PDA

View Full Version : North East Meet Up - Tues 25th May - Taybarns

ppentertainments
16-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Nothing official, just a few of us meeting up at Taybarns at the Metro Centre on Tuesday 25th May. We will be there from 6.30, but will prob spend most the night there (it is all you can eat after all :D ). So even if you finish work late, you can always pop in.

If you have never been to Taybarns - www.taybarns.com - before it is an all you can eat buffet style eatery. It cost £7.99 for the food (as much as you want) and if driving refillable soft drinks are £2.25. Alcoholic drinks are not badly priced neither if you are lucky to have a driver (hint, hint :) )

It is Taybarns at the Metro Centre. If travelling from the South it is the Exit from the A1 AFTER the Metro Centre, if heading from the North, obviously, it is the junction BEFORE.

Post here or give me a ring (07861 688 388) / e-mail for numbers. No need to pre-book, just so we have an idea of what size table to get.

Excalibur
16-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Nothing official, just a few of us meeting up at Taybarns at the Metro Centre on Tuesday 25th May. We will be there from 6.30, but will prob spend most the night there (it is all you can eat after all :D ). So even if you finish work late, you can always pop in.

If you have never been to Taybarns - www.taybarns.com - before it is an all you can eat buffet style eatery. It cost £7.99 for the food (as much as you want) and if driving refillable soft drinks are £2.25. Alcoholic drinks are not badly priced neither if you are lucky to have a driver (hint, hint :) )

It is Taybarns at the Metro Centre. If travelling from the South it is the Exit from the A1 AFTER the Metro Centre, if heading from the North, obviously, it is the junction BEFORE.

Post here or give me a ring (07861 688 388) / e-mail for numbers. No need to pre-book, just so we have an idea of what size table to get.

Hmmmmmmmm. Only £3.99 for us mature over 60 types. ;) :D :D :D :D

ppentertainments
16-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Hmmmmmmmm. Only £3.99 for us mature over 60 types. ;) :D :D :D :D
And theres no stairs :D :D

Your more than welcome Peter. Drop your wife off for shopping at the Metro Centre, then slip away to meet us. Attend a DJ get together AND earn brownie points at home at the same time :D :D

Excalibur
16-05-2010, 08:41 PM
And theres no stairs :D :D

Your more than welcome Peter. Drop your wife off for shopping at the Metro Centre, then slip away to meet us. Attend a DJ get together AND earn brownie points at home at the same time :D :D

Tempting mate. ;) :D :D :D Sadly, I did the run twice before Xmas, and know how far it is. :( :( :( :(

DazzyD
16-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Since when was the Metro Centre in Newcastle? I'm sure the proud (and independant) folk of Gateshead would have something to say about this!

I have the kids this weekend so they'll probably spend all my money! However, if I've got spare funds (not likely but possible) I just may make it!

Excalibur
16-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Since when was the Metro Centre in Newcastle? I'm sure the proud (and independant) folk of Gateshead would have something to say about this!

I have the kids this weekend so they'll probably spend all my money! However, if I've got spare funds (not likely but possible) I just may make it!

And when did I mention Newcastle? :p :D :D :D ( Though yes, it was Newcastle where I went. :D :D )

I see it's about five miles closer, so that makes all the difference. :D :D :D :D

DazzyD
16-05-2010, 11:15 PM
And when did I mention Newcastle? :p :D :D :D ( Though yes, it was Newcastle where I went. :D :D )

I see it's about five miles closer, so that makes all the difference. :D :D :D :D

Erm, you didn't Peter. I was referring to the Taybarns website which calls it Taybarns, Newcastle Upon Tyne and gives the address as Swallwell, Newcastle Upon Tyne when we all know that Swallwell is in Gateshead!

Didn't mean to make you paranoid there, Peter! Maybe I should have made my post a little clearer! ;)

ppentertainments
17-05-2010, 06:06 PM

This is the problem with meetups, it cannot suit everyone.

We do think we had an almost 'perfect' plan by using Taybarns. For £10.24 you can have as much to eat and soft drink as you want. We also made the announcement fairly early to allow people to arrange the time, money and also have from 6.30 till the place closes again to allow time.

I would like to see this well supported as I personally have strived to bring a meetup to the north of the region. Previous meetups have been to the south of the region and poorly supported from further north.

I am in the process of calling, texting, emailing many DJ's who have always said they would 'like' to attend but for whatever reason cannot. This is the opportunity TO attend I believe.

For anyone considering attending I will guarantee it will be the best tenner you will spend this year. As well as an enjoyable evening (with loads to eat) the networking opportunity is one not to be missed. We have kept this informal to allow people to network.

As I mentioned I have really encouraged some meetings to happen further North, if this fails that unfortunately will be the end of it.

Rant over. :)

PS Not aimed at you Dazzy, I just want to see this well supported to hopefully help raise awareness and meet fellow DJ's in this immediate area, slowly but surely.

STEVE HANLEY
17-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Just want to confirm Chris. Count Mary and me in looking forward to it. Would be great if more dj's from the North East could attend

ppentertainments
17-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Just want to confirm Chris. Count Mary and me in looking forward to it. Would be great if more dj's from the North East could attend
:thumbsup:

DazzyD
18-05-2010, 01:11 PM
This is the problem with meetups, it cannot suit everyone.

We do think we had an almost 'perfect' plan by using Taybarns. For £10.24 you can have as much to eat and soft drink as you want. We also made the announcement fairly early to allow people to arrange the time, money and also have from 6.30 till the place closes again to allow time.

