PDA

View Full Version : What to do with groups starting with "the" in your books?

The_Blue_Dragon
18-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi people,
I'm currently redoing my karaoke books but there are some things that I don't know what to do about. What do you do about groups with "The" at the beginning of their names?

The Real Thing
The Darkness
The Cars
The Darts etc etc

Do you just list them with the "The" or remove it? If you list it with the "The" you end up with pages and pages but I want it to be tidy and easy to use

womble
18-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Remove it. Put ", The" at the end.

If you're on a mac and use kJams, the software does this for you.

Vectis
18-04-2010, 06:08 PM

If you're on a mac and use kJams, the software does this for you.

What about The The ?

:sofa:

(or as they're known in Yorkshire, T't :) )

BeerFunk
18-04-2010, 06:13 PM

If you're on a mac and use kJams, the software does this for you.This is what I used to do.

The trouble is that some bands are referred to with or without 'the' preceding the name, and some always use it - like 'The Jam'. And then there is 'The Prodigy', who became just 'Prodigy' in 1996 (not that you'll have too many from them in your books :p).

If people go to the T section looking for 'The Beatles', I'm sure most of them will quickly work out to look in the B section instead :confused: :D

Alchemy
18-04-2010, 06:14 PM
What about The The ?

:sofa:

(or as they're known in Yorkshire, T't :) )

:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

Daryll
18-04-2010, 06:15 PM
where practical I leave out the "The" , so I have folders called " foundations" , "drifters" , "jam" etc

And The The have their folder :D :D

Daryll

Kernow
18-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Just remember Who doesn't have a question mark ;)
Makes it look like you don't know their identity :D

rob1963
18-04-2010, 11:53 PM
where practical I leave out the "The" , so I have folders called " foundations" , "drifters" , "jam" etc

Same here.

A have removed "The" and "A" from all groups AND titles starting with either of those words.

Fortunately, I don't have anything by The The!

:D