PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Pioneer Equipment Hire

DynamoTom
08-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Hello Guys,

I am looking to hire these pieces of equipment for the 26th July 2010. If anyone has these items that I could hire from them, please comment below.

Equipment I would Like to hire:

2x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Single Table Top CD Players
1x Pioneer DJM 800 4 Channel Table Top Mixer
1x USB Soundcard to run Timecode CD via Virtual DJ
1x Coffin Case
1x Laptop Stand for 15 inch laptop

I am willing to spend £200 Max inc derlivery to -

Chartridge Conference Centre,
Chartridge Lane,
Chesham,
Buckinghamshire,
HP5 2TU

Many Thanks,

Tom

Cj_The_Dj
08-05-2010, 11:23 PM
WHY do you need this fancey equipment? and what wrong with your stuff?

Booche
09-05-2010, 12:18 AM
WHY do you need this fancey equipment? and what wrong with your stuff?

Was also thinking the same :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheers Dave :)

DynamoTom
09-05-2010, 12:33 AM
My current playout system is being used on the same day as this event and I also wanted to try out the Pioneer CDJ's + DJM before I possibly purchase them in a couple of months time.

DJ James Lake
09-05-2010, 12:47 AM
I could help out with all but the DJM800, but do have a Allen & Heath Xone 3d, all is set up already for virtual dj with timecodes, its a bit out of my way but could do it.

PM me if its of interest.

DynamoTom
09-05-2010, 01:19 AM
PM Sent

A1DL
09-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Tom, the CDJs and DJM are included in that generous quote I emailed you the other day, along with all the other PA equipment, generator & technician.

Charlie Brown
09-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Oh boy,

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and videos from the night tom. These 600 people are really going to appreciate CDJ's.

Why not just save your cash and use your own? Are you really getting enough for the gig to cover all of this? I think you have to be practical.

DynamoTom
09-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Thank you for that quote A1DL.

I have decided to go with a company which is closer to me and they are supplying everything I need apart from the CDJS + DJM because they don't stock the models I want.

DJ James Lake is kindly supplying me with his CDJ 1000s + Allen and Heath 3D Mixer so I can use it along with my PC Program.

A1DL
09-05-2010, 11:22 AM

I have decided to go with a company which is closer to me and they are supplying everything I need apart from the CDJS + DJM because they don't stock the models I want.

Not sure what you mean by that, Tom. You advised me the event was at Chartridge, Chesham, which is about as central to our heartland as one can get.

Also, I would have thought the hire co. having the right DJ playout gear for a DJ based event was fairly fundamental, but perhaps I'm missing the point or perhaps the hire co. have little experience with DJ based events, hence don't carry such on their inventory.

Out of interest, what FOH are you getting?

DynamoTom
09-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I am getting - http://ieshireshop.co.uk/#/sound-systems/4534795709

The last one on that page.

The hire company stock the CDJ 1000s but not the DJM 800 so I thought I would use a alternative.

Charlie Brown
09-05-2010, 11:36 AM

I have decided to go with a company which is closer to me

Ahhh,

Have you now. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

A1DL
09-05-2010, 12:02 PM

Fair enough Tom - I misinterpreted your original post as a serious enquiry for a serious PA, however I see from the above link this is far from the case.

~£3k of prolight and ~£30k of d&b are worlds apart. Sorry to have wasted your time matey, good luck with the gig.

djsteve10
09-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Fair enough Tom - I misinterpreted your original post as a serious enquiry for a serious PA, however I see from the above link this is far from the case.

~£3k of prolight and ~£30k of d&b are worlds apart. Sorry to have wasted your time matey, good luck with the gig.

I'm sure you would of looked after him too.

Tom, It isn't about what you play it on, It's what you play on the night that matters.

Corabar Entertainment
09-05-2010, 01:04 PM

The hire company stock the CDJ 1000s but not the DJM 800 so I thought I would use a alternative.:confused: :confused: They are in Waltham Abbey

Tom: we're still trying to work out where they are going to put a marquee for 600 people at Chartridge Conference Centre. They have large grounds, but not that much of it is flat and open. Are they ripping up the gardens or something? :lol:

Where is the marquee being erected?

Shaun
09-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Deja vu!

We had a lot of these types of threads when Dynamo Tom used the forum before (under the alias, allstareventsvisual).

I fear you're all wasting your time with replies.

Charlie Brown
09-05-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm not picking on Tom or trying to provoke an argument whatsoever.

