PDA

View Full Version : ProDub

RabbittsKaraoke
05-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Hi

I'm not sure if this has been answered or not on this forum in any shape or form (i've searched the best i can) but as I'm reletively new i think it is important to get it right.

Is the ProDub retrospective?? IE do I have to obtain the license for ALL the songs (incl karaoke) I've ever ripped in the past (for personal use) that I'm planning to use at jobs? or do I just have to buy the license for the tracks i'm PLANNING to copy/format change??

I've just got the lowest tarriff one but thinking I may well need to upgrade if it is retrospective. I need to sort this before I start out properly, and it was a post from VectisVibe last week that started me thinking about it.

This seems a bit cloudy to me so I'm hoping someone can clear it up??

RabbittsKaraoke
05-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Apologies....

In the FAQ section on the ProDub website it gives me the answer....as follows...

"23. What happens about the copies I made prior to obtaining my ProDub Licence?
You will be permitted to use copies you have previously made under your ProDub so long as you include the number of any such previous copies in your estimate of songs to be copied for your first year’s licence. However, please note that individual MCPS or PPL members could still make claims against you for past unauthorised uses and these claims would not be affected by the grant of your ProDub Licence."

Looks like an upgrade!

Corabar Entertainment
05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Looks like an upgrade!:thumbsup: