunk
28-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Nice :)

At least it's not as warm as it was a few weeks back. I was about an hour into a gig, at least 30 degrees C in the top floor of a medium size building, and the laptop overheats, never to return :omg:
What says thee to that, Mr Solitaire?? :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-06-2006, 12:55 PM
What says thee to that, Mr Solitaire?? :teeth:

Should've had a spare laptop to hand.... :teeth:

I've still never had heating issues, but would suggest a cooling pad if you do suffer from this....

In fact, the last couple of weeks, I've been in old non-air condtioned buildings and still no problems!