PDA

View Full Version : darn PC

Daryll
18-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Well my PC once again shut down last night , only once , and the timing was ok , right at the end of a song , so as luck would have it I had a CD all cued up ( same genre :D ) so no one even knew there was a problem.

The PC will announce that windows is shutting down , like a normal shut down , its a new PC and the only things on it are XP pro and ultramixer , attached are the denon 4500 , and a powered hub with mouse and small illuminated keyboard.
now that illuminated keyboard did play up before the re-start , some keys were producing symbols instead of letters , then the keyboard went dark , I tried different USB sockets on the hub , the keyboard flashed on and then went black , I then plugged it directly into the PC , seemed to work , but now and again the volume control would come up on the screen ,then windows media would pop up :mad: , it did work for the rest of the night , but I was getting a tad paranoid in case it happened again.
any ideas guys and gals . I dont have another gig until 1st may , so I really need to get this sorted :)

Cheers

Daryll

notroubleclubber
18-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Id say the keyboard was up the swanny or the hub is.

Can you not just plug straight into the pc and not use the hub? I tend not to use them as i always have problems with them.

djdave01
18-04-2010, 11:39 AM
i used to have an illuminated keyboard, it played up on me within a few weeks of buying it from ebay. changed back to a normal keyboard, that im still using 2 years later.
dont use hubs either, if you need more usb ports, add an internal card.

Daryll
18-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys.
advise taken and acted on it , I`ll use a full size keyboard with a small goose light attached to the consul case.

Daryll

James
18-04-2010, 12:33 PM
If your keyboard is producing numbers and squiggles instead of letters, it's usually the Num Lock key has been pressed accidentally.

No idea why the pc is shutting down, it could be a number of reasons, if anyone knew the answer to that, they'd be a rich man/woman