PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Botanical Gardens

CRAZY K
04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Anyone know if access is a problem generally for Weddings.

Been asked to quote but sounds errr awkward somehow:confused:

Thanks in advance;)

DiscoPromotions
04-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Anyone know if access is a problem generally for Weddings.

Been asked to quote but sounds errr awkward somehow:confused:

Thanks in advance;)

Once place I have never done. I will ask around for you.

Jiggles
04-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Deleted your double post. :)

Danno13
04-05-2010, 11:04 PM
There are two rooms - one (The garden room I think it's called) is on the ground floor and access is via 3-4 outside steps which you can reverse right up to, then 2m to a fire escape, about 4m to another set of double doors, then 2m to another 4-5 steps up onto a stage. Fairly easy to be honest. I stick the sack truck at the top of the first set of steps, load from the van and wheel pretty much straight to the stage.

I've been told there's an upstairs room too, but I've never been in it.

This is the downstairs room -

http://www.revolution-djs.co.uk/getpic.php?image=September%20Weddings/DSCI0193.jpg&size=500

JDB Entertainment
05-05-2010, 12:08 AM
As Dan said, there is two rooms.

Both are fairly sized and easy access.

Dan posted the smaller of the two rooms, here is a picture of the bigger room.

It stretches right down to the left, however this shows you the Dance Floor Area.

Not the best picture. (infact took 2 years ago and a lot has changed since with my rig!)

http://yfrog.com/9fjdbbigrig1j

Got a few video's and also better pictures of the whole room if you want them I will email them you.

So need anymore information, drop me a call and I can help you out. :)

James

deltic
05-05-2010, 05:25 AM
looks like a pretty decent room

CRAZY K
05-05-2010, 08:50 AM
As Dan said, there is two rooms.

Both are fairly sized and easy access.

Dan posted the smaller of the two rooms, here is a picture of the bigger room.

It stretches right down to the left, however this shows you the Dance Floor Area.

Not the best picture. (infact took 2 years ago and a lot has changed since with my rig!)

http://yfrog.com/9fjdbbigrig1j

Got a few video's and also better pictures of the whole room if you want them I will email them you.

So need anymore information, drop me a call and I can help you out. :)

James

Many thanks everyone---brilliant and thanks again.

Sounds like a little bit of aggro but I can cope with that.

I had better tell them my quote wont cover the upstairs room though:eek:

cheers:beer1:

Mission
05-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Not sure if it's the same as the room Dan mentioned but there is the Loundon Suite that holds upto 60 people as well. The Disco and dancing area gets set up in what is the "Cafe/Restaurant" area next door. That's a bit of a pain to get to as well.

CRAZY K
17-10-2010, 05:03 PM
There are two rooms - one (The garden room I think it's called) is on the ground floor and access is via 3-4 outside steps which you can reverse right up to, then 2m to a fire escape, about 4m to another set of double doors, then 2m to another 4-5 steps up onto a stage. Fairly easy to be honest. I stick the sack truck at the top of the first set of steps, load from the van and wheel pretty much straight to the stage.

I've been told there's an upstairs room too, but I've never been in it.

This is the downstairs room -

http://www.revolution-djs.co.uk/getpic.php?image=September%20Weddings/DSCI0193.jpg&size=500

Hi there again Danno, im doing this job Wednesday in the Cedar Room.

I will ring the venue tomorrow to see what goes on, I decided to take the job irrespective of access which is allowed for in my price and its also midweek without any discounted rates:D --do you know of this Room as it doesnt appear to be on the main Botanical Gardens website :confused: :confused: :confused:

Also the Groom is Kurdish and bringing some of his own music--should be interesting--hey ho :beer1:

More importantly is there a sound limiter:eek: :eek: :eek:
thanks

Excalibur
17-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Also the Groom is Kurdish and bringing some of his own music--should be interesting--hey ho :beer1:

thanks

Nothing to do with this, I'm afraid, but I once did one for some Nigerian folk. I was handed a CD, back in the days when I still used them, so no probs, eh? Well yes, and then again, no. One track, seventy five minutes!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

CRAZY K
17-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Nothing to do with this, I'm afraid, but I once did one for some Nigerian folk. I was handed a CD, back in the days when I still used them, so no probs, eh? Well yes, and then again, no. One track, seventy five minutes!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

They did say a few--ah well that takes care of half the night then
:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

Ill be saving my energy for the derigging and awkward exit;)

If your anywhere near Birmingham Wednesday night Peter--------;)

JDB Entertainment
18-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Hi there again Danno, im doing this job Wednesday in the Cedar Room.

I will ring the venue tomorrow to see what goes on, I decided to take the job irrespective of access which is allowed for in my price and its also midweek without any discounted rates:D --do you know of this Room as it doesnt appear to be on the main Botanical Gardens website :confused: :confused: :confused:

thanks

Hi Crazy K,

As far as I am aware this is the other room(not mentioned previously) that I worked in a few months back.

I have a picture somewhere.(if you want I could dig it out)

It is towards the front of the Botanical Gardens, extremely small and I used a trolley for my equipment.

Its not that far, however a trolley made it twice as quick.

I am not 100% that this is the right room, however it is the only room not mentioned above.

Hope that helps.

James