PDA

View Full Version : Off to a wedding fayre

DiscoPromotions
16-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Sunday Morning and the sun is out, off to a Wedding fayre in Oldbury to hopefully generate intrest and promote our services.

Let you know how it goes.

dj keevers
16-05-2010, 09:39 AM
good luck, will be itching to read how it went

DiscoPromotions
16-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Right, just got back in and walked away from the wedding fayre with 1 confirmed booking, but quite few number of enquires.

Organiser of the wedding fayre has provided a list of approx 80 brides names with email, wedding dates, and contact address, so will be thinking of marketing message to send out to them this week

It cost £75 to attend, £20 in Fuel and walked away with 1 confirmed booking.

Majority of the brides who did come and have a chat with us enquired about dates that we are not available this year; mainly in month August which is our busiest period.

We are back Debenhams on Saturday for another wedding fayre, then one more in June until the Autumn

djdave01
16-05-2010, 06:11 PM
the last wedding fayre i did cost me £100, and all i got was 1 booking from a lady who works at the same hotel, and would have booked me anyway.

the one before that landed me 5 jobs, often its just your luck if your available on the required date.

DiscoPromotions
16-05-2010, 06:58 PM
the last wedding fayre i did cost me £100, and all i got was 1 booking from a lady who works at the same hotel, and would have booked me anyway.

the one before that landed me 5 jobs, often its just your luck if your available on the required date.

I agree, but the data provided by the organisers of the wedding fayre of the brides who attended may generate further bookings.

Charlie Brown
16-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Least you got one booking out of it...may follow onto more work.

I'm sure a few brides will pop along.

For the dates you were already booked - you should of took down their details and sorted out other reliable DJ's and taken a cut!

Seems a wasted opportunity IMO.

DiscoPromotions
17-05-2010, 04:39 AM
Least you got one booking out of it...may follow onto more work.

I'm sure a few brides will pop along.

For the dates you were already booked - you should of took down their details and sorted out other reliable DJ's and taken a cut!

Seems a wasted opportunity IMO.

As part of our promotion material we do not sub-contract any of our events out (i.e we not entertainment agency). That is what we tell our clients, so they know if they book us, they only get us and not alternative service.

Personally I am NOT interested in taking timeout to find & sort out DJs for small cut, not worth my time and effort. However, I do not mind trying to help out DJ's to find other DJs to cover event, but if we can't source a DJ the comeback is not on us.

So it is much simpler if we say just Sorry, but we are not available.

JDB Entertainment
17-05-2010, 04:45 AM
As part of our promotion material we do not sub-contract any of our events out (i.e we not entertainment agency). That is what we tell our clients, so they know if they book us, they only get us and not alternative service.

Personally I am NOT interested in taking timeout to find & sort out DJs for small cut, not worth my time and effort. However, I do not mind trying to help out DJ's to find other DJs to cover event, but if we can't source a DJ the comeback is not on us.

So it is much simpler if we say just Sorry, but we are not available.

Recommending DJ's is another good way aswell, Networking swings in roundabouts! ;)

DiscoPromotions
17-05-2010, 04:49 AM
Recommending DJ's is another good way aswell, Networking swings in roundabouts! ;)

We do recommend other DJs that clients may try, but we do not take on the booking on

DiscoPromotions
17-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Another booking taking tonight from the wedding fayre on Sunday.

ppentertainments
17-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Another booking taking tonight from the wedding fayre on Sunday.
Thats the thing with wedding fayres. You may not get any bookings on the day, but the advertising can last for months.

DiscoPromotions
17-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Thats the thing with wedding fayres. You may not get any bookings on the day, but the advertising can last for months.

It will be interesting to see what leads generate from this one.