I would like to see this well supported as I personally have strived to bring a meetup to the north of the region. Previous meetups have been to the south of the region and poorly supported from further north.

I am in the process of calling, texting, emailing many DJ's who have always said they would 'like' to attend but for whatever reason cannot. This is the opportunity TO attend I believe.

For anyone considering attending I will guarantee it will be the best tenner you will spend this year. As well as an enjoyable evening (with loads to eat) the networking opportunity is one not to be missed. We have kept this informal to allow people to network.

As I mentioned I have really encouraged some meetings to happen further North, if this fails that unfortunately will be the end of it.

Rant over. :)

PS Not aimed at you Dazzy, I just want to see this well supported to hopefully help raise awareness and meet fellow DJ's in this immediate area, slowly but surely.

S'okay, Chris. I didn't take any offence. Anyway, I am in the process of swinging it to be able to attend (although I wouldn't get there until later on). As soon as I receive this month's pay note later this week I'll be able to decide.

Also, I have passed the invite round to some DJs who aren't on the MDD forum so you might get another one or two in attendance also!

deltic
20-05-2010, 02:13 PM
ok decided i'm up for this one,count me in.............anybody else?

ppentertainments
20-05-2010, 05:28 PM
ok decided i'm up for this one,count me in.............anybody else?
As said already, it will be great to meet you.

Any more support ?? I am trying to get a rough idea of numbers. So far I think we have round about 10 - 12 names, but would like more. I get more people in the immediate area tell me they can't go to meets because of the distance, when they were further south, so no excuses with this one.

So...............anybdy else?

Dynamic Entertainment
20-05-2010, 09:09 PM
As said in Pm mate, ket me know for the next one and ill defo be there... have you emailed an invite over for Nigel yet?.....

ppentertainments
20-05-2010, 09:11 PM
As said in Pm mate, ket me know for the next one and ill defo be there... have you emailed an invite over for Nigel yet?.....
Laid a taxi on for him lol

DazzyD
23-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Cash - Sorted (just!)
Transport - Sorted
Ex and kids - Sorted (with some degree of bargaining!)

Count me in!

STEVE HANLEY
23-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Should be a good one see you all there

ppentertainments
24-05-2010, 03:35 PM
*Bump*

Should be a good meet, with a lot of new faces which is great.

(Excuse time :o - due to going back to school I won't be there till just after 7. I have to go to my son's school to get taught how they teach him maths :confused: :confused: Must go as a subject he is really struggling with)

Anyone need any info or get lost give me a ring on 07861 688 388 :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: (sorry most driving, need a fizzy pop smilie)

deltic
24-05-2010, 04:44 PM
could have been thrown out by then :D :D :D

ppentertainments
24-05-2010, 09:34 PM
could have been thrown out by then :D :D :D
This ain't Cumbria :D :D

Should be a fairly good turnout (as far as DJ meets go).

Looks like I will be sticking to soft drinks as driving hint hint - anyone :D :D

alanrees151
25-05-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm going to this, so will see you all there!

axeman
25-05-2010, 12:47 PM
count me in too

ppentertainments
25-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Well a good time had, certainly plenty of laughs. I hope everyone enjoyed the night. The food was certainly plentiful.

Only gripe, as expected, was the numbers who turned up. It was a real shame to have a meet in the North of the region and only 2 DJ's who I would class from that region turn up, with the others travelling from a distance. I think future meets will return further south. :(

Special thanks to Andy (Deltic) for making the effort and the long drive - great to meet you and hopfully won't be the last time - especially now you know the answer to your roadie problems :D :D :D :D

STEVE HANLEY
25-05-2010, 11:30 PM
:agree:

Was good to meet Colin Cook Top bloke....Andy (Deltic) Top Bloke.......Shaun (Flatliners) Well What can I say? You put the icing on it mate. Had us all in stitches........You're as daft as a ships cat. Keep up the good work:D :D

flatliners
26-05-2010, 12:00 AM
I really enjoyed it great bunch of nutty people in an all you can eat food place talking shop what more could you ask for.
just got rid of all that food i ate :Rob James:

deltic
26-05-2010, 08:44 AM
cheers guys for the kind words

enjoyed meeting you all,was a good night,who knows maybe the firs of many!!

Dynamic Entertainment
26-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Give me a shout for the next one, and ill defo be coming over :)

alanrees151
26-05-2010, 05:20 PM
It was good to meet a few new faces and it was an entertaining night.

I'm sure there will be another meeting soon.

Me and Colin might try and get down to the next North Yorkshire NADJ meeting so maybe we can try and arrange something for that.

DazzyD
26-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Sounds like it was a good night and one which I was looking forward to but, in the end, I had to work late (and I didn't get told that I was needed until 3pm yesterday!).

For the next meet-up I'm going to take a day's holiday so that doesn't happen again. Just let me know when, and where, it will be!

ppentertainments
26-05-2010, 07:08 PM
It was good to meet a few new faces and it was an entertaining night.

I'm sure there will be another meeting soon.

Me and Colin might try and get down to the next North Yorkshire NADJ meeting so maybe we can try and arrange something for that.
Count me in for that Alan, I though about going this month (tonight) but with being out last night and a hectic weekend better not :)

ppentertainments
26-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Give me a shout for the next one, and ill defo be coming over :)

Who says you will be invited :confused: :p :D :D :D :D