PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining a WIDE age range...........

Alex
27-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Hey Hey guys,

Ok my first post in this section, so here I go... I need help :)

On Friday, I am going to be doing a Navy gig .... a "Family Fun Day" on a big ship. We leave at 9, and get back about 3.

During the day myself and my childrens entertainer have been asked to do 2 shows... both lasting about 90 minutes.
This normally wouldn't be a problem, however I am a little concerned with his line up as it's aimed very much towards 4-7 yr olds.

He does very basic magic, and very simple sing-a-longs. His party games are great for youngsters but not for the older range.

So my question would be......... can you give me any ideas to suggest to him to help entertain the older kids?

I'm looking at the age range of 8 - 12yr olds.... I'm sure they don't want to be on stage singing " B I N G O, was his name-O" or " Old McDonald Had a farm "

At the end of the gig, we'll be having a 30-45 minute disco which I will be running, so music wise I'm happy I'll be ok for their age group... it's just the magic act and games!

Ideas anyone???

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Alex - there is loads of information about this if you have a little browse in the childrens entertainer forum or use the search forum.