PDA

View Full Version : New Midlands / east midlands meet

spin mobile disco
13-05-2010, 04:19 PM
After the unfortunate turnout on the last meet (not mine organised by someone else who didnt even turn up) I thought I would have a go at organising a meet.
Im based in northampton but I was thinking of arranging it for milton keynes as being just off the M1 it may be easier for others to get there. Tentatively looking at the end of June maybe wednesday 30th or around there depending on others commitments.

If you think you may be interested please post on here along with best day for you. If we get enough interest, say 10 people or more then we will go ahead.
Open to suggestions but the red hot world buffet we went to last time was great at £12 inclusive a head as much as you can eat. Drinks were not too bad either. Plenty of space they have a nice lounge area to meet up in and have drinks then go through to the main room for dinner afterwards.

Also we can have a swap shop if anyone has any equipment they want to try to sell / swap with other comers then feel free.

Oh and parking is free after 6pm as well.

Charlie Brown
13-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Is that in Nottingham?

Corabar Entertainment
13-05-2010, 04:44 PM
No - Milton Keynes

Matt: You know us, if it's within stabbing distance and we can make it, we'll be there :lol:

(Can't say 100% atm, because I haven't actually checked the calendar, but you get my drift :D )

BTW: Steve and I can also vouch for Red Hot World Buffet .... being the only others who turned up for the last meet! :eek:

Corabar Entertainment
25-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Oh well, looks like huge interest again Matt :lol:

SC Events
25-05-2010, 11:02 AM
To be fair Angela, Milton Keynes is too far for me to travel and it isn't even in the West or East Midlands, it's in Buckinghamshire, which is right on the edge of the South of the Midlands, unless my geography brain isn't working today :D

West Midlands = Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Stoke-on-Trent. Then on the border, there is Telford, Wrekin, Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Shropshire.

East Midlands = Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Rutland.

:D :D :D

Corabar Entertainment
25-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Not arguing with geography Scott. :D

SC Events
25-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Not arguing with geography Scott. :D

:lol:

Not a fan of Geography Angela? :D

Corabar Entertainment
25-05-2010, 11:14 AM
My view on geography is "I'll find out where it is if I want to go there" :p