This will be my last comment on the subject.

...Tom, do you really have a gig for 600 people in July? Yes or No?

Honesty is the key. :approve:

This forum will help you achieve so much Tom. It's not a competition and we aren't trying to impress each other - quite the opposite - we're actually HELPING each other.

I think we/you should let this thread lie and just enjoy the forum. It's amazing how much you'll pick up and learn the more time you spend/read/comment on here.

djsteve10
09-05-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm not picking on Tom or trying to provoke an argument whatsoever.

This will be my last comment on the subject.

...Tom, do you really have a gig for 600 people in July? Yes or No?

Honesty is the key. :approve:

This forum will help you achieve so much Tom. It's not a competition and we aren't trying to impress each other - quite the opposite - we're actually HELPING each other.

I think we/you should let this thread lie and just enjoy the forum. It's amazing how much you'll pick up and learn the more time you spend/read/comment on here.

And to be honest that PA that you have said you are hiring I wouldn't put that against 300 people in a decent indoor venue with good acoustics.

If you do have the gig like you say please take Tony up on his offers as he does know what he is talking about.

DynamoTom
09-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Thank you guys for all your replys.

Charlie - Yes I do have a booking for 600 people.

Elite DJ - I am not going down that route again on here because that was a big mistake and I regret doing it.

DJSteve 10 - The reason why I have gone for that particular sound system is because I am hiring some lighting from them also so I thought it would be easier to hire it all from one place then 3-4 different places. I think that sound system will do fine because I only need to provide sound for the dancefloor area.

Corabar Entertainment
09-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Did you miss this Tom?
Tom: we're still trying to work out where they are going to put a marquee for 600 people at Chartridge Conference Centre. They have large grounds, but not that much of it is flat and open. Are they ripping up the gardens or something? :lol:

Where is the marquee being erected?Would really like to know this. :)

DynamoTom
09-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Did you miss this Tom?Would really like to know this. :)

As far as I can make out from the client so far, I think they are going to be putting the marquee on the grounds where it is flat.

Gareth
09-05-2010, 02:12 PM
As far as I can make out from the client so far, I think they are going to be putting the marquee on the grounds where it is flat.

Inside is flat?!:bang:

DynamoTom
09-05-2010, 02:15 PM
They don't have a room big enough for 600 guests inside :confused:

Gareth
09-05-2010, 02:20 PM

They don't have a room big enough for 600 guests inside :confused:

Yes but inside the property is flat and that is on the grounds. Angela's question was where on the grounds is the marquee going to go?

Charlie Brown
09-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Tom,

Quit before your ahead.

PLEASE just enjoy the forum. You don't have a gig there. Nobody has a party for 600 people on a Monday night. The venue don't even cater for that type of event on such a big scale. Also, the venue have no recollection/idea/confirmed booking for that date.

DynamoTom
09-05-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't know where the marquee is going yet as I have been up there to inspect with the client yet.

Charlie - I will have the paper work to prove it tommorrow.

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-05-2010, 02:32 PM
How are you getting there - skateboard? :sj:

Corabar Steve
09-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Quit before your ahead.
The phrase is quit while you're ahead (well it's a bit late for that now anyway)

I don't know where the marquee is going yet as I have been up there to inspect with the client yet.
Tom you appear to have been caught out. Stop the pretence & just leave it.

Charlie Brown
09-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Cool.

Look forward to seeing it.

You said somewhere else on the forum that all your other gear was being used that night. I wish I was so busy on Mondays with all these private functions!

Corabar Entertainment
09-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I will have the paper work to prove it tommorrow.So Tom: if you do not have any paperwork yet, am I right in thinking that this is not a confirmed booking?

That being the case, I would seriously suggest you STOP booking hire equipment because you might very well end up out of pocket here. Once you book the hire equipment, you are liable for deposits/cancellation fees and if this booking doesn't materialise then you are going to be out of pocket.

...and to anyone on the forum looking to hire out kit to Tom: please remember that Tom is a minor and to consider the ensuing legal difficulties that could pose with regard to any contracts if the booking doesn't go ahead.

Corabar Steve
09-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Just to go with it for a while longer, who is organising the marquee Tom?

Charlie Brown
09-05-2010, 02:35 PM
The phrase is quit while you're ahead (well it's a bit late for that now anyway)

I didn't think it sounded right. :sj:

Shaun
09-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Tom,

I don't know if you're telling the truth or not. A word of warning though, we will not tolerate you wasting our members time with made up story's and fantasies like you did previously. I'll be watching your posts so tread carefully.

