PDA

View Full Version : Website ... where to go with this...

WWDJ
29-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Ok, so a few of you have seen that I am trying to up my game and move into the wedding market for 2011 so i need to start now getting all aspects improved.

i've always gone under the name "Wired for Sound Disco" (20 years), which i think shouts cheezy disco loud and clear (not what i'm trying to portray). When i picked up the DJing a couple of years ago I knocked up a quick website which is functional and allowed anyone who I gave a card to contact we via the web and see what i do. There are no keywords and i am not linked to search engines. (although google finds it with a Wired For Sound Disco search.)

So let's put this out there. The website is http://www.wfsd.co.uk

Criticisms expected and appreciated. This is a work in progress and a journey.

I don't have a budget for this but i do have time and I am willing to learn.

Cheers

Dave

sweetie
29-04-2010, 02:54 PM
I quite like it. Not as busy and cluttered as a lot of sites and the logo is pretty cool. Perhaps not best suited to the wedding market but you could always do another site for that!

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-04-2010, 03:19 PM
The colours are somewhat reminiscent of a childrens website if you see what I mean!

Clean and uncluttered but a little bit uninspiring.

WWDJ
29-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I quite like it. Not as busy and cluttered as a lot of sites and the logo is pretty cool. Perhaps not best suited to the wedding market but you could always do another site for that!

The thought behind the logo was the cheesy traffic lights you can get from Maplin. i do have cards and polo shirts with the embroidered logo though these are looking a little worn now so a change may be good.

The colours are somewhat reminiscent of a childrens website if you see what I mean!

i know exactly what you mean which is why it needs improving. How would it inspire you more ? :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-04-2010, 03:37 PM
The thought behind the logo was the cheesy traffic lights you can get from Maplin. i do have cards and polo shirts with the embroidered logo though these are looking a little worn now so a change may be good.

i know exactly what you mean which is why it needs improving. How would it inspire you more ? :D

A little more information - make it a bit deeper.

Charlie Brown
29-04-2010, 05:58 PM

:agree:

A bit more detail....could you not choose one colour as opposed to a variety?

WWDJ
29-04-2010, 06:27 PM
:agree:

A bit more detail....could you not choose one colour as opposed to a variety?

Perhaps stick with one of the colours flowing through to each page rather than lots. I think that i ought to introduce more menu items too and move them to the top right.

More feedback everyone please. You can be downright rude if you like, as even though this is my own work i'm not protective of it.

Jiggles
29-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I like it. Simple, clean and effective. :) More content is needed but other than that its nice :)