PDA

View Full Version : [ SOLD ] Kewtech Kt71 Pat Tester

DJ James Lake
11-05-2010, 05:23 PM
I have for sale a KEWTECH KT71 Pat Tester, its in mint condition and comes with carry bag, all leads and instruction manual.

Its one of the easiest pat testers I have never actually used the tester as it was as a backup for my main tester, I was also going to use it to get another guy on board but never go round to it..

Its ideal for disco equipment as its so easy to use and can do the IT tests and IEC lead tests which most disco equipment requires.

For those who dont already know, you dont need to be qualified to PAT test you just have to be competent in order to carry out the tests, with this tester its so straight forward even a monkey could do it. You can save yourself a fortune by doing it yourself.

Anyway looking for £250 inc postage.

Heres the info about the KT71

Easy and Safe Testing - Great for low level users!

The KT71 makes PAT Testing easy and safe. In house maintenance staff who conduct their own yearly PAT Testing and electrical contractors who need to have a PAT testing capability, but for whom it is not core for their business, can easily be trained to use this instrument with complete safety.

LED indictators give visual pass/fail indication with limits set in accordance with the IET (IEE) code of practice. This means that, in most cases, users will not have to interpret the results.

When switching to live testing (in leakage current mode) audible warnings are given that the appliance is about to come live. A double button press is also required to safeguard against inadvertent switching on of an appliance.

Features of the Kewtech KT71:

Performs Earth bond at 200mA for IT appliance
and high current 20A for all other appliances
· 250V / 500V insulation test voltages
· Run / leakage at 230V
· Single rotary dial position initiates test sequence
· Class I IT 200mA Earth Bond
· Class I 20A Earth Bond
· Class II
·

SPECIFICATION:
· Memory for test lead resistance compensation

· Extension lead test – including polarity

· LED indication of pass / fail as well as a result display

· Automatic check if appliance is switched on or not

· Test 110V appliances for earth bond and insulation (with

· appropriate test adaptor)

· Tests in accordance with the IEE Code of Practice

Class I Test
It automatically goes through the test sequence, for example, it performs the sequence of an earth bond test at 200mA, followed by a check to see whether the user has not forgotten to switch the instrument on, then an insulation test.
The insulation test has a 250V or 500V option and the test sequence also has an option whether a leakage current test is done instead of an insulation test.
This corresponds to the IEE Code of Practice which supports a leakage test where insulation tests cannot be safely conducted.

Class I 20A test
Performs the sequence of an earth bond test at 20A, followed by a check to see whether the user has not forgotten to switch the instrument on, then an insulation test.

The insulation test has a 250V or 500V option and the test sequence has an alternative of a leakage current test instead of the insultation test.

This corresponds to the IEE code of Practice which supports a leakage test where insultation tests cannot be safely conducted or are suspect.

Class II Test
The Class II sequence tests whether the appliance is switched on and then runs an insulation test. A leakage current test (touch current test) can be conducted as an alternative.

Leakage Current (Touch Current) Test
The Leakage Current Test is conducted at mains voltage, a load test and a leakage test is undertaken and the results are shown alternatively on the screen. (Testing at mains voltage gives superior results than instruments that perform this by subsequent leakage tests).

Extension Lead Test
Tests Earth Continuity with 20A test current, insultation and polarity. An extension lead adapter comes with the KT71.

Kewtech KT71 comes supplied with:
• Mains Lead
• Test Lead/Crocodile Clip
• Instruction Manual
• Soft Carry Case

DJ James Lake
11-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Now sold - subject to collection