PDA

View Full Version : There's only 1 Mr Mayhem

STEVE HANLEY
17-05-2010, 09:23 PM
If it was sung from the terraces people would know who they meant.

I took a phone call this morning from the man himself. Who knew I needed a bit of advice. The phone call lasted over 20 minutes as we discussed allsorts. As we discussed all manner of things from kids parties to me jumping out planes with a 120 pound pack attached to my ankles.

We even discussed the possibilty of getting everyone connected with this forum into organising an MDD charity event for Help The Heroes a one off event somewhere centrally where we can all attend.

Great publicity for this forum. The mobile disco industry in general and the media would swarm all over us. As Help The Heroes is the one charity that's pricked the nations conciousness in recent times, as our lads and lasses continue to die thousands of miles away from home

Anyway Garry many thanks for the chinwag mate it was awesome

:youdaman:

ppentertainments
17-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Agree, the man is a legend, and IMO one of the most helpful people you could speak too.

I know many others have had some great advice off Garry. As you mentioned Steve, Garry rings 'out of the blue' which shows how willing he is to help.

PS Garry - the 'chants' are working ;)

rob1963
17-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Agree, the man is a legend

Seconded.

I've also had some very enjoyable phone chats with Mr M, the last one just a few days ago, and I very much look forward to meeting him when he has a gig in my neck of the woods.

Respect, Garry.

:beerchug:

mikeee
18-05-2010, 08:10 AM
I've seen the man work...well what can I say...a born natural

Mayhem 1
18-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Gentlemen:

Many thanks for those very kind words.

As I have said many times before if I can help anyone with advice then it is my pleasure.

The idea that Steve had for a "Help For Heros" event is one I would definitely try and be at and do a bit especially if it was a family event and central to us all.

Thanks again gents. :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

ppentertainments
18-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Gentlemen:

Many thanks for those very kind words.

As I have said many times before if I can help anyone with advice then it is my pleasure.

The idea that Steve had for a "Help For Heros" event is one I would definitely try and be at and do a bit especially if it was a family event and central to us all.

Thanks again gents. :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Well, if you would like a small race night included to raise funds, you know where to ask ;)

Mayhem 1
18-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Over to you stevie mate, your idea buddy

STEVE HANLEY
18-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Over to you stevie mate, your idea buddy

In the immortal words of Ida corr and Fedde le Grand... Let me think about it

simonp
19-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I'd be up for doing a bit - availability permitting :D

Mayhem 1
20-05-2010, 07:08 AM
If this event came off it could be huge!!!

Imagin with the members on here and the sound and lighting contacts some of them have it would be an amazing show!!

Flyboy
08-07-2010, 08:54 PM
There Is Definately only one Mr Mayhem, Not only a Fantastic Entertainer but also a true buddy who'm i'm very pleased to have known and had the privalige of working for, For the last 13 years as his sound engineer at the Bumble 'B' Roadshow. He's never to busy for you and will always go out of his way to offer help and advice to you. This man is a true legend, nearly 30 years in the business now and still going strong, here's to another 30 years Boss!!!!! As for the help for hero's gig i'd be more than willing to help out in anyway that i can for it. Looking forward to getting to know you all on here as Mr Mayhems said many nice things bout you all, Catch up soon Flyboy

Ajaysdisco
12-07-2010, 08:39 PM
What more can I say other than :agree:
I have had the privilege of meeting him and seeing his show.
Garry, I don’t know where you get the energy from. :)

Mayhem 1
13-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Thanks guys for your very kind comments.

Flyboy: Hmmmmmmmm

Ajaysdisco: I have lost count on how many people ask about "where do I get my energy from"? I suppose it is just sheer 100% enjoyment in what I am doing and as anyone who knows me me can vouch I just can not stand still I have to get in there and "Unleash the beast"

CRAZY K
13-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys for your very kind comments.

Flyboy: Hmmmmmmmm

Ajaysdisco: I have lost count on how many people ask about "where do I get my energy from"? I suppose it is just sheer 100% enjoyment in what I am doing and as anyone who knows me me can vouch I just can not stand still I have to get in there and "Unleash the beast"

Anyone who can lift a Peavey UL15 above his shoulders and stick it on notch 4 of a Speaker stand has my admiration

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mayhem 1
14-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Not a problem Alan, just eat 3 shredded wheat

Flyboy
27-07-2010, 12:35 PM
ohhhhhh mr mayhem you man you lol

Mayhem 1
27-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Thats me mate

Mark Wild
27-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Ah ! I've always wondered what you do ! lol

YouTube- Purple People Eater - Mayhem style

Shaun
27-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Ah ! I've always wondered what you do ! lol

YouTube- Purple People Eater - Mayhem style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S8FzbJRZPg)

...or how about this....... :d

YouTube- Mr Mayhem The King

Mark Wild
27-07-2010, 02:32 PM
...or how about this....... :d

YouTube- Mr Mayhem The King (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juOCHEomvFw)

Ah ! Le Slick Elvis impersonation routine :D

Mayhem 1
27-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Its all about having fun chaps!!