Charlie Brown
09-05-2010, 02:45 PM
How are you getting there - skateboard? :sj:

Nah, roller skating all the way. :D

Why have you deleted my off Facebook Tom? :confused:

You've taken the time to design this...

....I'm bewildered.

Mark Wild
09-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Leave it out Charles, no need to rub salt in the wounds fella. ;)

Charlie Brown
09-05-2010, 02:55 PM

Okay, sorry - that was me being cruel.

I'm sure Tom is a really nice guy. I just don't understand why he feels the urge to make things up. It's wasted Tony's time putting a quote together etc etc.

What's wrong with enjoying and participating like everyone else?

Making up false gigs is just pointless, benefiting no one - not even himself!

Corabar Steve
09-05-2010, 03:01 PM
I have to agree. Can we leave it at that. It does look as though Tom has been well & truly caught out (although we have no concrete proof yet), but there is no need to be nasty.

Please refrain from what amounts to little more than name calling.

Tom should know that telling porkies on here will always get found out (from previous experience) & if he is up to his old tricks (which would be a shame given what was said when he re-joined the forum), the truth will out. Not too hard in this case as a few members (myself included) know the alleged venue.

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Please refrain from what amounts to little more than name calling

OK beardy. :D

Corabar Steve
09-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Watch it baldie! :sj:

Excalibur
09-05-2010, 03:11 PM
OK beardy. :D

Watch it baldie! :sj:

There are times when the behaviour of the youth of today leads us mature, responsible and well behaved folk to despair. :sofa:

Corabar Steve
09-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Shut it you old fart! :sj:

Booche
09-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Hmmmm weird how the company dont know anything about a booking on that date spoke to the booking person and he said the only booking that they have got on that date is for two bedroom bookings lol

Shame :(

Cheers Dave....

Shakermaker Promotions
09-05-2010, 03:58 PM
What exactly was the point of this whole thing?
I don't know the bloke but it seems most of you lot do so why let the thread continue if you had an inkling that it may be Jackanory time?

Excalibur
09-05-2010, 04:25 PM
What exactly was the point of this whole thing?I don't know the bloke but it seems most of you lot do so why let the thread continue if you had an inkling that it may be Jackanory time?

Dunno. :confused: :confused: Good job I didn't quote for trucking a load of Class D's and Genis down there. :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Steve
09-05-2010, 04:51 PM
What exactly was the point of this whole thing?
I don't know the bloke but it seems most of you lot do so why let the thread continue if you had an inkling that it may be Jackanory time?
Because he promised not to tell tall tales when we gave him a clean slate. Shame it's becoming evident that it didn't last.

Shakermaker Promotions
09-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Sorry, I didn't see his original 'Porky Pies' if that's what they were.
Can't really see the point of telling them....maybe to your mates if they are that gullible but not to a forum full of people that actually know what they are doing!

StarZSoundS
09-05-2010, 06:14 PM

Quit before your ahead.

The other day you said you loved the Humour on here!!:D :D :D

That is another Charlie Classic....;) ;) ;)

And you spelt your wrong.I think Angie would have told you...but maybe she was:Censored: herself laughing!!

Wheres Max....make my day!!:beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Excalibur
09-05-2010, 06:17 PM
The other day you said you loved the Humour on here!!:D :D :D

That is another Charlie Classic....;) ;) ;)

And you spelt your wrong.I think Angie would have told you...but maybe she was:Censored: herself laughing!!

Wheres Max....make my day!!:beer1: :beer1: :beer1:
The only missing member of the Crazy Gang. :D :D

StarZSoundS
09-05-2010, 06:29 PM
The only missing member of the Crazy Gang. :D :D

Angie will remember....Max got Pancake Day mixed up with April Fools Day and started playing pranks on his Mates on Shrove Tuesday...they didn't get it....can't remember the thread it was on!!:D :D :D

Anyway:ontopic: my fault....apologies!!!

Ajaysdisco
09-05-2010, 08:36 PM

Charlie - I will have the paper work to prove it tommorrow.

I don’t know if you have or do not have this gig and it’s not up to me to judge you.
However you may find the following information useful when finding a spot to site the marquee. :)
For 600 people you will need a 40 x 120 foot marquee (12 x 36m)
For 600 people seated you will need 50 x 140 foot marquee (15 x 42m)

http://www.countymarquees.com/pricing/marquees.htm